Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross dressing = right of passage to ladies toilets?

Options
  • 10-11-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I was out last night in carnival after a gig in wheelans. As i came in the door i saw 2/3 men dressed in full womens attire. By the look of them they did it quite alot. Constantly pulling hair out of their eyes and being overly feminine and so on. long nails and a ridiculous ammount of makeup.

fair enough, each to his own. What ever makes them happy, im all for it go nuts and enjoy yourself.

So my pints at an angle tipping drink down my neck and i see one of the more obvious of the men coming out of the toilet.. i didnt catch which one tho.. So the lads and i set a little wager to see which toilet they would go into next. An hour or so passes and one of the lads spots the same guy making his way into the ladies toilet. I didnt really believe it, but low and behold out came the fella from the toilets.

Surely thats illegal? Am i wrong to think thats a bit too much? I have nothing against(excuse my termanology) that type of person, but thats taking the p1ss imo. What would the girls think of that sort of thing?

Sure you can put up the arguement of "But hes a woman trapped in a mans body" or what ever, but cmon, while theres berries hangin from the tree he has no business in that toilet regarless of sexual preference or any arguement you can put forward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

why would a bloke wanna go to the ladies is beyond me, the queues are always mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And the conversation is witless :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

mike65 wrote: »
    And the conversation is witless :p

Mike.

Been inside much have ye? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Uhh illegal to go into another gender's toilet? I was under the impression that it was merely a suggestion. Does it really matter which one you use? My father always encouraged us to go to the gents if the queues at the ladies were ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

daiixi wrote: »
    My father always encouraged us to go to the gents if the queues at the ladies were ridiculous...

classy. Did he use that excuse to go into the ladies? Would it bother you if a bloke came in and pinched a loaf in the womens? Or just went in and took a number 1 all over the toilet seat.. never mind the possibility of him leaving the toilet seat up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How would it be illegal to use the ladies...

If they were proper trannies who actually lived as women then they are told to use to ladies etc ie live as women.. Freaks that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Leave 'em to it , better than seeing some man-gina standing at the urinal , no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I would have no problem with a cross dresser using the ladies. If the want to be female, why should they still have to use the gents, where they could face confrontation, and possible physical abuse?
    That said, I guess they could face the same in the ladies...

I don't think it is illegal, I've often used the lads toilet when queues are too long in the womens!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

next youre going to ask for White and Black drinking fountains :D

.....oh, wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

they have unisex toilets in some bars in liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

a few months ago on holidays, i was waiting in a cue to use the toilets in a bar. It was one of them, pay as you pee toilets with an attendant. I was waiting a few minutes and the attendant stuck her head around to look in the female toilets, seen their was a cubical free, so told me i could just use it.
    After i had emptied, i open the cubical door and walked out, there was a woman standing there, who began shouting and pointing 'there's a fu*king man in the ladies' loud enough for most for the bar to hear.
    All i could do was walk back to our table getting dirty looks from all the woman present. I swear they all though i was some sort of pervert. wont ever do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

you were just drunk and staring at big ugly women , welcome to my world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

SUNGOD wrote: »
    you were just drunk and staring at big ugly women , welcome to my world

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Senna wrote: »
    a few months ago on holidays, i was waiting in a cue to use the toilets in a bar. It was one of them, pay as you pee toilets with an attendant. I was waiting a few minutes and the attendant stuck her head around to look in the female toilets, seen their was a cubical free, so told me i could just use it.
    After i had emptied, i open the cubical door and walked out, there was a woman standing there, who began shouting and pointing 'there's a fu*king man in the ladies' loud enough for most for the bar to hear.
    All i could do was walk back to our table getting dirty looks from all the woman present. I swear they all though i was some sort of pervert. wont ever do that again.

thats ridiculous. women will happily use the mens if there's a big queue in the ladies, and men should be able to do the same. personally i dont see the big fuss and the need to separate toilets, though that said, having unisex loos would only really work if women didn't spend so bloody long in them and then hog the hand basin areas for ages doing the make-up n ****e :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Firstly what you are actually talking about is Transsexuals not crossdressers. The different being that a Trassexual is a person changing from one gender to another whereas a crossdresser is a man who wears female clothes for sexual gratification and if you did a google search I think you'd find most crossdressers and Transvestites identify as Hetrosexual.

How would it be illegal to use the ladies...

If they were proper trannies who actually lived as women then they are told to use to ladies etc ie live as women.. Freaks that they are.

I am pre-op Transsexual and firstly I am nowhere near a "freak" and neither are any of my TS friends, I'd be willing to bet we're less freaky than homophobics like you, secondly it's not illegal to use the female toilets, thirdly "proper trannies" would be Transvestites not Transsexuals, we are totally different to them too and we are not "told" to do anything, we are under no obligation to follow any rules, how we transition is entirely up to us as is our choice of toilet. You just proved why we need to use the female toilet because if we used the male toilet and encountered a person like you who was drunk we'd most likely leave in an ambulance. And for the record not all of us present so badly that you (or anyone else on this thread) would be able to tell anyway, these were probably just 2 friends out for a drink and getting on with things, I don't see how it's anyones business how they choose to live as long as it hurts no-one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

i think he was talking about crossdressers, and not transexuals, but anyway

what i really want to know, is do they do it standing up, or sitting down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

red_ice wrote: »
    I, but thats taking the p1ss imo. .

lol at choice of words

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Kazobel wrote: »
    Firstly what you are actually talking about is Transsexuals not crossdressers. The different being that a Trassexual is a person changing from one gender to another whereas a crossdresser is a man who wears female clothes for sexual gratification and if you did a google search I think you'd find most crossdressers and Transvestites identify as Hetrosexual.

I am pre-op Transsexual and firstly I am nowhere near a "freak" and neither are any of my TS friends, I'd be willing to bet we're less freaky than homophobics like you, secondly it's not illegal to use the female toilets, thirdly "proper trannies" would be Transvestites not Transsexuals, we are totally different to them too and we are not "told" to do anything, we are under no obligation to follow any rules, how we transition is entirely up to us as is our choice of toilet. You just proved why we need to use the female toilet because if we used the male toilet and encountered a person like you who was drunk we'd most likely leave in an ambulance. And for the record not all of us present so badly that you (or anyone else on this thread) would be able to tell anyway, these were probably just 2 friends out for a drink and getting on with things, I don't see how it's anyones business how they choose to live as long as it hurts no-one else.
    Or it was just three guys out having a laugh and seeing how much they could get away with.
    I think you're looking into this too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

every time i find girls in nightclub toilets i find them to be rude, thick, and as graceful as a hen party

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i once had a job where i had to make sure no women went into the men's toilets. On my first night, a pre-op tranny went in, and I (thinking she was a woman) told her to get out.
    What ensued were moments that I'd really rather forget!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    every time i find girls in nightclub toilets i find them to be rude, thick, and as graceful as a hen party

+1

in theory ive no problem with girls using guys pissers if its to avoid a que. but jesus god do they seem to choose that exact moment to get pugnacious and stroppy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

jtsuited wrote: »
    i once had a job where i had to make sure no women went into the men's toilets. On my first night, a pre-op tranny went in, and I (thinking she was a woman) told her to get out.

You'd of thought he/she would of taken it as a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Ive had to use the ladies on occasion when the gents has been broken/closed for cleaning.

In Manchester some pubs had unisex toilets too.

i think he was talking about crossdressers, and not transexuals, but anyway

Well actually you all seem to have little or no knowledge about the whole subject so I doubt he even understands the difference
    what i really want to know, is do they do it standing up, or sitting down?

Sitting down, why would we stand up? you're watching way to much television and just pandering to stupid stereotypes.
    Terry wrote: »
    Or it was just three guys out having a laugh and seeing how much they could get away with.
    I think you're looking into this too much.

What a stupid comment and besides I never theroised as to what they were up to I mearly corrected all the stupid and Transphobic comments that have been made.

Number 1. "pre-op tranny" is a contradiction in terms since "pre-op" refers to Transsexuals and "tranny" refers to Transvestites.

Number 2. How do you even know he was pre-op or a Transsexual? did you ask or just assume?

Number 3. He was a transvestite, a Transsexual would never use a male toilet and never complain about being view as female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Kazobel wrote:
    Well actually you all seem to have little or no knowledge about the whole subject so I doubt he even understands the difference
    Knowledge of a subject doesn't automatically mean knowledge of a situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

i once had a job where i had to make sure no women went into the men's toilets.

How do you land a nugget of a job like that :)?

Well I have no bother about transvestites/sexuals using the Ladies toilet. Honestly, I have no bother about anyone using the Ladies toilet in a restaurant/pub/club. Why? Because it's only a freakin toilet ffs. I don't own it, and I've shared toilets with Men before. Like at home for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Well instead of berating us, why not educate us?
    No, it is not up to us to educate ourselves on theins and outs of every niche group.
    What a stupid comment and besides I never theroised as to what they were up to I mearly corrected all the stupid and Transphobic comments that have been made.
    What's to say it wasn't just three guys out for a laugh and seeing how far they could take things?
    I've seen guys walking around in women's clothes before and it wasn't hallowe'en and they were definitely not cross dressers.

Number 1. "pre-op tranny" is a contradiction in terms since "pre-op" refers to Transsexuals and "tranny" refers to Transvestites.

Number 2. How do you even know he was pre-op or a Transsexual? did you ask or just assume?

Number 3. He was a transvestite, a Transsexual would never use a male toilet and never complain about being view as female.
    How do you know that?
    You were not there.
    Or were you?
    If so, how do you know you were? The OP never mentioned the location.

Never a truer word spoken.

Well instead of berating us, why not educate us?
    No, it is not up to us to educate ourselves on theins and outs of every niche group..

And it's not up to me to educate you, but if you don't know then you shouldn't make stupid assumptions based on outdated stereotypes.
    What's to say it wasn't just three guys out for a laugh and seeing how far they could take things?
    I've seen guys walking around in women's clothes before and it wasn't hallowe'en and they were definitely not cross dressers..

How do you know? and besides I never claimed the two people from the OP were crossdressers, in fact I never put any label on them all I said was "these were probably just 2 friends out for a drink and getting on with things"

How do you know that?
    You were not there.
    Or were you?
    If so, how do you know you were? The OP never mentioned the location.

I know because I am pre-op TS and I know most of the TS in Dublin and not one of them would ever consider using the male toilet no matter the circumstances.

That makes absolutely no sense in relation to the comment you quoted :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

A gay lad in my school has to change for PE in the (guys) toilets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You just proved why we need to use the female toilet because if we used the male toilet and encountered a person like you who was drunk we'd most likely leave in an ambulance.

Are you suggesting I'm violent because I think people who change their gender are freaks.....

My personal opinion on trannies or pre op whatever is they can chop their penises off but they will still be blokes, just dressed up like women minus their penises they hate so much for some reason and that in my book makes gender reasignment wannabes freakish. I have no problems with peoples sexual preferences or someones race/colour or creed (well, except scientology, that's just plain ridiculous) but people who want to do this to themselves make my skin crawl.

Advertisement