Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Sexy gear man!! Thats some collection you got there!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah man, the JH-3 is gorgeous. Good job you don't have a KH-4 or we'd be having words :pac:

feylya wrote: »
    Ah man, the JH-3 is gorgeous. Good job you don't have a KH-4 or we'd be having words :pac:
    Is that not a kh4 above it no???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

No. That's a KH-2. KH-3 is the weird Les Paul kinda thing. KH-4 is the KH-2 with a MOP pickguard. Simple addition but there's something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Cheers dudes, yeah looking back now, the KH-4 would be my preference over the KH-2 as well but I think it was more expensive or discontinued at the time? Not sure though. But yeah, the JH-3 is sweet, sometimes I'm not too sure of the styling but then I play it and all is good. It's one of those rare purchases that justifies itself by actually increasing in value. There's mentallers on ESP message boards that offer $5k+ for them so if I ever need to buy a (cheap) kidney....

• Advertisement

Ah, yea could u not just throw one on after market though. I do agree though that it really does give it that extra oomph, same with the rob arnold signiture esp, the pickguard really sets it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Nice collection there Mr.Fuego.
    Now don't you be gettin' any silly ideas about that there sparkleplorer.
    Sparkles + Explorer = Cheesey = :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Sparkles + Explorer = Cheesey = :cool:

+1 Cheesey cool all the way :D

D.

Wow, this is like a cheese support group. To think, I thought twice about actually posting the beast. I feel reassured now, thanks fellas.

• Advertisement

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    To think, I thought twice about actually posting the beast.
    Tut! Tut! Shame on you :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Even the cases are drool worthy. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Very nice collection G-Man and very well kept. The Tokai looks sweet what are the specs on that and how does it sound/play?

Quattroste wrote: »
    Very nice collection G-Man and very well kept. The Tokai looks sweet what are the specs on that and how does it sound/play?
    Yea i second that with the tokai, thats prob the nicest looking firebird ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

:eek:

G_man, we're gonna have to have a serious chat about this! :p

What happened to that Cali Strat?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Hi Ancient1, the Cali strat was taken off the market by the owner on the day I was to collect it.:(

Here are the tokai specs as taken from an ebay ad:

Tokai FB45 Firebird candy apple red
    This is a Korean made Gibson Firebird with Alder body, with a set in maple neck, and Tokai's authentic sounding MHB-1 pickups, 2 volume and 2 tone pots with 3 way switch. It has 22 frets with a deep chunky neck, and a white 3 ply scratchplate with a red firebird logo. This Tokai FB45 Firebird comes in a Candy Apple Red finish with gold hardware.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220197750202&ih=012&category=112670&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

I got mine in beat it music in dundalk, cost me a good bit more than that link:eek:, but I was able to trade my Roland keyboard module for it so it evened out a bit.

I find the firebird to be handy for mixing between strat and LP tones, yet it's farily neck heavy. Not something I personally mind, but I only got a light bag cover when I bought it, and it swung every which way unless you carried it with both hands. The case it's in now is from thomann:
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/rockcase_bc_rich_warlock_git_case_10721.htm

In the first pic of the firebird you can see the extra accessory for the case which you place around your guitar where needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

i love the 1st guitar it looks great...

The Gibson Studio Les Paul I picked up from chrisguitars, the pics somehow don't do justice to how much it shines. And the ebony fretboard is a bonus, could never justify the price of a LP custom after this guitar came along.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Wanna swap lives G-Man?

Talk us through the three after the firebird. I 've never seen anything quite like them. What are all those dials on the blue one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shanob

i love the ibanez with maple fretboard ,which model is it ??
    i have a 3270m which is up there with my favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I feckin love that Ibanez and I know where you live now :pac:

Voodoo, What model is it? and if you ever come across one of them for sale let me know.

Yeah, that Ibanez looks shit-hot alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

shanob wrote: »
    i have a 3270m which is up there with my favourites
    The black one is it? Its the pics thread, post some pics!:pac:
    Quattroste wrote: »
    Voodoo, What model is it? and if you ever come across one of them for sale let me know.
    Its the RG-ART1, and will do, give you a shout if I spot one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Sweet collection g-man, love the hollowbodies! :D

And Voodoo ever though about starting a modelling agency! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sweet. I love that Caparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

shanob wrote: »
    i love the ibanez with maple fretboard ,which model is it ??...

That is nice.

Damn, we're gonna need a load more pics, there's a whole heap of beauties crying out to be snapped right there, and potentially one or more too!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I want that Epi Sorrento!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

cheers lads,i'll take some more shots on friday,hopefully the sun is out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Nice RGT, those things have sweet necks :) And you've painted on a rising sun graphic? definitely post some close-ups when you get a chance..

Advertisement