Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shes my best friend(YUCK!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Pighead wrote: »
    Who was your closest friend before you met your wife? Is he/she now your second closest friend? Will they be elevated to closest if you and your good lady should ever part ways? So many questions, so little time.

my good friends are all equal. i just prefer having sex with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

my good friends are all equal. i just prefer having sex with one of them.
    Ah so its a sex thing that elevates your partner to favourite friend status. Fair enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah my wife is my best friend. Lets be honest, 90% of marriage/partnership isn't sex, so you need to be able to get along with the person for the rest of the time you're living with them. We share the same taste in music, movies, traveling...etc, I also was in a long distance relationship with her for 5 years so I had plenty of time to become best friends with her before we got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I also was in a long distance relationship with her for 5 years so I had plenty of time to become best friends with her before we got married.
    Does not compute! :confused:

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Does not compute! :confused:
    He probably means he had to talk to her back then.On the phone every night doing the whole "No you hang up schnukums" routine.

Apparently when couples get married and start living with each other, they stop speaking. Perhaps long distance marriages are the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He probably means he had to talk to her back then.On the phone every night doing the whole "No you hang up schnukums" routine.
    Well he done well not to resent her for having to pay for 5 years worth of, "So what did you see on the bus today?" international phonecalls.

But either way, it's a strange way to build a friendship let alone a best friendship.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pighead was at a wedding last week and all was going well until the groom stood up to make his speech. "I'd like to thank my family blah blah blah etc etc.....but most of all I'd like to thank this beautiful lady beside me today who not only is my wife but my best friend also"

Pighead almost choked upon his glass of Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti wine when he heard that bit. Best friend? You've oinly known the girl for 3 years ya big eejit. And what a kick in the balls to your best man who had just finished his speech waxing lyrical about how they'd always been best friends down through the years.

It was like the groom was saying "Yeah thinks buddy for sticking by me through thick and thin over the past 27 years but I've got a chick now so I've demoted you to role of Assistant Best Friend. What a load of poppycock. Even if he had of called his wife his best fcukfriend things wouldn't have been so bad but for Pighead what the groom said was tantamount to treachery.

Ah, I roflcopter'd :D

Pighead sir, have you a blog? Such a pleasure to read :)

Well how long has Pighead known said traitorous bastard? To be fair, 'Wife' is a whole new level of comfort and intimacy, is it not?

Of course we aren't including the time Pighead and Traitor got drunk in a field... such things Pighead will take to the grave :o

could be worse: I was at a wedding where the Best Man referred to the lovely couple arbitrarily (and quite seriously) as Jim and Joe for half the Speech. Their names where Clodagh and Jeremy :p and the man wasnt even drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My cousin was at a wedding the other week up north where the groom and his mates decided they would hole themselves up in the bridal sweet and get absolutely pissed all night. They barricaded the door and drank the mini bar dry leaving the poor bride stranded outside. She slept in a friends room then left first thing the next morning.

Remember folks, bros before hoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

'Our parents helped us in every way, our friends encouraged us, and my girlfriend was a dream! There was only one thing bothering me and that was her younger sister. My prospective sister-in-law was twenty years of age, wore tight mini skirts and low cut blouses. She would regularly bend down when quite near me and I got many a pleasant view of her underwear. It had to be deliberate. She never did it when she was near anyone else. One day little sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived. She whispered to me that soon I was to be married, and she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome and didn't really want to overcome. She told me that she wanted to make love to me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister. I was in total shock and couldn't say a word.She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want to come up and get me." I was stunned. I was frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. When she reached the top she pulled down her panties and threw them down the stairs at me. I stood there for a moment, then turned and went straight to the front door. I opened the door and stepped out of the house. I walked straight towards my car. My future father-in-law was standing outside. With tears in his eyes he hugged me and said, "We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family." The moral of this story is: Always keep your condoms in your car. ` :D

Sub-moral - things arent always as they seem.

So I suspect the following

Pighead's mate and Pighead's mate's best friend know that the average human female married brain is programmed to eliminate all perceived human threats to her position as number one interest and occupier of time of her man. So reducing the perceived threatness of the enemy is bestest all round. Its a question of what she doesnt know wont hurt her.

Pighead's mate's best friend undoubtedly took the hit for his one true friend by writing the speech for Pighead's mate and thus killing one bird with 2 stoners, phrasing it, knowing she will hang on every word, so that Pighead's mate would enjoy the shags of his life for at least a few months yet and guaranteeing that fuzzy happy feeling in Pigheads mates wifey for way longer than the customary 6 weeks and so not question Pighead's mates frequent trips abroad and late nights in the office, when he's actually down de pub or away on booze cruises with his realest bestest matey. Just like the old times.
    Bestest Fiends Forever.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

He probably means...

yeah that's what i meant. Due to the long distance there was a lot more letter writing and long phone calls to get to know each other. If we didn't have a lot in common and wheren't compatible as best friends the relationships wouldn't of worked long distance as physicality was completely removed from it for long periods of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Was pighead the best man?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Also, for the record, yes, she is my "best" friend. Been friends with her for 6 years, going out with each other for the last 4.:)

Wait, are you my boyfriend? :p

Seriously though, my boyfriend is my best friend, has been since we met, but he also has other good friends, as do I, so I suppose you could say I'm one of his best friends, and he's one of mine. (But I'm his most useful friend! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Man's best friend is a dog
    when I search for the above I get this site http://www.mansbf.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Pighead was at a wedding last week and all was going well until the groom stood up to make his speech. "I'd like to thank my family blah blah blah etc etc.....but most of all I'd like to thank this beautiful lady beside me today who not only is my wife but my best friend also"

Pighead almost choked upon his glass of Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti wine when he heard that bit. Best friend? You've oinly known the girl for 3 years ya big eejit. And what a kick in the balls to your best man who had just finished his speech waxing lyrical about how they'd always been best friends down through the years.

It was like the groom was saying "Yeah thinks buddy for sticking by me through thick and thin over the past 27 years but I've got a chick now so I've demoted you to role of Assistant Best Friend. What a load of poppycock. Even if he had of called his wife his best fcukfriend things wouldn't have been so bad but for Pighead what the groom said was tantamount to treachery.

Pighead will understand when Pighead falls in love.

dame wrote: »
    Pighead will understand when Pighead falls in love.
    No offence dame, Pigheads sure you're a lovely girl and everything but c'mon you're a young lady in your mid 20's and you're throwing out "pearls of wisdom" akin to a 70 year old woman who's been there done that bought the t-shirt.

Pighead only listens to advice from old chicks like Beruthial, his mother and Judge Judy. Don't worry about this incident though. Pighead still sees you as an internet pal and feels we can put this whole sorry mess behind us. No point in dwelling etc etc.

Ah so its a sex thing that elevates your partner to favourite friend status. Fair enough so.

no. im not sure which part of what i write you are unable to read, but i think it may be the best which says i dont have a 'best' friends. that would also go for favourable friends as well.

truely i wait with baited breath for you to tell mesomething else i didnt say.

no. im not sure which part of what i write you are unable to read, but i think it may be the best which says i dont have a 'best' friends. that would also go for favourable friends as well.

truely i wait with baited breath for you to tell mesomething else i didnt say.
    Pighead senses some sarcasm and some rolly eyes vibe off that last line WWM. Some would call it cutting.

Anyway Pighead has formed the opinion (rightly or wrongly) that your wife is your best friend. You maintain you don't have a best friend yet the quote below would suggest that out of all your friends your wife is your favourite one.
    wwman has many friends, but the one he loves spending most of his time with is his wife :)
    sorry pighead.

Favourite/Best are kinda similar in Pigheads world hence his previous post. Think its the word "Best" that is causing problems here.

we are certainly the best of friends :)

perhaps youre right. im just not one for catagorising things. and the use of the term 'best friend' smacks of adolecence.
    its like having a favourite band, or favourite song.

there are lots of bands i lvoe listening to, and some i listen to more than others. there are songs i listen to when im in different moods. are they favourites? no, they are just songs i like.

perhaps that analogy makes me a little bit more easy to understand. at the same time, lease dont think that i would reduce my wife to a mood song or an oft listen to band :)
    but if she was, shed be that annoying tune that gets into your head and wont go away. like tha na na na song that kylie minogue does. except tis there. day after day. after day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

we are certainly the best of friends :)

perhaps youre right. im just not one for catagorising things. and the use of the term 'best friend' smacks of adolecence.
    its like having a favourite band, or favourite song.

there are lots of bands i lvoe listening to, and some i listen to more than others. there are songs i listen to when im in different moods. are they favourites? no, they are just songs i like.

perhaps that analogy makes me a little bit more easy to understand. at the same time, lease dont think that i would reduce my wife to a mood song or an oft listen to band :)
    but if she was, shed be that annoying tune that gets into your head and wont go away. like tha na na na song that kylie minogue does. except tis there. day after day. after day ;)
    Wouold the term "Close frineds" be more appealing to you?

Advertisement