Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a good excuse to sack my cleaner?!?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why did you hire her if your friends let her go for slacking off?
    Maybe OP has a pregnant fetish? and now they feel guilty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

So the suck has being replaced by the original sack ?

No cleaners human or otherwise were killed in the making of this post .

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

why the hell do you pay her so much? €15 an hour for a cleaner!!! :eek:

getting rid of her should be simple enough.

just call the police on her some time when she is there cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Quote - uglyjohn;54553609]why the hell do you pay her so much? €15 an hour for a cleaner!!! :eek:

getting rid of her should be simple enough.

just call the police on her some time when she is there cleaning.
    what would they charge her with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

pretend you dont know her and she broke in.

they probably wouldnt charge her or anything but she would be less than impressed and wont work for you any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

My sis got dumped onw time by the new girlfriend ringing her up and telling her that she is dumped.

Get new cleaner and ask new cleaner to phone old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What exactly do you mean by cutting corners, OP? What's she supposed to do, and what's she doing? Is it completely understood between you what she's supposed to do? Are you there when she's in your place, working along behind her, or does she clean when you're not around?

This may not be a permanent problem. You may be able to talk to her about it, and work things out. We all screw up occasionally in our work; sometimes it's for an obvious reason like lack of appreciation, sometimes it's tiredness or illness or distressing things in our real life throwing us off centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When the OP's friends sacked the cleaner, it seems it was recently, when the cleaner became pregnant, and started cutting corners when cleaning the OP friends houses, one of which caught the cleaner doing so.

For example: you pay the cleaner to do 3 hours of work. Instead she does 1.5 hours of work, and skips stuff such as hovering the carpets, or dusting.

OP: just sack her. Tell her she isn't doing the job properly, and goodbye. Take the key off her, and get a new cleaner. She'll probably give you some sob story, but f**k it, your house needs cleaning, and you'll get someone else to clean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

the_syco wrote: »
    When the OP's friends sacked the cleaner, it seems it was recently, when the cleaner became pregnant, and started cutting corners when cleaning the OP friends houses, one of which caught the cleaner doing so.

For example: you pay the cleaner to do 3 hours of work. Instead she does 1.5 hours of work, and skips stuff such as hovering the carpets, or dusting.

OP: just sack her. Tell her she isn't doing the job properly, and goodbye. Take the key off her, and get a new cleaner. She'll probably give you some sob story, but f**k it, your house needs cleaning, and you'll get someone else to clean it.

As above with Merry Christmas added at the end :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

solas wrote: »
    I think I speak for all lesbians everywhere when I say, there's nothing uglier than a vulgar woman...who sucks off their cleaner
    A gynacologist complemented a patient on clean she was down under, she replied " of course, I have a woman in twice a week"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What sort of contract does the cleaner have as that's what you and she have to adhere to. If she doesn't do the work she is contracted to then bye bye, if you break the contract then she could rightfully chase you for wrongful dismissal.

If she works for a company then just tell the company you've decided you don't need a cleaner.

No point in lying, if she isn't up to scratch then the sooner she knows the better so she can continue to work elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

uglyjohn wrote: »
    pretend you dont know her and she broke in.

they probably wouldnt charge her or anything but she would be less than impressed and wont work for you any more.

What she broke in and started cleaning???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Archeron

Call the CIA and say she's a terrorist.
    Hey presto, she'll be extraordinarily-renditionized before you can say "unwashed crockery".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking at this thread and the other about the tickets I am curious.
    Sacking a pregnant woman and not wanting to give money back. What exactly is "quality" about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Hide silverware in her pockets, then when she's leaving be the kind host and bring her her coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Just get your butler to do it. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

you should just tell her she's no longer needed due to staff downsizing

if she's under contract you have to warn her to buck up but don't mention the pregnancy
    have you given that other person their 240 yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

biko wrote: »
    Looking at this thread and the other about the tickets I am curious.
    Sacking a pregnant woman and not wanting to give money back. What exactly is "quality" about you?
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Dudess wrote: »
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

what is the going rate for a cleaner btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think you should cut the person some slack if they are pregnant. They deserve a verbal wraning at least and see if their performance picks up over the next month or two.

It is horrible to sack a pregnant person without so much as a warning of bad performance OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have a dirty protest in your own living room, and vomit down your stairs.

Reckon the problem will look after itself after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

it doesnt have to be all pessimism u know!....jus put a bit of humor into it. try this:

knock knock,
    whos there,
    NOT U! GET THE HELL OFF MY PROPERTY PREGGERS, UR FIRED!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm pretty sure its against some law to sack someone who's Pregnent.
    make sure you have a watertight reason why they were sacked.

eg. Dont just sack her out of the blue,
    find/make up a good reason

or leave a fifty on the floor when you leave, and if its gone when you come home, then you can sack her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

or leave a fifty on the floor when you leave, and if its gone when you come home, then you can sack her

no, see this crap is just plain dirty! just sack her for the reason u said!, shes not doin her job properly!, give her a strict warning, if she doesnt improve, just tell her that shes already been given a warning and get rid of her

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hardly dirty, She takes The fifty, she deserves to be sacked

Advertisement