Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are women habitual liars?

Options
  • 19-11-2007 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Think about it, before you even speak to a woman how much of what you see can you trust?

-High heels - not that tall
    -Fake tan - not that dark
    -make up - not that pretty
    -push-up bra - not that amply bosomed
    -fake nails, fake eyelashes, dyed hair

and lets not even start on the possibility of cosmetic surgery!

How can we men trust anyone who's told about 5, if not more, lies, before they open their mouths!!! Help me out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Found out the one you took home from the club wasn't the pick of the bunch when she took her clothes off did we?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay single and leave the lying wenches to the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well most women seem to be deluded into believing their supposed to look like photoshopped images in magazines so they go out and photoshop themselves.

Its a little more expensive and painful in real life though I imagine.

BTW, you could probably say the same for men. Men shave to appear more attractive to the opposite sex when if they didn't they'd be much hairier and they use anti-perspirant and deodorant to change the way they smell. They use hair gel to cover up that their hair looks like crap in the morning too.

God aren't men awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Statso wrote: »
    Found out the one you took home from the club wasn't the pick of the bunch when she took her clothes off did we?

Only when I'm too drunk to notice the difference! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I prefer my women au naturalle with little bit of makeup to enhance the good looks.

I don't mind the fake eyelashes/nails thing, i think it brings style. High heels on a girl is classy, enhances the wiggling of the bosom :D

What i do hate is the dyed blond hair look which has been widespread since the 80s, FFS girls it makes you alot worse looking, ye are making yersleves look ugly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Think about it, before you even speak to a woman how much of what you see can you trust?

How can we men trust anyone who's told about 5, if not more, lies, before they open their mouths!!! Help me out!

Would you prefer we go around in trainers, wearing no bra so our boobs are likely to go in any direction, no make-up - pale and looking tired, possibly bitten nails and nasty looking mop of hair and as white as a ghost? Jesus, at least women make an effort. What the hell, she looks like sh*t but at least she's honest!?!?!

All of the above means a woman is prepared to put an effort in, proud of her appearance, eager to please.....amongst other things. Haha, must be horrible for a guy though to meet a girl who he thinks is perfect, gorgeous tits, long legs, sun-kissed skin, beautiful well-groomed hair, nice long nails, pretty face......who's not all that good looking/tall/amply bosomed in reality, bring her home, sh*g her and wake up in the morning to a short, chubby, ugly, droopy/flat boobed minger with no nails, bags under her eyes, blotchy fake tan and unruly hair! I'd say some lads get the shock of their lives but in saying that.....how many of ye don't have that morning sh*g when the girls true looks have been discovered?! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

methinks the lady doth protest too much

(always wanted to use that in an argument)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Would you prefer we go around in trainers, wearing no bra so our boobs are likely to go in any direction

Highlight of the post ;)

A good looking girl doesn't need all those embellishments, an ugly girl does. I get bras keeping the boobs from goin everywhere, but no need to make a b cup look like a d, its just not fair on us lads to be that disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Women are habitual liars and they thrive from it.

• Advertisement

ian_m wrote: »
    Women are habitual liars and they thrive from it.

Interesting theory... do go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thought you'd be used to Oompa-Loompas out there in Blackrock, loike?

Not your ornery onager

Bloody oompa loompas! The only use I can possibly think of for them (other than chocolate factory workers obviously) is marry one and live off her daddy's money.

Live the dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

A good looking girl doesn't need all those embellishments, an ugly girl does. I get bras keeping the boobs from goin everywhere, but no need to make a b cup look like a d, its just not fair on us lads to be that disappointed!

Ahah! But, a good looking girl can always look better with a bit of work. As can a good looking guy! Ok, there are the very few natural stunners (both male and female) like myself ;) who need to do very little but still, not many girls look good in flat shoes/without their hair done and not many guys look good without a bit of a shave etc.

I had a friend out with me on Friday night and she has little or no boobs to fill a bra with. I ended up with ONE of her VERY well padded bra's in my hand-bag for the night as when it was time for her to go home with her (reasonably new) boyfriend she ran into the ladies and whipped off one of the bra's so he wouldn't know :D I have to admit, even as a female, I didn't know bra's came THAT padded, it must have been nearly an inch thick - MASIVE padding! :eek: That must be annoying for lads! haha - but it's great the way we can trick them all the same ;)

I never had a problem with pale girls, i don't know what the whole tan is about.
    Pale Irish women are perfect without the makeup methinks.

Ahah! But, a good looking girl can always look better with a bit of work. As can a good looking guy! Ok, there are the very few natural stunners (both male and female) who need to do very little but still, not many girls look good in flat shoes/without their hair done and not many guys look good without a bit of a shave etc.

Its a fair point about shaving and such, and the high heels (but I'm short so it makes girls my height seem taller - grrrr!!:D) and doing your hair in a style is hardly that fake, but caking yourself in make up is a different story. So many girls look totally different when they get dressed up. Thats what I'm not into
    I had a friend out with me n Friday night and she has little or no boobs to fill a bra with. I ended up with ONE of her VERY well padded bra's in my hand-bag for the night as when it was time for her to go home with her (reasonably new) boyfriend she ran into the ladies and whipped off one of the bra's so he wouldn't know :D I have to admit, even as a female, I didn't know bra's came THAT padded, it must have been nearly an inch thick - MASIVE padding! :eek: That must be annoying for lads! haha - but it's great the way we can trick them all the same ;)

Did she have the padded bra on when she first met the guy???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this is exactly why men beat women...

Did she have the padded bra on when she first met the guy???

"Did that girl just deflate?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Mordeth wrote: »
    this is exactly why men beat women...

This post made the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

kowloon wrote: »
    I never had a problem with pale girls, i don't know what the whole tan is about.
    Absolutely agree.

As long as they're brunettes or dark haired women. Pale women with Goldilocks not to the same degree. A Ginge that's a paler & clammier shade of Tilda Swinton? That would be a firm Nyet Igor.

I'd lock mine in a light deprivation dungeon if she ever fell for the tacky tan fad. Ivory skin is more feminine/youthful looking than that scaly outer lizard sheath that falsely tinted women seem to think is a mate magnet. Mediterraneans have a more natural olive complexion that enhances their looks. Irish women don't have it and never will. So accentuate the natural girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

just head a quote on the radio: "a man's face is his autobiography, a woman's face is her work of fiction"

Apt for this thread methinks:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

brim4brim wrote: »
    Men shave to appear more attractive to the opposite sex when if they didn't they'd be much hairier and they use anti-perspirant and deodorant to change the way they smell. They use hair gel to cover up that their hair looks like crap in the morning too.

Ha! I have little facial hair and only shave every 3/4 days; I hate the chemical stench of deodorants and never use them, just soap for me; and I've never used hair gel in me life, I just comb it and get a trim every 6 weeks or so. Perhaps this makes me more honest than most. Which is more attractive to you in a man, honesty or preening self-absorbed wankery?

And then youse wonder why you keep ending up with asshole boyfriends :rolleyes:
    kowloon wrote: »

+1. Irish women look stupid with fake tans. They don't seem to realise Irish skin isn't meant to tan, and it just looks wrong. Plus those girls who lie on sunbeds 3 times a week to get a "real" :rolleyes: tan have horrible scaly lizard skin by the time they're 30. Take the hint girls, Irish wimmins are not meant to have tans!

As for bottle blondes: yes girls, it is completely obvious; yes it does look stupid; no, actually most men prefer brunettes. Just stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dalfiatach wrote: »
    As for bottle blondes: yes girls, it is completely obvious; yes it does look stupid; no, actually most men prefer brunettes. Just stop it.

The blonde is more shagging material. As in, shag em and leave em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

brim4brim wrote: »
    BTW, you could probably say the same for men. Men shave to appear more attractive to the opposite sex when if they didn't they'd be much hairier and they use anti-perspirant and deodorant to change the way they smell. They use hair gel to cover up that their hair looks like crap in the morning too.

God aren't men awful!
    Shaving - just makes scrubbing away the dead skin easier as I hate the feeling of dried out dead skin!
    Anti-perpirant - hate the stuff, just use deodourant as I really hate the smell of my own stale sweat, yay cold winters!
    Hair gel - don't really use this, only hair products I bother much with are shampoo and conditioner.

I would have to agree though that women waste too much time on all these pointless lies since sooner or later you're going to cop on to each and every one and if you really cared you'll be gone then, so if it's to impress the lads then it's but a stopgap in getting & keeping a lad. As such I can only hope there's some other reason, but to be honest when they don't stick to wearing all these in their own homes as much as they do when out I doubt very much that it's for their own good that they wear them (think about girls who have to put on makeup just to go to the shops yet it could be 5pm and they got through the rest of the day at home without any makeup).
    Throw in the case that, from what I've seen, the majority of Irish women haven't a clue how to wear makeup and instead cake the stuff on like an 'It' the clown mask so they can hide behind it instead of just using it to draw attention to their best features and that fake tans tend to be easy to spot at best, oompahloompah at worst, and it really does all just seem so daft to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

True, but looks is all they have.
    They're basically egg-laying machines. ( Hence the term "hen-night" when they're about to get married )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

uberpixie wrote: »
    "a man's face is his autobiography, a woman's face is her work of fiction"
    I will be using that one.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I get bras keeping the boobs from goin everywhere, but no need to make a b cup look like a d, its just not fair on us lads to be that disappointed!
    Why do you need big knockers to keep you happy? Miss your mammy do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I find all that really strange, its obvious heels are making a girl look taller as you can quite clearly see that!! As for make up, tan, fake eyelashers and nails that is fairly obvious if you look too so really its not lying at all.

Its not lying just emphasing their good points. After all make up can't make an unattractive woman beautiful, it will really only make them look worse.

Theres an awful lot of fellas who coming across as really bitter, are you jealous that women can use all this stuff and you can't?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its also a mistake to think that women do all these things for the sake of men when the majority of the time we really do it for our own well being. I really couldn't care less if people think I look too made up or am towering over the blokes!!! I feel good and thats all that matters.

Advertisement