Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Doc, lovely collection but did you sell your hotwire :O?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know, I know, i had said i wanted maple...but when i saw this i just couldn't let it go for under 800 delivered Up yours Mr.taxman. Yup, my bridge is flat to the body, just the way i like it, and they even provided extra springs if i want a tighter feel.
    The back is contoured at the neck!, it's the sexiest part of it i think, that and the way it plays...words cannot describe it really, i've never had a guitar that plays so well straight out of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Lovely stuff Alan, congrats! How many Bacchus's is that on boards now?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Patricide wrote: »
    Doc, lovely collection but did you sell your hotwire :O?

No, the Hotwire has gone back to Germany, there's an issue they need to attend to but it'll be back. The black Bacchus 5 ain't pictured either.

I was just feeling love for the 4's that day :P

Alan, beeeeeeeeeeeautiful! Let me know how those pickups are, I have that same model, albeit different colour, high on the get-list.

Quattroste, that's their tweaked strat body, kinda like the basses, it's a bit smaller than the traditional size with extra contouring and the likes.

under 800 delivered

:D That is a result!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

DAMN that's a sexy lookin' guitar! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Is that a blackburst finish? Very nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That is a tasty burger guitar! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is that a blackburst finish? Very nice!

Aye, blackburst. It sounds so sweet too, really great, not as bright as my current strat, but not too dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Very nice Alan, I'd be hard pushed to pick that or Quattroste's lovely white one. Both are very cool looking strats.

BTW- a question for you and Ste- do they come wired as standard - ie no tone control for the bridge p'up -or are the middle and bridge controlled from the same tone pot? (the way every strat should be imo)

• Advertisement

Thanks!
    Well, mine is the G-Player, so it's Bacchus's take on the strat, so non traditional wiring. It's got on master tone pot ( the one down from the volume ) which is wired to all pickups, not just the neck and middle. The second "tone pot", is actually a blend pot, which depending on the p-up selector position blends in other pickups, eg, at the bridge position, when the blend pot is at 1 it has a telecastereque selection (neck and Bridge) when the pot is at 10 it's just the standard bridge. Sorta confusing! But awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Mine's standard Strat tone controls! :cool: although the G Studio has Volume, Tone and Mid boost but thats SSH configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Cool bass, shame its backwards.......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

GOD DAMM!!!! I REALLY have to get a play of your gear, so much unusual stuff!! How does she sound?

Interesting. Is that not blowing the **** out of the P pickup?

Patricide wrote: »
    GOD DAMM!!!! I REALLY have to get a play of your gear, so much unusual stuff!! How does she sound?
    Definatly man, we gotta sort something out! Sound's real good, bright, clear, loud, suprisingly good on the low notes.
    Doctor J wrote: »
    Interesting. Is that not blowing the **** out of the P pickup?
    Not at all, I've not got it set too high, and the P pickup was fairly hot and loud to begin with.

One of the main reasons I done it was for better harmonics, with the trem of course.
    It is more powerful than the P, even set medium high, but I've started setting the amp for light od on the P pickup, and when I kick this in it coes crazy distorted.
    They do blend, suprisingly well.

Darkstrike wrote: »
    My P-bass got an upgrade this week!

A DiMarzio X2N-7!:eek:
    X2N-7Mods8.jpg

Optima Gold? :pac:

Dord wrote: »
    Optima Gold? :pac:
    Oooohhhhhh yeah!:cool:

Problem is, you've ruined my life, I love these strings, they feel like nothing other, look and sound great!

Any idea where I'd be able to buy 'em in bulk, or by the box, cheaper than buying one by one?

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Oooohhhhhh yeah!:cool:

Problem is, you've ruined my life, I love these strings, they feel like nothing other, look and sound great!

Any idea where I'd be able to buy 'em in bulk, or by the box, cheaper than buying one by one?

:D

Sorry about that... :p

You're buying from Saitenkatalog.de I take it??
    I'm not sure if the site has a bulk discount... but for orders over 100euro there's no shipping fee.

Dord wrote: »
    :D

Sorry about that... :p

You're buying from Saitenkatalog.de I take it??
    I'm not sure if the site has a bulk discount... but for orders over 100euro there's no shipping fee.
    I got them as part of the Thomain order, I'll have to check out Saitenkatalog.

A bulk deal would help me out a lot, I've got 12 basses, another on the way, and hopefully one from X Music in a month. A lot of gold!:D

• Advertisement

Oh... Thomann is more expensive! SaitenKatalog has the whole Optima range... all of them. Great service, it generally takes about 2 or 3 days max for them to get here. :)

I just checked, 7 bucks diffrent, per pack that mounts up, I'll have to order some!:cool:

Geez, you can't even get regular string for that price here.:(

Shipping is cheaper too. :)

I find the biggest problem here is consistency, you get into using the same string pack and then go to get them again and no where has them. It pisses me off. :mad:

Gotta agree there dude, I was stuck without my usual's there for a month recently sucked.

Can only get a set of TI's in the third quarter of the second season, on a leap year, if there's a full moon. :(

Damn' they even have 'em in super long scale, I'll be wantin' them too! :D

I use these ones.... Optima 2319 LS Gold Strings ML. :)

I've been using these ones,
    http://saitenkatalog.de/shop1/product_info.php?products_id=14551&osCsid=k4727f7j4bn4tsrhikim6kl3fd5rmm6c

Does it make a difference between the gold pack and the black pack, besides guage.

The link isn't working...

I haven't noticed any difference in the packs, it's just a different inlay they have in the plastic casing. Most of the packs I've gotten have the black cover but one or two had the yellow picture with the bass. The 2319 pack is the 45-105 set.

Strange, works perfect for me, its the
    Optima 2299 LS Gold Strings RL

.045 .060 .080 .100 - set / E-Bass
    - Long Scale 34" (88cm)

set anyway, in the gold pack, its cool to know I can buy the black without fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Nicccccce! Gonna need more pictures though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Jaaaaysus ! Thats something alright !

Advertisement