Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nahguavkire

Nice RGT, those things have sweet necks :) And you've painted on a rising sun graphic? definitely post some close-ups when you get a chance..

Yeah they've got great necks, only bought it 'cause I wanted the Floyd but I really do like that guitar. The rising sun isn't painted though, it's a stain, which I think looks a lot cooler as you still get all the grains coming through it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

oooh nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Wait a minute... is that a mere Prestige in the middle? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Doctor J wrote: »
    Wait a minute... is that a mere Prestige in the middle? :pac:
    Havent you heard? Economic downturn, have to tighten the belt-buckles :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

They is damn fine voodoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Havent you heard? Economic downturn, have to tighten the belt-buckles :pac: ;)

LOL :D

They are so nice.

VERY NICE! :eek:

What pickups & electronics are in it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Aye, that'll do donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Been playing the trading game recently...

sadowsky.jpg

Nice! :D

thats a wee cracker!

• Advertisement

Dord wrote: »
    VERY NICE! :eek:

What pickups & electronics are in it?
    Sadowsky humcancelling and the regular Sadowsky pre with the VTC. The layout is Vol-Blend-VTC-Bass and Treble boost on a concentric knob

I will never understand, however, why they wire the blend so that when you twist it towards the neck you get the bridge pickup and vice versa.

Got a D-Tuner on it too. That's a handy little bugger, it really is.

I likes it a lot :D

Sadowsky humcancelling and the regular Sadowsky pre with the VTC. The layout is Vol-Blend-VTC-Bass and Treble boost on a concentric knob

I will never understand, however, why they wire the blend so that when you twist it towards the neck you get the bridge pickup and vice versa.

Got a D-Tuner on it too. That's a handy little bugger, it really is.

I likes it a lot :D

Nice! That sounds a little odd alright, on my Audere preamp you turn towards the bridge for the bridge pickup and towards the neck for the neck pickup. It's just logical to do it that way. :pac:

Maybe the pot is wired wrong?

I'd love to check out one of those D tuners, might be cool to have one on my Jazz. :cool:
    When you drop it down does it shift much off the note?

Maybe the pot is wired wrong?

I'd love to check out one of those D tuners, might be cool to have one on my Jazz. :cool:
    When you drop it down does it shift much off the note?

Nope, that's how Sadowsky have always wired them, it's actually a custom option to have them wired the "normal" way. I'll probably switch it myself though, I'll give it a week or two to see if something I'm missing out on clicks.

There's a small thumbscrew where you can adjust how much it detunes when you engage it. Essentially you tune it to E, for example, engage the D-tuner and use the thumb screw to tune it to D or whatever note you want to detune to and that's it. It's spot on after that. You can see the little lever just above the nut there, flick that and instantly go from standard to dropped tuning accurately.

Nope, that's how Sadowsky have always wired them, it's actually a custom option to have them wired the "normal" way. I'll probably switch it myself though, I'll give it a week or two to see if something I'm missing out on clicks.

There's a small thumbscrew where you can adjust how much it detunes when you engage it. Essentially you tune it to E, for example, engage the D-tuner and use the thumb screw to tune it to D or whatever note you want to detune to and that's it. It's spot on after that. You can see the little lever just above the nut there, flick that and instantly go from standard to dropped tuning accurately.

So it's an accidental feature? Hmm... I'd put it back to normal tbh, it'd just piss me off otherwise.

The D tuner sounds cool. You'll have to bring the bass along to one of these meet-ups if they ever happen. :rolleyes: :p

So it's an accidental feature? Hmm... I'd put it back to normal tbh, it'd just piss me off otherwise.

The D tuner sounds cool. You'll have to bring the bass along to one of these meet-ups if they ever happen. :rolleyes: :p

If you want one to happen, make one happen, that's the entire point ;)

I don't think the pan is accidental, I recall Roger Sadowsky explaining it on talkbass at one point, can't remember what he said though and I'm too lazy to search for it :P

Aye, lots of new gear arriving. Time for another meet up :p

Yeah, shouldn't you be ordering something? ;)

Na, can't afford another guitar at the moment...

Sweet child O yours!

Tasteful! :)

• Advertisement

And look, no EMG's in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

What kinda guitar is that? Tokai, another ran? i cant make it out.

Another Fujigen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Gearfest 08 part 2, bring it on and this time you better be there. That's real nice Fey and kinda chocolaty ;)

Sunday 31st August? :p

feylya wrote: »
    Sunday 31st August? :p

Sounds good, but I think Gearwh0re Fest '08 Part II might be a better name! :D

Congrats on the Fujigen LP! Sure looks nice. :cool:

I just tuned it up there after lunch and had a bit of a play. I declare this to be a rather fine instrument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

So Doc... Sadowsky or Bacchus?! :p

Parsley wrote: »
    So Doc... Sadowsky or Bacchus?! :p
    It's a fair question. In terms of tone, build quality, playability, they're about equal, honestly. In terms of price, you can get two Bacchus' for the price of one Sadowsky.

Great basses both! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

That's very interesting! I've some stuff on the way soon, I'll post pics when it gets here! :)

Advertisement