Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet €145 off + Free delivery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I got this one yesterday from the outlet:

SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
    Inspiron 1501 (System Identifier. Z2DR5T90)
    Inspiron 1501 Sempron 3600 (2.0Ghz )
    English - Vista Home Basic

System Price EUR 361.57
    Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

Operating System: English - Vista Home Basic
    Memory: 1024MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1X1024)
    Hard Disk Drive: Hard Drive 60GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM)
    NoteBook Screen: Inspiron 1501 14.1 WXGA LCD
    Network Interface Card: European - Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Wireless Card
    CD Read-Write Drive: 24xCDRW/8xDVDComboDrive
    Software: English - Microsoft Works 8
    MISC: 65W AC Adapter
    English McAfee Security Centre 8.0 - 30 Day Trial Version
    Insprion 1501 Turion
    4 Cell 29WHr Primary battery
    Inspiron Resource DVD - Vista (Diagnostics & Drivers
    UK/Ire - (QWERTY) - Internal Keyboard

TOTAL INCL VAT & DELIVERY EUR 261.60

which is pretty good I thought... isnt it?

edit- it's for my niece who'll be (more or less) just using it for for bebo and to send free txts on meteor.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 wixy

Can you send me the link for the above?

Thats seems great value for an internet ready laptop etc..

sorry, there's no link - it was from the dell outlet store

http://www.dell.ie/outlet/belfield

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Is there a way to check the specification of an outlet machine after purchase and payment? The email order ref just says the model and cpu. I made an order a couple days ago and just wondering is there a way to check the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

I want an M1330 desperately, but it doesn't seem the outlet store says if it's gone the nvidia video card? Does anyone know off hand, have they seen an m1330 that said it had the 8400?

• Advertisement

doodio wrote: »
    I want an M1330 desperately, but it doesn't seem the outlet store says if it's gone the nvidia video card? Does anyone know off hand, have they seen an m1330 that said it had the 8400?

All the ones I checked when I was purchasing never mentioned the gfx card. Maybe they're all just the standard intel gfx.

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Is there a way to check the specification of an outlet machine after purchase and payment? The email order ref just says the model and cpu. I made an order a couple days ago and just wondering is there a way to check the full details.

I don't think so (I copied n pasted it into a txt file when I was ordering itso when it comes I'll know if the spec is what I ordered).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

All the ones I checked when I was purchasing never mentioned the gfx card. Maybe they're all just the standard intel gfx.

I assume they are standard Intel so.
    I don't think so (I copied n pasted it into a txt file when I was ordering itso when it comes I'll know if the spec is what I ordered).

I think when they process the order they send you out a spec. Its a copy of whats on the website and not 100% accurate from my past experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

I picked up a cheap XPS M1330 in the outlet recently, there's another bargain in there now:

It comes in at €760 including VAT and with the €145 discount. The only (slight) downside is that it doesn't have a LED screen. The spec:
    INSPIRON XPS M1330 (System Identifier. Z2BPM990)
    XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T7250 2.00GHz
    English - Vista Home Premium
    System Price EUR 761.51
    Operating System: English - Vista Home Premium
    Memory: 2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    Hard Disk Drive: 160GB (7200RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    NoteBook Screen: 13.3 WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife?
    CD Read-Write Drive: 8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive
    MISC: English/Irish Ship Accessories - Power Cord
    Primary 9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion Battery
    Crimson Red , 2.0 Camera for CCFL Display
    Travel Remote Control Unit
    Uk/Irish Internal Keyboard (QWERTY)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T5250 1.50GHz
    8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive
    Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM)
    2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Black 2.0 mega pixel Camera CCFL Display
    13.3 WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife
    Travel Remote Control Unit - -
    Euro Dell TrueMobile 355 internal Bluetooth Module
    Uk/Irish Internal Keyboard (QWERTY)
    Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion Battery
    Vista
    Home Premium

A lad asked me to get him one there yesterday and now he is bawking so this maybe available is anyone is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

yop wrote: »
    A lad asked me to get him one there yesterday and now he is bawking so this maybe available is anyone is looking.

Ce mheid?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Oops sorry!! :)

Sell it as I bought it lad, don't want to be lobbed with it. 2 million dollars.... but since it is Xmas, just under 740 yoyos.

Oops sorry!! :)

Sell it as I bought it lad, don't want to be lobbed with it. 2 million dollars.... but since it is Xmas, just under 740 yoyos.

Can't you just send it back to them?

Can I do that?? NEver thought of that!!! :)

And if you only ordered it yesterday than it probably hasn't even been charged to your credit card yet - just call them up and tell them you don't want it anymore. I ordered one yesterday and haven't even gotten an order confirmation from them yet - so unless they're dealing with yours particularly quickly, then it probably wont even make it onto your credit card before you cancel it.

Just got a booking reference email this morning so not sure how far along it is. Just thought if someone on here was looking one they could have it.
    No bothers, will try and cancel it.

Cause he is a "hymer and hawer". Learnt my lesson on that one. Dell are gonna cancel the order for me so happy out.

GOt a 2.0 GHZ one for myself!! Sweet :)

Anyone know what the deal is with Delivery on these? I ordered about 10 days ago and received some temporary order number. Today I finally received some Statement of Account. Does this mean it should be ready to ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

sorry, there's no link - it was from the dell outlet store

http://www.dell.ie/outlet/belfield

Isnt that a referral?

http://www.dell.ie/outlet/ seems to work fine.

I don't think it is... or if it is it isn't me who's benefitting.
    google "dell outlet" (http://www.google.ie/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-50,GGLJ:en&q=dell+outlet) and it's the first non-sponsored dell domain site.

• Advertisement

I ordered mine on Tuesday and it's already been shipped, so I should be receiving it in the next 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Delivery of mine keeps getting delayed. It was supposed to arrive today, but they mailed me yesterday saying it won't arrive until next Wednesday :(
    Anyone know what the deal is with Delivery on these? I ordered about 10 days ago and received some temporary order number. Today I finally received some Statement of Account. Does this mean it should be ready to ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Can anyone link me to a Dell deal they had the day before yesterday. You got a choice of colours of the Dell 1501 I think for free and at €582 for a dell dual core system. Can't seem to find it now....Rats

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

seems to be some good deals on the outlet site still.

Inspiron 6400 (System Identifier. EZ1XLKWW) EUR 462.66
    Inspiron 6400 Dual Core Processor T2080 (1.73GHz,1MB L2 cache, 533MHz)
    Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
    System Details
    System 1 Sub-total: EUR 462.66
    Accessories Sub-total: -EUR 145.37
    System 1 Total Price: EUR 317.29
    Price incl. VAT excl. del: EUR 383.92

Memory: 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4 Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display TrueLife
    6-cell , 53 WHr Li-Ion primary battery
    Intel Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Up to 256MB shared graphics
    No Floppy Drive
    NO SNAP COVER OPTION

I know its not high spec but the price is very low. I just can't justify changing laptops a couple of times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Delayed again. Sheesh. I thought the outlet laptops were already built?! I'd run up there and collect it myself if it's taking them a month to get a courier! I'll be lucky to have it for Christmas at this rate.

I ordered on 29 nov and still havent even got a confirmation email. Mailed them about it last week and haven't got a mail back yet either. Goinf to try and ring them today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

Cionn wrote: »
    seems to be some good deals on the outlet site still.

Inspiron 6400 (System Identifier. EZ1XLKWW) EUR 462.66
    Inspiron 6400 Dual Core Processor T2080 (1.73GHz,1MB L2 cache, 533MHz)
    Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
    System Details
    System 1 Sub-total: EUR 462.66
    Accessories Sub-total: -EUR 145.37
    System 1 Total Price: EUR 317.29
    Price incl. VAT excl. del: EUR 383.92

Memory: 1024MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4 Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display TrueLife
    6-cell , 53 WHr Li-Ion primary battery
    Intel Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Up to 256MB shared graphics
    No Floppy Drive
    NO SNAP COVER OPTION

I know its not high spec but the price is very low. I just can't justify changing laptops a couple of times a year.

Am I doing something wrong? Anytime I go to the database of systems available, the cheapest I can find are all at least 549 euros. Where is everyone finding these much better deals?! Argh:)

(For clarity, I mean I've been on Dell Outlet, but no luck finding such great prices as the above!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    Am I doing something wrong? Anytime I go to the database of systems available, the cheapest I can find are all at least 549 euros. Where is everyone finding these much better deals?! Argh:)

(For clarity, I mean I've been on Dell Outlet, but no luck finding such great prices as the above!)

the discount is applied at checkout

shnaek wrote: »
    Delayed again. Sheesh. I thought the outlet laptops were already built?! I'd run up there and collect it myself if it's taking them a month to get a courier! I'll be lucky to have it for Christmas at this rate.

Have they told you what's causing the delays? I ordered a system on Tuesday of last week and got a dispatch notification on Wednesday - it's a lot faster if you order by phone over ordering online. Plus, you have a direct line to the sales rep if there's something wrong with the order.

Having said that, even though Dell gave the system to Interlink on Wednesday, I still haven't gotten it yet! It's shown as being "Delivered" on the order status page, but unless they delivered it to some random persons house, then it hasn't been delivered yet. This isnm't the first problem I've had with Interlink either. I don't know why Dell can't just use DHL for everything and not just sending out repairs/parts.

IamBeowolf - are you clicking on the discount when you go to your basket? The €145 off isn't automatically applied - you have to select it as an "option" towards the bottom of the page in the accessories boxes. Plus, there seems to be an element of randomness to it all - sometimes there's great value, other times it's terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

mcic wrote: »
    Have they told you what's causing the delays? I ordered a system on Tuesday of last week and got a dispatch notification on Wednesday - it's a lot faster if you order by phone over ordering online. Plus, you have a direct line to the sales rep if there's something wrong with the order.

Having said that, even though Dell gave the system to Interlink on Wednesday, I still haven't gotten it yet! It's shown as being "Delivered" on the order status page, but unless they delivered it to some random persons house, then it hasn't been delivered yet. This isnm't the first problem I've had with Interlink either. I don't know why Dell can't just use DHL for everything and not just sending out repairs/parts.

IamBeowolf - are you clicking on the discount when you go to your basket? The €145 off isn't automatically applied - you have to select it as an "option" towards the bottom of the page in the accessories boxes. Plus, there seems to be an element of randomness to it all - sometimes there's great value, other times it's terrible!

Yeah I saw the discount in the upgrades dept, before checkout...however all prices quoted are ex VAT so the discount and the VAT nearly cancel each other out, if you know what I mean.

If anyone sees any deals for e300-400 please let me know, I'd really appreciate it!:)

Advertisement