Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs remind you of a good time in your life.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

'Under Pressure' - Queen and David Bowie. Reminds me of a few years ago after a particularly great night out in Galway with friends. We woke on Sunday morning and were driving into town to go for lunchtime pints with this song on. Good times.

'Autumn Sweater' - Yo La Tengo. This will always remind me of the girl who introduced me to Yo La Tengo when I was in college. Great song - even better girl. Sadly she lives in another country now but the song always makes me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

wish you were here--- by incubus, reminds me of the summer before last happy happy times when i didnt have a care in the world, then i got a job and all i do is worry:eek:!!! and the lyrics for it are brillant always makes me smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Golden Brown by The Stranglers reminds me alot of someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

watna wrote: »
    Maniac 2000 by Mark McCabe. it reminds of being 16 and in transition year in school. Happy happy times!

Lol, ever go to The Cricket?!

3 Drives - Greece 2000,
    Reminds me of my teenage days and holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The prodigy-Charlie
    Happy mondays (all pills thrills and bellyaches)
    The wonderstuff, welcome to the cheap seats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go West-Call Me, good times and painful too as well. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff - Tick Tick BOOM! Just reminds me of having mad craic as a kid. And later Men In Black.

Slight Return by The Bluetones reminds me of (not) doing my homework in secondary school and instead watching Top 30 Hits on Network 2, can't remember what year. Funny thing is, I was recently typing up stuff for my thesis and it came on the radio, seemed like a "look at me now" moment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Megadeth - Train of Consuquences, always brings me back to a really hot day in France walking around an air conditioned shopping centre about 5 years. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

INXS - Devil Inside

This brings back my teenage years. Fantastic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Ocean Colour Scene - Riverboat Song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kings of Leon - Milk

Reminds me of my honeymoon

EDIT: oh also

White Zombie - More human than human

Reminds me of my roadtrip around Canada with my now wife and 2 other great friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

'You just might see me cry ' by Our Kid reminds me of being with the irish army on the border ,my soldier mate was forever singing it .Also around the same time ' Torn between two lovers ' by mary Mcgregor because my other friend got a letter from girlfriend saying she was seeing sombody else as well as him and couldent make her mind up who she wanted to be with ' .

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Gold Lion-Yeah Yeah Yeah's

And for some reason Toxic by Britney Spears(Summer 2004-what a summer!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Scorpions - Wind Of Change. It was always one of my favourite songs since I was about 5, which is the age I wish I still was :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Nights in white satin, Moody blues.
    First love n all that

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

those three cranberries songs, dreams linger and zombies. They were always played when i was a kid in my house. Under the boardwalk by the drifters too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Whenever I hear 'No Doubt', 'Don't Speak', it brings me back to my early teens.
    It sounds a bit sad, but I was so hopeful then, and so positive about the future.I truly believed that anyone could be whatever they wanted to be, they only had to want it badly enough. That song makes me smile at my teenage self because I remember learning all the lyrics off by heart, and convincing myself that I could really relate to what was being said :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Oasis - Whatever, Wish you were here Pink Floyd - remind me of college

Alanis M - reminds me of working in america

Robbie Williams - Millenium reminds me of when I was working in London in late 90's and it was on the radio all the time when I first arrived

Celine Dion - if you love me like this ... bla bla bla reminds me of the time when i was working part time in Dunnes in college - disliked both dunnes and celine dion. At that time dunnes had bout 10 tracks on a cd which they played over and over and over ........ not fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

David Bowie - Heroes - reminds of sitting on the Berlin Wall and dreaming of my girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Green Day - Waiting
    Perfectly seemed to sum up how I was feeling when I started going out with my first gf... I happened to be listening to the song a lot at the time as well, which adds a nice synchronicity to that memory!

Other songs that just seem to trigger fond memories and general nostalgic wistfulness, for various reasons:
    Pulp - Disco 2000
    Sugarcult - Bouncing off the Walls
    Bloc Party - I Still Remember
    Blur - Parklife
    Practically anything by Madness
    Velvet Revolver - Loving the Alien
    ...loads more to boot, might post em up if they come back to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

I just called to say I love you - Stevie Wonder

Ah the days of being young and carefree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Boo Radleys - Wake up boo

reminds me of goin to the park on saturdays to play football when I was about 8 or 9. Always seemed to be sunny too. Ah good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WumSB0vZ5l8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile - skate boarding as a kid.

Rolling stones - Honkey Tonk Woman - I played this one night in a bar in Spain with two mad French guys.. place went wild and we had about 250 people singing along..

Marvin Gaye - Heard it through the grape vine - Drinking in dingey bars in Ireland and America.

Stereophonics - Dakota - Came out around the time I met my current girlfriend, and when I gave up some.. bad habits.

Leonard Cohen - So long Marianne - My parents used to invite loads of musicians round when I was young, and I remember falling asleep to them all singing this song.

The Animals - House of the rising sun - My dad.

Chris Isaac - Wicked game - Driving home in the middle of the night. Driving when there is no one else around is very relaxing.

Guns N' Roses - Estranged - Just generally growing up.. great song... I suppose it is relatively unknown.

I's say there are thousands more.

TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

"Touch" from the original Transformers movie, (animated), I think it was by spectre general.

Whenever I think of that song the entire sequence where Prime announces that "Megatron must be stopped...no matter the cost" replays itself in my head.

And then I am invincible! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

All that she want - Ace of Base.

Remember singing this on the bus in 5th class with the whole class on a trip to Athlone. 2 hour drive back home, but just can remember various ppl in my class singing and my teacher smiling.

The Only Way is up

One of the first times I can remember a song being number 1 and watching it on Top of the Pops

Live Forever

Remember watching Liam sitting on the chair on the wall on ITV. Couldn't get over his voice. He couldn't get over the wall :D
    Didn't really listen to Oasis properly until Some Might Say. Fav band now after the Beatles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

All of Nevermind and Metallica's Black Album.

I remember being in England with the Scouts and getting properly into music for the first time. Great summer that was.

This Mary J Blige song.
    Let's get it crunk, we gonna' have fun
    Up on in this dancery
    We got ya open, now ya floatin'
    So you gots to dance for me
    Don't need no hateration, holleratin'
    In this dancery
    Let's get it percolatin', while you're waiting
    So just dance for me

I was in love with a girl who I worked with, and whenever we'd hit a club after work, this would come on and we'd dance together.

Pity it turned out all nasty, but that song was our song.

Ocean Colour Scene's Get Blown Away. This is one of my favourite songs ever, and the summer I first heard that. I had just called in for my best friend, and he had the album playing. I'll never forget the first time I heard the guitar playing that real high note.

I always cry when they play this song at concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Good Topic....

Wow I have so many, main ones are probably

Mylo - In My Arms, reminds me of being sprawled out on the grass in Marlay Park on a really Sunny dat before the Basement Jaax concert.

Queen - Don't Stop Me now, brings back memories (more like flashbacks) of dancing like an absolute fool to it in a nightclub Kilkenny with my best mate, both of us laughing our heads off.

Dj Wickeds version of Maniac brings back good memories too, of my bringing in the new year with my boyfriend for the first time in 04.

Faithless - God is a DJ, reminds me of when they played in Dublin Castle and it was P***ing rain and it was just amazing.

All those happy memories have put me in a belter of a mood now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

DesF wrote: »
    All of Nevermind and Metallica's Black Album.

I remember being in England with the Scouts and getting properly into music for the first time. Great summer that was.

This Mary J Blige song.

Is mad that you mention that Mary J Blige song, I never knew the lyrics to the feckin thing.

I always thought she was saying "That skin is percolating".:/ :)
    Regarding the Black album, first time I heard it was on camp with the scouts in County Kerry. It also sparked a big interest for me in all things musical.
    Almost 15 years later and Im teaching music part time.Thank you Metallica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

2Pac - I Get Around and To Live and die in LA

Cruising around amsterdam smokin joints in a limo full of friends on a hot summers day. Best 5 days of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

DarkJager wrote: »
    2Pac - I Get Around and To Live and die in LA

Cruising around amsterdam smokin joints in a limo full of friends on a hot summers day. Best 5 days of my life.

You keep your hoes in check?
    All respect if so.

Advertisement