Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, I had always suspected there'd be nothing in it, but now I know. Guess I'm just going to be pimping them even more now :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Now you're just copying me :p That looks lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

boycey wrote: »
    New Bacchus in the house:)

http://imageevent.com/nu2uguitars/2008modelbacchusjapandukelpsunburs

Havent got round to taking any photo's of my own yet, been too busy playing:D

Lovely. Whats that gallery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Lovely, congrats

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. STOP WITH THE FCUKIN GAS INDUCING POSTS!

Boycey. Congratulations man, that is real nice. Don't forget to give us aa AB against the Gibson you gladly sold to get this guitar :pac:

Actually, I'd like to AB it against my Fujigen.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Thanks lads. Im well chuffed with it, it sounds as good as it looks, but its the way it feels thats the real revelation. The best guitar Ive owned so far, thats for sure. Its built to an extremely high standard and is a pleasure to play- basically all the stuff Quattroste and DocJ have been telling us for yonks!!
    I really liked the Gibson I just sold, sounded great, but in a straight up A/B test I dont think too many of you would be going home with the Gibson (pains me to say that, Im a sucker for the aul Gibbo's). They're really not in the same league.
    By the way- €1062 all in from Switzerland- no duties or customs were charged.

Feylya- lets just say great minds think alike- those two guitars could be twins!! A straight up a/b test will be done for sure. Yours is lovely - very 'classic' Les Paul.
    BostonB- thats the sellers gallery- nu2uguitars in Switzerland.

How does the neck compare to the oiled one, size and with a finish on it?

basically all the stuff Quattroste and DocJ have been telling us for yonks!!

It's all the Doc's fault, I'd never heard of Bacchus before he started ranting on about them. :p

Having the GAS attack of my life for another one too. I have to get rid of something to justify it though, and I don't want to get rid of anything! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Quattroste wrote: »
    I don't want to get rid of anything! :mad:

That is the toughest thing about a GAS attack. I miss my Hellraiser :(

Edit: Oh Boycey, congrats.

Looking like my Tokai ES100 is going to have to go. This was my first purchase that really started the whole gear buying and selling thing. Least played guitar but I can't fault it either. Only bad side is its bit heavy for a semi but has the most wonderful neck. Fcuk!

Thats a tough call Quattroste, its never nice letting a good guitar go!! You should get a good price for the Tokai though. BTW what are you gassing for?

Doc- feels pretty much the same size wise, its a nice fat manly neck. BUT the oil finish is definitely nicer on the hand. I was all set to go for an oil finish but that sunburst kept calling to me. I actually thought to myself last night that the oil finish with p90's is almost different enough to justify owning one of each. Now theres a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Lovely guitars Boycey and Fey. I got a new Les Paul today, albeit only an Epiphone, I tried to take some photos there but I'm gonna have to wait until there's some natural light. The most horrible thing is not being able to touch it until christmas, I had a wee go of it there but couldn't turn it up at all. I should get pics of it tomorrow

Thats a tough call Quattroste, its never nice letting a good guitar go!! You should get a good price for the Tokai though. BTW what are you gassing for?

GAS has been satisfied. Now the wait. Funnilly enough, it's for another Bacchus. Pics up when it arrives and all that stuff.

This is further proof though, that getting together for a gear fest yokey thing is seriously bad for your pocket/marrige/job/kids/life :pac:

Linkey no workey!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Squirrel wrote: »
    Got this yesterday up in Belfast

Pics were working for me, I think you have to login to Bebo to see them.

Very nice guitar indeed. Love white les pauls. What did you make of the guitar shops up there?

Profile was private earlier. There's something about white Les Paul's that's just wrong enough to be right :D

Yeah was private earlier, fixed that. The shop I bought it off, Matchetts Music were very helpful I found. They couldn't do anything on the price, as it had just been reduced £20 from last week, so £389 I got it for. Works out as in or around €485-490 so I'm delighted. €499 on thomann.
    There's something about white Les Paul's that's just wrong enough to be right

I don't look as much a tosser as I had thought I would holding it, I should play some Manics. Nothing as quality as yours fey, or Boycey's, but my first real electric guitar, after my Behringer beginners guitar of the last year and a half.

Good call on the Manics. Epiphones are nice enough for starting out on and there's plenty of parts available if you want to upgrade them. Just make sure to get a wide padded strap for it, just to save your back/shoulder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

but my first real electric guitar, after my Behringer beginners guitar of the last year and a half.
    Congrats man, enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I don't look as much a tosser as I had thought I would holding it, I should play some Manics. Nothing as quality as yours fey, or Boycey's, but my first real electric guitar, after my Behringer beginners guitar of the last year and a half.

All the best with it!
    This is where it begins my friend, another year and a half God knows what you'll be playin' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Congrats! :) Give it a few months and you'll have the GAS bug again! :P

I already have a hankering for an amp. I'll stick with my Vox AD30 for now I suppose, until I can afford some GAS, stupid petrol taking most of my money.

I'll try take some shots of the Les Paul, the amp and my Epiphone Dove tomorrow.
    Just make sure to get a wide padded strap for it, just to save your back/shoulder
    I was playing it for about an hour with my strap that I never had a problem with on the Behringer, I'll be going for a well padded strap after that, and strap locks, I've never been so nervous about dropping anything in my life.

Nice one Squirrel. Enjoy that Epiphone, may she serve you well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'm sure the Epi will serve you well, Squirrel. I've had my Sheraton for four years now and I wouldn't even consider getting rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavasoft

fish-head wrote: »
    I'm sure the Epi will serve you well, Squirrel. I've had my Sheraton for four years now and I wouldn't even consider getting rid of it.

I've had sheraton for about 7/8 years they are a lovely guitar, only let down by weak electrics. although I've never changed mine.

:mad: A MONTH AGO! and were only seeing pics now!

Nice guitar lavasoft. I prey that I never get to hold a goldtop as I know what that would do to my GAS gland.

Man I do love goldtops. Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavasoft

Quattroste wrote: »
    :mad: A MONTH AGO! and were only seeing pics now!

sorry but I don't work in I.T. and it has taken me this long to figure out how to get the pics up, there,s more guitar pics to come but I don't know when.

There are some beautiful sticks on this thread I really like the bacchus strat on first page and I don't really go for that type of guitar but it is cool:cool:

Advertisement