Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bored with 500 euro's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

auggie2k wrote: »
    Your going to America in August... you have everything you need already and you can't bring it all with you so dammit, keep it for America... don't spend it unless you need to and it might just get you out of a sticky situation when your over there.

/ and I'm out!

but what do i do for xmas? i cant get up xmas morning, go to work, come home at 7, and have nothing to open or show for it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

but what do i do for xmas? i cant get up xmas morning, go to work, come home at 7, and have nothing to open or show for it! :P

Pay someone to work Christmas Day for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

How do you mean, you saying nobody is going to get you any presents for Christmas at all? Just because you got a Christmas present of €500, doesnt mean it has to be spend AT Christmas.

auggie2k wrote: »
    How do you mean, you saying nobody is going to get you any presents for Christmas at all? Just because you got a Christmas present of €500, doesnt mean it has to be spend AT Christmas.

you see the thing is my parents asked myself and my 3 brothers what we want for xmas.
    they wrote out a small list and parents buy random things off it for them.
    i couldn't think of anything, so they gave me the equviliant of what they got, and i buy my own this year.
    but i dont know what to get.

and since i cant think of any item to buy, i said i might do something like skydiving, or rally drive or something.

johnp wrote: »
    Pay someone to work Christmas Day for you.

i get paid triple time + 8 for xmas day. i cant turn down that much money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Donate to Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Swing by Bargain Alerts and check out the first few pages, see if you fancy anything there. :)

i get paid triple time + 8 for xmas day. i cant turn down that much money.

Clearly you can. You're someone who can't spend your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

If you REALLY don't know what to do with it, be nice and give it to charity!

i cant turn it down. its over 600 for the day. same with xmas eve and boxing day which is doubletime+1/2 +8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well there you go then, the 500 will come close to covering not working xmas day.

true.... but id still rather get or do something nice and get paid for the day. :) i can get drunk when i get home so i dont really miss a whole lot

Well then the sky dive is probably the best idea yet. I'm hoping to do my first jump in January. Once you do a solo jump first time each time after that is much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

"Cost of a Tandem Skydive
    A Tandem Skydive costs €320 per person"

"Cost of a Tandem Skydive
    A Tandem Skydive costs €320 per person"

I've looked into this and I would recommend a tandem if you just want to do a once off sky dive but a solo if you plan on doing it more then once.

Solo jump all the time. I did it and it was absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Whoah there buddy.
    eek! hotel room is lookin at about 100 yoyo's for the night!!!
    Tsk.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184923

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Convert it all into fivers, hop into your best suit and then walk around town stopping at non-national beggers to go "look at all this money here! Guess what, I don't even NEED it. Plus I have two legs."

Terry wrote: »

ah yeah thats a night on the piss... cant spend it on that!
    ok, ive decided!! finally an end to this onslaught of idea's. ( most being coke and hookers! )

im gonna do the skydive.
    im gonna ring skydiveireland again tomorrow and book it. hopefully ill get a break in the weather and get a good day to do it on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

What about saving a few quid?
    Just jump of a building,you could give the rest of the money to charity.

davejones wrote: »
    What about saving a few quid?
    Just jump of a building,you could give the rest of the money to charity.

Base jumping is probably just as expensive of sky diving and I don't know of anywhere to do it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

tuxy wrote: »
    Base jumping is probably just as expensive of sky diving and I don't know of anywhere to do it in Ireland.
    I don't think that's what he was implying.

However, i'm a charity. no. 12345.
    You may have recieved some of my stickers in your door.
    PH: 0851234567 for details.

i dont like mess.

i dont think i could imagine leaving a horrible mess on the path below. unless it was a valid reason. like taking out a family of skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

i dont like mess.

i dont think i could imagine leaving a horrible mess on the path below. unless it was a valid reason. like taking out a family of skangers.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Take up online poker. Please.

Take up online poker. Please.

i play online poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

How about some heads-up 1/2nl , €500 v €500 b'n'm game - everyone on boards spectating ;-D but I'm game for online too..
    Nothing to lose
    Everything to gain
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

god lord. Where do you work that is paying you that much to work over christmas? wish I had that job!

• Advertisement

i work in security for a pharmacatuical company.
    triple time + 8 is more or less standard for xmas day.

Advertisement