Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a good excuse to sack my cleaner?!?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

She is 6 months pregnant and she is not doing a great job at the moment.

I am not being bad but the last thing I need after paying her €15 an hour to do a job is to be coming home and not being happy. She is cutting corners big time and has to go.

But I dont want to come accross as bad, I dont want anyone, unleashing their hormones on me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wait til she has the babog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

You can't sack her for being pregnant, and this is a PI is it not?

Try telling her to work harder maybe? thats pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

How long have you been hiring her for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Is she on a contract or belonging to a come cleaning company?

Tell them she's been stealing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

She doesnt belong to a company, friends of mine had her, and they sacked her cause she wasnt working the full hours for them, But I have no way of catching her out on this!!

One of them did some work from home, and caught her out a couple of times. I have a feeling she is doing the same to me...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Say to her "I want to do my own cleaning, I'm not a little baby anymore."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

humbert wrote: »
    Tell them she's been stealing..

... I don't even know where to start with this one... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Quality wrote: »
    She is cutting corners big time and has to go.
    Here's the only reason you need: she's not doing the job that she's being paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

She doesnt belong to a company, friends of mine had her, and they sacked her cause she wasnt working the full hours for them, But I have no way of catching her out on this!!

One of them did some work from home, and caught her out a couple of times. I have a feeling she is doing the same to me...

Just get a friend to call round occasionally if you can't be there, give them a key and they can check on her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Explain that its not her, but its you.

Tell her you need more space.

Tell her you need to find out who you really are.

Failing the classic break up lines, you should issue her with a verbal warning - be it formal or informal. By doing this, she might actually improve her cleaning or the shock of being sacked will be lowered as after all, you have warned her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 psilocin

Mena wrote: »
    ... I don't even know where to start with this one... :confused:

I'll get the ball rolling then. She's stealing pay by cutting corners. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

If she hasn't a contract or any expectation that it's a long term role then I don't see why you couldn't just be upfront with her and say you don't need her anymore. Im sure it's the last thing she needs being pregnant but that should have nothing to do with it really if she simply isn't doing what she is paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I thought for a second the thread title was "I need a good excuse to clean my sack?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

I had the same dilema with my chauffeur, i just said the same thing to him as i did to my personal cook.........Adios Amigo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jesus, What more of an excuse do you need if she is doing a crap job?
    Tell her your worried she'll break her water all over your carpet.

There are heaps of filipinos that would do a much better job for cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

of course u can
    just fit one of those wireless alarms to the doors and make her sign in and out: the engineers log will give u the intell u need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

She is 6 months pregnant and she is not doing a great job at the moment.

I am not being bad but the last thing I need after paying her €15 an hour to do a job is to be coming home and not being happy. She is cutting corners big time and has to go.

But I dont want to come accross as bad, I dont want anyone, unleashing their hormones on me!!

Why don't you let your feelings known to her, tell her that you've noticed the work not being done well and if she continues to work below your standards you will have to find someone else. Either that or do it yourself.

Maybe her pregnancy is having an effect on her and it's not down to her skiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Just say you're having a few unexpected financial problems at the moment, and have to make cut backs on ALL luxuries, especially now it's coming up to Christmas, including hiring someone to do your cleaning. Give her a small golden handshake to send her on her way, and be done with it.

just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You could poison her and dump her body up at the hell fire club. Just out of interest, is from Romania?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

oleras wrote: »
    I had the same dilema with my chauffeur, i just said the same thing to him as i did to my personal cook.........Adios Amigo :D

Me too.

My butler has been taking the piss bigtime lately.
    Yestreday he served me my mornng tea in a mug as opposed to the finest of bone china. Would you believe it?

I'm thinking of sacking him and hiring one of these ""Monkey Butlers," I keep hearing about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Give her a ring tell her you have a contagious disease and not to come in to work until further notice. Then just get on with your life and never contact her.

She is probably taking cash in hand report her to the tax man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why do you have to sack her? Why not just tell her you're not happy with her work and if she doesn't improve then you'll have no choice but to let her go?

Instead of moaning about it on an internet forum ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why did you hire her if your friends let her go for slacking off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Binomate wrote: »
    You could poison her and dump her body up at the hell fire club. Just out of interest, is from Romania?
    Brilliant plan!

As others said .. if she's not doing her job then start there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why did you hire her if your friends let her go for slacking off?

Was going to ask the very same thing. It's hardly a glowing reference. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Perhaps this cleaner was quite the looker before she got preggers, perhaps her cleaning is actually still tip top....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd clean your gaff for 15 quid an hour. God knows it's more than I earn as an IT professional. So, er, tell her that upon review the job requires a Comp Sci diploma or equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Tell her you heard that your husband was the father of her baby, and cannot have her near you or your house call her a couple of names and demand she leave ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

"Go away"

simple & effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Poor you and your problems with the hired help.

Anyway, just tell her to get her act together or she is fired. Simple as that.

Also, Romanians go into a suitcase and then the royal canal, not the hellfire club.

Advertisement