Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rolls at lunchtime

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

NeMiSiS wrote: »
    The sensible thing to do when they are putting many ingredients in would be to cut V in the roll rather than just cut it in half.

TK

exactley!!,my local deli has three very good roll/sandwich makers who will cut the roll along one side and gently place the fillings in to the V in the roll . unfortunately there is also a girl working there who doesnt believe in the benefits of using knives in her job and just rips the roll in two before shoveling the filling on to one side and loosely reataching the two sides of the roll . have a guess which one of the four i usually get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

monkey9 wrote: »
    And another thing, why is that when paying for these things or anything else in Spar or Centra etc, they always say "Next please!"
    Yeak, i know how the queue system works buddy. I know i'm next. I'm standing in front of you, putting the stuff onto the counter. I know it's petty, but i can't help it. It's even got to the stage where i'm ready to get there before i can say it.
    Oh gawd, don't get me started on this!! I hate customers who come up to me before I've called them! Especially when I'm starving and trying to leave to go on my break but people keep popping up in front of me... and then get pissed off when I tell them I can't serve them. :mad:

But yeah, finding somebody who makes a sandwich the way you like it is very rare. There's a new girl in the spar beside where I work who puts the mayo on in big blobs, doesn't spread it out - just throws everything on top. So when I take a bite, I either get a mouthful of mayo or none at all. Grr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I ****in hate peoplewho order rolls and sandwiches in poxy delis!!"can i have a bit of this and a bit of that and a bit!"PISS OFF And eat some proper food AND there's people behind you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Degsy wrote: »
    I ****in hate peoplewho order rolls and sandwiches in poxy delis!!"can i have a bit of this and a bit of that and a bit!"PISS OFF And eat some proper food AND there's people behind you!!

RIGHT ON! Damn people who buy sandwiches in sandwich shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cookiebliss

worked in a spar deli afew summers back and would definitly never work in deli again. tbh i think i was good at the job but some of the customers were unbelievable. was really quite funny and sometimes i couldnt help but laugh. i used to hate when customers would tell you one by one what they wanted on roll and then when it is made they would say 'oh and mayonaisse!' would end up trying to spread mayonaisse over grated cheese and lettuce. messy.:rolleyes: also when people order wraps and ask for lots of things....then its impossible to close the wrap and they blame you for it being messy. some memorable regulars included a girl who everyday got a roll with nothing on it but LOADS of brown sauce:eek: also a guy who came in everyday and asked for a 'sprinkle' of coleslaw on his roll. always tried hard not to laugh at that one:D ended up leaving as one regular woman customer called me a b*tch for not getting her order right (she ordered a toasted sambo....sambo was not toasted...simple matter of putting sambo in sambo toasting machine!) anyway it was an interesting experience to say the least. (Esp with all the builders trying to flirt with you....hilarious. you wouldnt believe the amount of times iv heard this. "would you like any sauce on your breakfast roll?" Builder: 'no thanks, i'm saucy enough':rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

worked in a spar deli afew summers back and would definitly never work in deli again. tbh i think i was good at the job but some of the customers were unbelievable. was really quite funny and sometimes i couldnt help but laugh. i used to hate when customers would tell you one by one what they wanted on roll and then when it is made they would say 'oh and mayonaisse!' would end up trying to spread mayonaisse over grated cheese and lettuce. messy.:rolleyes: also when people order wraps and ask for lots of things....then its impossible to close the wrap and they blame you for it being messy. some memorable regulars included a girl who everyday got a roll with nothing on it but LOADS of brown sauce:eek: also a guy who came in everyday and asked for a 'sprinkle' of coleslaw on his roll. always tried hard not to laugh at that one:D ended up leaving as one regular woman customer called me a b*tch for not getting her order right (she ordered a toasted sambo....sambo was not toasted...simple matter of putting sambo in sambo toasting machine!) anyway it was an interesting experience to say the least. (Esp with all the builders trying to flirt with you....hilarious. you wouldnt believe the amount of times iv heard this. "would you like any sauce on your breakfast roll?" Builder: 'no thanks, i'm saucy enough':rolleyes:

Sandwich-eating scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

monkey9 wrote: »
    "Tuna please........and boiled egg.....no sorry, not onions. Boiled egg"
    "You not ask for onions?"
    "No, i said boiled egg"
    "Anything else?"
    "Yeah, a little bit of lettuce please", at which point they plonk a handful of the stuff onto the roll. Then another bit for good luck. They don't even push it filling in, they just wrap it up. And you can see the wrap go into the roll so when you unwrap it, lots of it will fall out. I once had a roll where the lettuce kept falling off everytime i lowered the wrapping so i didn't get any of it. I mean, maybe it was my fault. I probably should have told them that i didnt want the lettuce as a side salad, but that i actually wanted it in the roll.
    . . . . .
    Or if getting a chicken fillet baquette. I only want a little ketchup, but they just squirt it in. So i ask for the roll buttered, then ketchup before asking for the ingrediants. And i hate it when it made, they turn around and say "do you want ketchup and mayo on that??" "What are you talking about?? I asked for ketchup at the start of the process.

Eh is nobody else HORRIFIED by the most disgusting contents of a roll EVER???

Tuna and BOILED EGGS?! Good god :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hate it when they put the red sauce on top and then wrap, what the **** do you think will happen when I open it?
    They also charge me wrong a lot of the time. If I get a roll with eggmayo in i they put tuna/egg roll on it, wtf, where is the tuna?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Sueme, that is so very boring. Six months eating the same type of sandwich, every morning? Sweet jesus...

We have a deli in work. Yesterday I got a sandwich and asked for it to be toasted. She went to put it in the microwave(Not the first time this has happened with her). I asked her to put it in the panini machine instead.

She did so, I moved to the register and gave her the money. She goes off to serve other people and returns two minutes later and the following takes place...

Her: Are you okay?
    Me: Em, yes, just waiting for my sandwich *points at machine*
    Her: Is it done enough for you?
    Me: I have no idea, I'm not making it.

She proceeded to fetch my sandwich.

Weird.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

True Story
    So I went into the local sandwich shop and asked the woman behind the counter for two tuna, lettuce and cheese sandwiches to which she replied what would you like on the first one:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

This thread has made me hungey, what time do delis open. Statoils is 24h but not the best, I dont care i'm hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

ye

but , i just had a sexy roll there

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Does anyone else always seem to get the one person behind the deli counter that is really bad a making rolls! would you like butter? yes a small bit please! 5 tubs later and she is still layering it on! grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Good thread as I was only thinking about this. My experience with rolls in spar is that one particular girl will be really mean with the fillings so I try and avoid her, another girl, much more generous with fillings.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Spicy Tuna roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Good thread as I was only thinking about this. My experience with rolls in spar is that one particular girl will be really mean with the fillings so I try and avoid her, another girl, much more generous with fillings.

Out of interest is there much of a physical difference between the two of them? I just have a theory on the generosity of said purveyors of fine food...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'm interested in what you actually order? Or do you get to the front and just go really red faced and angry looking and tell them they work in poxy deli then walk out feeling tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

....eh what ? You hate people who order sandwiches & rolls in delis... Are you insane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

TJJP wrote: »
    Out of interest is there much of a physical difference between the two of them? I just have a theory on the generosity of said purveyors of fine food...

:D the girl that gives the better portions is actually very good looking and certainly better looking than girl who is mean with portions.

Advertisement