Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are women habitual liars?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Lux23 wrote: »
    Its also a mistake to think that women do all these things for the sake of men when the majority of the time we really do it for our own well being. I really couldn't care less if people think I look too made up or am towering over the blokes!!! I feel good and thats all that matters.

But what about it makes you feel good?

by the way this thread is bullcrap if they didn't try to look pretty there would be a thread about ugly asss skanks dont even bother to look nice.

and a thread like this wouldn't be complete without the obligatory hamlet pronouncement on women
    "I have heard of your paintings too, well enough; God
    has given you one face, and you make yourselves
    another: you jig, you amble, and you lisp and
    nick-name God's creatures, and make your wantonness
    your ignorance."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Rob_l wrote: »
    But what about it makes you feel good?

I don't know. Its just something that women love to do and we have been since we discovered mirrors. All the little rituals just make me feel confident and at ease with facing the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yes, because you are so insecure you don't think you're good enough as you are

that's pretty pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I don't know. Its just something that women love to do and we have been since we discovered mirrors. All the little rituals just make me feel confident and at ease with facing the day.

Which does make it sound like you are relying upon hiding behind the mask to deal with the rest of the world, that your make-up is your water wings for the pool outside the door of your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Chris Rock talks about this, and concludes that men lie the most, but women tell the biggest lies:

You know what a man's lie is like?
    A man's lie is like, ''l was at Tony's house."
    "l'm at Kenny's house.'' That's a man's lie.
    A women's lie is like, ''lt's your baby.''

We've all heard that one.

-''lt don't even look like me.''
    -''Oh, he's got your hat.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think irish boys should start wearing high heels and fake tan and make up.

Short, ugly, pale, acne ridden - irish boys in a nutshell*

*yeah, I'm not a model either.

Women dress alike all over the world: they dress to be annoying to other women.
    -- Elsa Schiaparelli

Im not going to jump on the bandwagon here and start abusing women
    we all know outwardly appearance is very important and not just in women

Would you trust a doctor who wore a shell suit every day
    a lawyer who looked scruffy

biko wrote: »
    I think irish boys should start wearing high heels and fake tan and make up.

Short, ugly, pale, acne ridden - irish boys in a nutshell*

*yeah, I'm not a model either.

So we're ugly as sin, at least we don't lie about it with cosmetics and such, the woman knows full well that the children will probably have faces not even a mother could love, whereas when a man meets an apparently attractive who knows what her original face is and what the likelihood of little troglodyte kids being the future spawn.:p

yeah, the thread isn't about bitching at wqomen because they're ugly.. it's about bitching at them because they're lieing about being good looking.

totally different.

Mordeth wrote: »
    yeah, the thread isn't about bitching at wqomen because they're ugly.. it's about bitching at them because they're lieing about being good looking.

totally different.

they didn't lie you just didn't look good enough
    its liek the way you find a diamond ina lump of coal
    or some other such useless analogy

• Advertisement

Rob_l wrote: »
    they didn't lie you just didn't look good enough
    its liek the way you find a diamond ina lump of coal
    or some other such useless analogy

You have it the wrong way around, in this case it's more akin to hauling all your gold down the mountain to find out that not all that glitters is gold (horay for iron pyrite).:rolleyes:

yes, because you are so insecure you don't think you're good enough as you are

that's pretty pathetic

You could look at it like but I for one know that most men would use all these embellishments if it were socially acceptable. Thats isn't the least bit pathetic, its called humanity!!

But your opinion simply doesn't matter to me, do you get that?

You could look at it like but I for one know that most men would use all these embellishments if it were socially acceptable. Thats isn't the least bit pathetic, its called humanity!!
    Thankfully I am not most men so, and I know many others who have no problem with being rather scruffy, so I'd imagine that they wouldn't bother with such either. So don't worry ladies, there are still some real men hidden among the metrosexuals.:p

*scratches the face he hasn't shaved in 3 months*

yep, I wish it was socially acceptable to shave this dirty thing. I just want to be beautiful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Feck those lying skanks, come on guys lets all have sex with each other instead, that'll show 'm!

*scratches the face he hasn't shaved in 3 months*

yep, I wish it was socially acceptable to shave this dirty thing. I just want to be beautiful :(

Have you started using it to stockpile foodstuffs yet? If not I know some lads that are worse than you.

azezil wrote: »
    Feck those lying skanks, come on guys lets all have sex with each other instead, that'll show 'm!

You'd do anything just to see a lesbian kiss:rolleyes:... you do know there are DVDs you can buy of this kinda stuff, you don't have to resort to any rampant gay sex to see such these days?:p

food no, but I do store some milk droplets in there and when I'm too lazy to go to the fridge I just suck on the beard.

Ah yes... the minefield that is cornflakes in milk when you have a beard...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

:eek:
    I don't wear fake tan
    I don't spend ages styling my hair everyday
    I hardly ever wear make up
    I hardly ever wear high heels

OH NOES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    I had a friend out with me on Friday night and she has little or no boobs to fill a bra with. I ended up with ONE of her VERY well padded bra's in my hand-bag for the night as when it was time for her to go home with her (reasonably new) boyfriend she ran into the ladies and whipped off one of the bra's so he wouldn't know :D I have to admit, even as a female, I didn't know bra's came THAT padded, it must have been nearly an inch thick - MASIVE padding! :eek: That must be annoying for lads! haha - but it's great the way we can trick them all the same ;)

It's called a 'wonder bra' due to the fact that when a man removes one he's
    left wondering where the 'cleavage' has gone. There are plenty of women
    out there that should be done for false advertising.

• Advertisement

I don't wear fake tan

OH NOES!

Your hardly a woman at all then:eek:
    :D

I don't wear a wonderbra as im a 34 FF so I really don't need any more up front but its really amazing how big they make a small pair of boobs look.

I can understand how a bloke would find that disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I know, it's shockin'
    At least I don't need any help in the boob department :D
    Sure if I compared myself to the fake tanned, make up put on with a trowel women that look like they take two hours just to get ready for work/college I wouldn't feel feminine at all!

I don't wear fake tan

OH NOES!

Eh? But, but, that must mean you're a real person!:eek:
    Real people on the intarweb, what next, pft!:(
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I reckon women dress up in high heals, makeup etc to feel pretty. It's nice to dress up. We don't do it to lie to men. I don't get dressed every morning with the intention of attracting a man....

However I reckon that even when women do "dress to impress", they do it so that men will notice them, thus increasing their chances of men speking to them and getting to know them. Looks attract initially but attractiveness is more than just looks so looking good is like the bait I suppose... like the way a lot of men pretend to be nice when you first meet them, in the hope that you'll then ride them. After that they might not be so chivilrous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Jeebus, so much hate.where's the love children? I love dem wummins!!!

Jeebus, so much hate.where's the love children? I love dem wummins!!!

Love children? You getting the ladies stoned so you can hit on them again?;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

im a 34 FF
    Pics?

DesF wrote: »
    Pics?

Yea just give me a minute to take a decent picture.

• Advertisement

Yea just give me a minute to take a decent picture.

We have waited patiently and this pic hasn't been forthcoming.

This proves all women are liars

lock the thread now we have a conclusion:D:D

Advertisement