Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shes my best friend(YUCK!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ibh wrote: »
    If you meant something else, then i didn't read closely enough or i just don't get it.
    Or alternatively RE*AC*TOR was just being a spanner. Thats the option Pighead went for.

which is more upsetting for you?

the fact that he considers his wife his best friend and he never told you?
    Why would he tell Pighead? Pighead didn't know the chap from Adam.
    or that you dont have the same thing with your missus?
    Pighead and Miss Piggy have a wonderful and strong bond and sometimes I even let her come to the pub with the lads to watch the football. She's a great girl but the best friend title doesn't get ditched willy nilly round our way. It takes years and years to earn the title.
    and why do you think your ex best friend feels any less of you now than before?
    Eh he doesn't. Pighead has a sneaking suspicion that WWM has rushed into the thread half arsed, armed with one or two words from the opening paragraph resulting in confusion and wrongness.
    i think you have self esteem issue pighead.
    Maybe Pighead does WWM, maybe he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Pighead wrote: »
    Or alternatively RE*AC*TOR was just being a spanner. Thats the option Pighead went for.
    That's the second time the phrase "spanner" has been used in recent times. What a delightful coincidence. Someone once wrote that there are no coincidences. I wonder what that would mean in this case.

Either way, in order to cut to the chase. I don't know if Pighead is a virgin, nor do I care. I certainly didn't mean to offend him, perhaps it was a bad choice of word. What I was getting at, perhaps in a very roundabout way, was that Pighead's reasoning in his original post seemed to lack any real understanding of male-female relationships. Having been both a best-man and a groom in the last two years, I know that I wouldn't take offense, nor would I expect my best man to take offense to that type of comment. The groom in question may have meant it literally, or more broadly. Either way, its his wedding day, the purpose of his speech is (primarily) to compliment his new bride.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Either way, in order to cut to the chase. I don't know if Pighead is a virgin, nor do I care. I certainly didn't mean to offend him, perhaps it was a bad choice of word. What I was getting at, perhaps in a very roundabout way, was that Pighead's reasoning in his original post seemed to lack any real understanding of male-female relationships. Having been both a best-man and a groom in the last two years, I know that I wouldn't take offense, nor would I expect my best man to take offense to that type of comment. The groom in question may have meant it literally, or more broadly. Either way, its his wedding day, the purpose of his speech is (primarily) to compliment his new bride.
    Much better. Pighead knew you could do it. Who needs those silly ellipsis?
    So is your wife your new best friend RE*AC*TOR?

Much better. Pighead knew you could do it. Who needs those silly ellipsis?
    So is your wife your new best friend RE*AC*TOR?
    I would tell you, except it appears my posts are disappearing rapidly.

*EDIT* and now its back - how bizarre! What a totally benign glitch!

I didn't use that phrase in my speech, nor did my friend to whom I was best man. The point is that there should not be a problem with saying it, unless you are a bit insecure in your friendship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I would tell you, except it appears my posts are disappearing rapidly.

Not just yours! I think maybe you're taking Pighead's thread a little too seriously? It's just a joke man!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

question: if your partner is your best friend who do you talk to when they inevitably do the dirt on ya ?

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Not just yours! I think maybe you're taking Pighead's thread a little too seriously? It's just a joke man!
    Surely you agree my first reply to this jovial thread hardly crossed the bridge into the realm of gravity? Nor did I cross that bridge alone.

question: if your partner is your best friend who do you talk to when they inevitably do the dirt on ya ?
    Exactly. You go sniffing back to your Ex Best Friend who immediately becomes your New Best Friend again, IF he can forgive you for the original rejection and find it in his heart to bring you back.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    I give up.

Couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Couldn't resist.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Couldn't resist.
    That was pretty damn funny.

Anyway, I can't imagine a significant other of mine also getting the title of 'best friend'. Maybe that's why I'm single? Or maybe it's the back hair.
    If I were to hear something like that said in a wedding speech, it would have me reaching straight for a bucket. But then, much of what gets said at such occassions has that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

RE*AC*TOR's wife is my best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Eh he doesn't. Pighead has a sneaking suspicion that WWM has rushed into the thread half arsed, armed with one or two words from the opening paragraph resulting in confusion and wrongness.

possibly. quite very possibly.

or pighead just doesnt understand the nature of the questions?

either way, best friend is not a term i ever use, since i am actually over 12 yeas of age.

wwman has many friends, but the one he loves spending most of his time with is his wife :)
    sorry pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

between the ages of 12 and now you havent used the term best friend?! what?

many friends couldn't really make up for the twinship i have with my bessie! i nearly went into a rant of how close we are, but everyone knows the cliched description of best friendship, and that is somethign i definitely could not do without! maybe ill change my choon if i marry, but i dont see that happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

doonothing wrote: »
    between the ages of 12 and now you havent used the term best friend?! what?

many friends couldn't really make up for the twinship i have with my bessie! i nearly went into a rant of how close we are, but everyone knows the cliched description of best friendship, and that is somethign i definitely could not do without! maybe ill change my choon if i marry, but i dont see that happening...

i said i dont use the term, i didnt say there arent people in my life with whom i have a very close bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

funny thread RE*AC*TOR got exactley what he was looking for , a reaction .oh and just to add i find the term best friend quite childish i would say good friend but as im single it would not be about a girlfriend/wife

either way, best friend is not a term i ever use, since i am actually over 12 yeas of age.

wwman has many friends, but the one he loves spending most of his time with is his wife :)
    sorry pighead.
    Don't see anything wrong in using the term "best friend". Don't really see it as a childish phrase, but then again Pighead calls his Mother Mumsy and when he goes to sleep he wears ear muffs so the bed monsters can't get into his ears and eat his brain, so perhaps it may be so.

Who was your closest friend before you met your wife? Is he/she now your second closest friend? Will they be elevated to closest if you and your good lady should ever part ways? So many questions, so little time.

Pighead shall stay awake til 4 am awaiting the answers he seeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

As Pighead's internet girlfriend, I'd just like to say that I'm also appalled at this partner/best friend lark. Pighead and I wouldn't be able to have hot, angry virtual sex if we we're friends at all. Better this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

i said i dont use the term, i didnt say there arent people in my life with whom i have a very close bond.

QFT^

My "friends" know who they are.
    They don't need me to tell them.

Ooh you make me live
    Whatever this world can give to me
    It's you you're all I see
    Ooo you make me live now honey
    Ooo you make me live

Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
    I've been with you such a long time
    You're my sunshine and I want you to know
    That my feelings are true
    I really love you
    Oh you're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

Ooh I've been wandering round
    But I still come back to you
    In rain or shine
    You've stood by me, girl
    I'm happy at home
    You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live
    Whenever this world is cruel to me
    I got you to help me forgive
    Ooo you make me live

You're the first one
    When things turn out bad
    You know I'll never be lonely
    You're my only one
    And I love the things
    I really love the things that you do
    You're my best friend

Ooo you make me live

I'm happy at home
    You're my best friend
    Oh ya
    Oh you're my best friend
    Ooo you make me live
    You you're my best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I love Queen.

Also, for the record, yes, she is my "best" friend. Been friends with her for 6 years, going out with each other for the last 4.:)

Ooh you make me live
    Whatever this world can give to me
    It's you you're all I see
    Ooo you make me live

Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
    I've been with you such a long time
    You're my sunshine and I want you to know
    That my feelings are true
    I really love you
    Oh you're my best friend

Ooo you make me live
    That songs a sham. Freddie's best friends were all blokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Flymask

She didn't make him live either, did she?!! Not a very good 'best friend'!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

That songs a sham. Freddie's best friends were all blokes.

yeah and they didn't 'make him live,' they killed him with their filthy man-diseases. What kind of friend does that?

Pretty sure that wasn't written by Freddie guys.

Or Neil Young for that matter.

LadyJ wrote: »
    As Pighead's internet girlfriend, I'd just like to say that I'm also appalled at this partner/best friend lark. Pighead and I wouldn't be able to have hot, angry virtual sex if we we're friends at all. Better this way.
    Well said Miss J. May our non-friendship last forever. Hot angry virtual long lasting sex til the end of internet time.

Pretty sure that wasn't written by Freddie guys.

Or Neil Young for that matter.
    No - twas the bass player from Queen - John Deacon.

• Advertisement

No - twas the bass player from Queen - John Deacon.
    Never knew that.Thought Deacon was teh useless fcuker at the back who didn't do very much.

Anyway back on topic, is your wife your best friend?

Advertisement