Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shes my best friend(YUCK!)

Options
  • 13-11-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead was at a wedding last week and all was going well until the groom stood up to make his speech. "I'd like to thank my family blah blah blah etc etc.....but most of all I'd like to thank this beautiful lady beside me today who not only is my wife but my best friend also"

Pighead almost choked upon his glass of Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti wine when he heard that bit. Best friend? You've oinly known the girl for 3 years ya big eejit. And what a kick in the balls to your best man who had just finished his speech waxing lyrical about how they'd always been best friends down through the years.

It was like the groom was saying "Yeah thinks buddy for sticking by me through thick and thin over the past 27 years but I've got a chick now so I've demoted you to role of Assistant Best Friend. What a load of poppycock. Even if he had of called his wife his best fcukfriend things wouldn't have been so bad but for Pighead what the groom said was tantamount to treachery.

Is your partner your best friend 133 votes

Of course. Anybody who fcuks me deserves top spot
    0% 0 votes
    No way. A best friend and partner are 2 different things
    47% 63 votes
    I don't have a friend or a partner. This thread means nothing to me.
    31% 42 votes
    I fcuked my best friends partner once.
    21% 28 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I think us Irish have a problem of not knowing when to shut the **** up. That would have made myself, burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Agreed. If I get married i'll say, "but most of all I'd like to thank this beautiful lady beside me today who not only is my wife but one of my best friends also"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead was at a wedding last week and all was going well until the groom stood up to make his speech. "I'd like to thank my family blah blah blah etc etc.....but most of all I'd like to thank this beautiful lady beside me today who not only is my wife but my best friend also"

Pighead almost choked upon his glass of Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti wine when he heard that bit. Best friend? You've oinly known the girl for 3 years ya big eejit. And what a kick in the balls to your best man who had just finished his speech waxing lyrical about how they'd always been best friends down through the years.

It was like the groom was saying "Yeah thinks buddy for sticking by me through thick and thin over the past 27 years but I've got a chick now so I've demoted you to role of Assistant Best Friend. What a load of poppycock. Even if he had of called his wife his best fcukfriend things wouldn't have been so bad but for Pighead what the groom said was tantamount to treachery.
    Spoken like a true internet virgin...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Spoken like a true internet spanner who's making absolutely no sense.

See the way you left those dots trailing into the sunset at the end of your sentence. In future why don't you try replacing them with words to give Pighead a greater clue of what you're tyrying to say. Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

See the way you left those dots trailing into the sunset at the end of your sentence. In future why don't you try replacing them with words to give Pighead a greater clue of what you're tyrying to say. Good lad.
    LOL

You rock my world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Flymask

Give the man a break! Getting hitched is nreve-wracking enough without having to worry about the effect the use of the term 'best f**kfriend' would have on granny's heart condition! Plus it could also be interpreted as meaning that he has other f**kfriends, the one he's marrying just being the best of them. Not the greatest prelude to the wedding night!

Relax for a few months - no doubt you'll be promoted again soon!!

Those three dots are called an ellipsis. Its a common device used in many languages (including English) to indicate an intentional ommission. I'm sorry this has left you in a state of miscomprehension.

Flymask wrote: »
    Relax for a few months - no doubt you'll be promoted again soon!!
    Best friendships shouldn't be about promotions and demotions. You can't throw away a 25 year old special bond just because you've met some female who's lips can do wonderful things for your todger. Nope, the bloke should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

I think Pighead is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Those three dots are called an ellipsis. Its a common device used in many languages (including English) to indicate an intentional ommission. I'm sorry this has left you in a state of miscomprehension.

The sad thing here, is that the wasted his time looking that up ;)

• Advertisement

Of course it left Pighead in a state of miscomprehension. You used the fcuking thing arseways. It makes fcuk all sense.

Its like somebody asking Pighead for his name and me replying "My name is..."

He's not gonna say "Wow, great use of the ellipsis there Mister" he's gonna say "What the fcuk are you playing at you big eejit, get rid of those fcuking ellipsis and tell me your stinking name"

This is a classic case of you trying to be a clever cnut and failing miserably. Ellipsis Pigheads arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Well my faith in Irish women has been fully restored after the inner lesbian thread, I'll hear nothing bad said against them. I couldn't give a monkeys matted rump rug about long standing buddy bonds when you have Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek in the picture.

ThatGuy wrote: »
    The sad thing here, is that the wasted his time looking that up ;)
    Well said.

Pighead wrote:
    Of course it left Pighead in a state of miscomprehension. You used the fcuking thing arseways. It makes fcuk all sense.

Its like somebody asking Pighead for his name and me replying "My name is......"

He's not gonna say "Wow, great use of the ellipsis there Mister" he's gonna say "What the fcuk are you playing at you big eejit, get rid of those fcuking ellipsis and tell me your stinking name"

This is a classic case of you trying to be a clever cnut and failing miserably. Ellipsis Pigheads arse.

Great - I see you are going for volume now. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Flymask

Q: What's the difference between your wife & your job?
    A: After 20 years, your job still sucks.

Relax, I tell you! It's a well-known fact that lips on todger only happens BEFORE marriage. It's all over once the rings are exchanged.

Soon he'll be screaming out for that 'special bond' you had for 25 years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Soon he'll be screaming out for that 'special bond' you had for 25 years!!
    What, his buddy gave him blowjobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, but would the best man sleep with him?

Edit: Ha, ha, I posted this before SimpleSam's reply appeared but think I'll leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Relax, I tell you! It's a well-known fact that lips on todger only happens BEFORE marriage. It's all over once the rings are exchanged.

Note to self - never get married?

Great - I see you are going for volume now. Enjoy.
    What the fcuk is this? National Ambiguity Day or something? Whats with all these half arsed meaningless replies?

You sound like one of those old chinese blokes who talk in riddles, giving the impression that they're really clever when in reality they've just gone senile.

Just remember this RE*AC*TOR, he who walks in shallow water shall remain dryest of all...

What the fcuk is this? National Ambiguity Day or something? Whats with all these half arsed meaningless replies?

You sound like one of those old chinese blokes who talk in riddles, giving the impression that they're really clever when in reality they've just gone senile.

Just remember this RE*AC*TOR, he who walks in shallow water shall remain dryest of all...
    I disagree with your conclusion that my replies lack meaning. They have a meaning at face value, and they have an implied meaning. The reader can either see the implied meaning, fail to grasp the implied meaning, or see the implied meaning and choose to trick himself into ignoring it.

I disagree with your conclusion that my replies lack meaning. They have a meaning at face value, and they have an implied meaning. The reader can either see the implied meaning, fail to grasp the implied meaning, or see the implied meaning and choose to trick himself into ignoring it.
    Ok RE*AC*TOR, lets start from the start.
    What does that one mean? Pigheads pretty sure he hasn't tricked himself into ignoring its true meaning. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the content of the thread so guessing its an attack on Pigheads good name.

Only thing is Pighead hasn't a clue what an "internet virgin..." is suppossed to mean here. How hurt and upset should Pighead be feeling?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pighead almost choked upon his glass of Montrachet 1978 from Domaine de la Romanée-Conti wine when he heard that bit.

I hope you still managed to swallow it down, spitting it out would have been such a waste of a fine wine.
    Best friend? You've oinly known the girl for 3 years ya big eejit.

In fairness, he was hoping to get a shag that night, something your so called best friend will never do for you Piggie, hence the promotion to top position.
    I'm taking it Miss Piggie doesn't know you post on boards, or at the very least doesn't know your nick, otherwise, you're about to hit a dry spell...
    btw
    Is your bestest buddy engaged at the moment, are you dreading the up coming demotion?
    How hurt and upset should Pighead be feeling?

When in doubt, go for extreemly hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

RE*AC*TOR, stop trolling.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I hope you still managed to swallow it down, spitting it out would have been such a waste of a fine wine.
    Pighead actually snorted the wine out through his nostrils. Luckily my best friend was on hand and heroically caught the stray wine in a spare wine glass. Ya see thats true best friendship. You wouldn't see Miss Piggy doing that for me.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    btwIs your bestest buddy engaged at the moment, are you dreading the up coming demotion?
    Never gonna happen. Where we come from best friendship is a bond taht can never ever be broken. Women sheep and priests have all tried and failed to woo us in the past but every single time they have failed. Friends Fiorever is our motto (Pighead thought of that one)

Terry wrote: »
    RE*AC*TOR, stop trolling.
    Whose trolling should I stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Seriously, RE*AC*TOR, no one knows what you're talking about in this thread.

Why don't you go back to posting about Neil Young? You're good at that.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Seriously, RE*AC*TOR, no one knows what you're talking about in this thread.

Why don't you go back to posting about Neil Young? You're good at that.
    I doubt no one knows. However, if that is the case, I may have to question my clarity.

As for posting about Neil Young...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Whose trolling should I stop?
    Warning given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I doubt no one knows. However, if that is the case, I may have to question my clarity.

Yea I sort of skimmed through this thread but I didn't really get what you were on about. I wasn't sure if you were suggesting that the groom was a virgin who spent all his time on the net and therefore didn't really have a 'best friend' before meeting his missus.
    Alternatively you were suggesting that Pighead was a virgin. That's a bit strange because firstly how would you know? And secondly, that's the second time in a few days that somebody on here referred to Pighead as a virgin.

If you meant something else, then i didn't read closely enough or i just don't get it.

Good lad, it took a while but you've eventually realised the error of your rambling ways. We'll put it down to Mid-Morning-Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

which is more upsetting for you?

the fact that he considers his wife his best friend and he never told you?

or that you dont have the same thing with your missus?

and why do you think your ex best friend feels any less of you now than before?

i think you have self esteem issue pighead.

Advertisement