Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs remind you of a good time in your life.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Biffy Clyro-Living is a Problem Cos Everything Dies

Qotsa-If Only
    After hearing this song live last summer, after never thinking they'd play it, it was just a great moment of the festival.

The Who-Baba O' Riley
    Grewat song, always makes me bounce around. Then Pearl Jam played it last summer, and Josh Homme sang some of it. Cemented that song into the greatest live music moment ever anyway.

AC/DC-Thunderstruck
    Always on in UCD bar. Just sitting round with mates, everyone loves it.

QOTSA-Go with the Flow
    Cousins garage, all of us just playing it, cousin and mate on guitar, other mate on bass, me on drums. Great times.

Even though the lyrics may not reflect it, a lot stuff by Weezer makes me happy, especially the song where it goes "Do you believe what I sing now?". Its just a great song, as is a lot of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

God, I can listen to my iPod, and every song (over 6000), brings up a memory, of a time listening to it. A lot of them are of something mundane, like of sitting on a bus, or something, but I think it's funny how music can make you recall things so well.

Smells and tastes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

ADCD - Thunderstruck
    George Michael - Freedom 90
    Mariah Carey - Vision of Love
    ....reminds me of college as one of them was always on MTV in the college canteen.

MC Hammer - Have you seen her
    .... reminds me of unrequited love, and of a young, much more "naive" me.

Primal Scream - All of "Screamadelica"
    Massive Attack - All of "Blue Lines"
    Stereo MCs - Connected
    ....all remind me of a time of "wild adventures" in my young life :D

Enigma - All of their 1st album
    ...reminds me of very "mellow" house parties with candles, incense, and other general - uh - mellowness.

Whigfield - Saturday Night.
    D-ream - Things can only get better.
    ....remind me of frustration at ****ing it up on the romance front.

Guns n Roses - November Rain,
    Makes me think of somebody very troubled. It was her favorite song and the tragedy of the song seemed to fit her perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"Touch" from the original Transformers movie, (animated), I think it was by spectre general.

It's originally by Stan Bush (or DirkDiggler/ReedRothchild depending on what you believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

cazzy wrote: »
    So Im here listening to 102.2fm and a song comes on, I havent heard it for ages, years. It reminded me of the summer I spent in New Jersey on J1 in 96.
    Whats your good memory song?

Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. Also reminded me of a summer I spent in NJ on a J1 in 1993. A lot of memories over recent weeks. Rosemary and Sister by Lenny Kravitz also bring back memories from this time.

Come on Eileen - the first record I ever bought. Used to love playing it for my mates, and they'd hear all the strings at the start and go "What the hell is this"? and 10 seconds later we'd all be going mad.

The Lonesome Boatman - The Fureys
    Absolutely love this song. So haunting. Brings me back to the days when I first started drinking and we'd hit he same pub every week for a trad session. I used to get very emotional if I heard this song with a few pints on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

rez by underworld, packet of peace by lionrock?, higher state of conciousness by josh wink,remixes of i feel love by donna summer, swamp thing by the grid, perfect motion by sunscreen.......all bring me back to the metroland and the roxy and messy messy nights
    the drugs dont work by the verve...... reminds me of seeing them in slane and the drugs did work
    chasing cars by snow patrol....... reminds me of her, she'd have it on in the car non stop, she loved that whole album
    dignity by deacon blue....... her again
    that dre track with the lines i just wanna fu(k bad bitches, for all the nights i never had bitches........i stayed in a hostel in berri in australia and we'd all sit around listenin to this drinking too much wine and smokin ourselves into a fragile state
    crime in the city by kojak........... a different crowd in a different hostel in oz and stronger grass. the same fragile state though
    shine on u crazy diamond by pink floyd..........an ex from years back used to have it on always when we were in bed. one night the house she was sharing was being robbed and we were too busy gettin busy to notice. the robber chap walked in on top of us and all i told him was that the toilet was the first on the right. thought it was her housemates fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Common People, Come away with me and oddly enough, Smack my bitch up.

Advertisement