Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are women habitual liars?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

girls-are-evil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I wear make-up because I like the way you can suit your mood with different colours. Innocent and girlie? All natural. Predatory? Smoky eyeliner... etc

I don't wear padded bras except for when it's cold because, well - obvious reasons - and even then they're only lightly padded.

My hair's all natural and I'm really crap at doing anything with it..

And I wear high heels because otherwise no-one would spot me all the way down here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

:eek:
    I don't wear fake tan
    I don't spend ages styling my hair everyday
    I hardly ever wear make up
    I hardly ever wear high heels

Marry me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

LadyJ wrote: »
    However I reckon that even when women do "dress to impress", they do it so that men will notice them

G'way a that.

Girls, we men copped on centuries ago that youse do it to try and out-do the other wimmin. It's not for our benefit at all. And we're well aware of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I don't wear make-up etc during the week but If im going out at the weekend or going somewhere nice then I will put in a bit of effort!! There's nothing wrong with wanting to look more attractive whether it's for yourself, your partner or the opposite sex in general! It feels good to feel attractive...
    You men are just jealous because there is nothing out there to "improve" your looks, if your ugly then tough s***t! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

listen OP, they do it because guys like you respond to it. If guys looked on a woman with her boobs hanging under each armpit the same way they do a woman with her cleavage below her chin they wouldn't need to make as much effort as they do.

Plus, not many woman can pull off not wearing make up or doing their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

*Lees* wrote: »
    I don't wear make-up etc during the week but If im going out at the weekend or going somewhere nice then I will put in a bit of effort!! There's nothing wrong with wanting to look more attractive whether it's for yourself, your partner or the opposite sex in general! It feels good to feel attractive...
    You men are just jealous because there is nothing out there to "improve" your looks, if your ugly then tough s***t! :p

Obviously you have not heard about the new range of makeup for men called "money" it has been known to make ugly men seem unbelievably attractive to even the most beautiful women in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

True, but looks is all they have.
    They're basically egg-laying machines. ( Hence the term "hen-night" when they're about to get married )

Forgive the pun but that 'cracked' me up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

And not only was she 10 years older than she let on, those long legs were stilts, and the Mediterranean complexion? nothing but a sloppily applied coat of Ronseal, i finished up, put back on my leather pants and left cursing my social ineptitude ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

Think about it, before you even speak to a woman how much of what you see can you trust?

-High heels - not that tall
    -Fake tan - not that dark
    -make up - not that pretty
    -push-up bra - not that amply bosomed
    -fake nails, fake eyelashes, dyed hair

and lets not even start on the possibility of cosmetic surgery!

How can we men trust anyone who's told about 5, if not more, lies, before they open their mouths!!! Help me out!

eeuuuuuww what type of wimmins do you go for!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Rob_l wrote: »
    Obviously you have not heard about the new range of makeup for men called "money" it has been known to make ugly men seem unbelievably attractive to even the most beautiful women in the world.

It's funny because it's true... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Think about it, before you even speak to a woman how much of what you see can you trust?

-High heels - not that tall
    -Fake tan - not that dark
    -make up - not that pretty
    -push-up bra - not that amply bosomed
    -fake nails, fake eyelashes, dyed hair

and lets not even start on the possibility of cosmetic surgery!

How can we men trust anyone who's told about 5, if not more, lies, before they open their mouths!!! Help me out!

If a man doesn't like those things and can't spot four of them - five for observant men - before the woman even opens her beak, then he's not really all that bright, now is he? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

But are the men here as handsome as their avatars and as sexeh as their post counts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mordeth wrote: »
    yes, because you are so insecure you don't think you're good enough as you are

that's pretty pathetic

Really well it is hard to ignore the bombardment from several billion euro industries who thrive of telling people ( mostly women ) that they are not good enough as they are.

Heels are not just to do with height, they change the body shape through posture, from the calf muscles to the carriage and gait of the person wearing them from even to how they hold thier head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

simu wrote:
    But are the men here as handsome as their avatars and as sexeh as their post counts?
    Probably. Maybe that's where the problem lies!

I like playing with makeup (it's really quite fun).But frankly, make-up is work. There's the putting it on, the maintaining it, the taking it off - and waterproof mascara never comes off properly. I usually do my eyes up if I'm was going out for the night. I love green base, it really does cover up red cheeks, but who could be bothered with it most of the time? Respect to the people who bother with it every day, but I have far better things to do with my time, like sleep. I knew a girl in college who got up three hours before she had to leave for college so she had time to do her hair and put on her face every day. God love her, her skin was wrecked because she never let it breathe, and she was always shattered because she never got a proper night's sleep. That's suffering, as far as I'm concerned.

High heels do make legs look good though. Men should wear them too. The best legs I've ever seen in a pair of heels were a mans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

simu wrote: »
    Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: My post count is directly related to my obesity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Really well it is hard to ignore the bombardment from several billion euro industries who thrive of telling people ( mostly women ) that they are not good enough as they are.
    Same bastids who keep trying to convince us that somehow we're not healthy and need medication for it. Lying sacks of horsepoop that they are.:mad: (don't appreciate them taking advantage of the gullable and giving others excuses to blame all their problems on make-believe illnesses)
    Thaedydal wrote:
    Heels are not just to do with height, they change the body shape through posture, from the calf muscles to the carriage and gait of the person wearing them from even to how they hold thier head.
    And make the girls topple over on cobblestone pavements like in temple bar.:D (it's entirely self inflicted so it's ok to laugh)
    Last I'd heard though they were bad for the calf muscles and the spine due to forcing both into un-natural positions.
    simu wrote: »
    *gasp* No-one is as handsome as Grrr, don't even suggest such things! :p
    Blush_01 wrote: »
    but who could be bothered with it most of the time? Respect to the people who bother with it every day, but I have far better things to do with my time, like sleep.
    Good for you. :)
    Blush_01 wrote:
    I knew a girl in college who got up three hours before she had to leave for college so she had time to do her hair and put on her face every day. God love her, her skin was wrecked because she never let it breathe
    This is something the make-up & fake tan addicts tend to forget, they're plastering on these harsh products to hide, what they feel to be, hideous skin and as a result only exacerbate the problem, and so have to use even more of the harsh products to hide the even worse skin....
    I mean what's the point of washing your faces daily if you're only going to slap on a load of pore clogging dirt (the make-up) to start the day anyway?:confused:
    Blush_01 wrote:
    High heels do make legs look good though. Men should wear them too. The best legs I've ever seen in a pair of heels were a mans.
    What is it with women trying to get men to turn into women....:confused:
    Same thing everytime a lad I knew even hinted at going in drag for a fancy dress, every girl was suddenly planning out his nails and make-up picking out what clothes of hers he could wear, etc.... Know you'd all love a lifesize barbie doll but this always seemed a little too enthusiastic.
    I blame women like this for the whole metrosexual (pansy-girly-men) movement that often seems to result in complaints about the men spending more time getting ready than the women.
    Be careful what you nag for women, you just might get it.:p

Advertisement