Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overrated Shows?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

nummnutts wrote: »
    Oz
    Prison Break
    The Sopranos
    Anything Star Trek
    Little Britain
    Catherine Tate
    Vicar of Dibley

The Office
    Mighty Boosh
    Scrubs
    Stargate
    CSI
    Anything Reality
    etc etc etc

Agree with all the ones I've bolded. Little Britain is so sh*t, as is The Victor of Dibley. That fat mess French is just not funny.

nummnutts wrote: »
    Nope.

Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Seinfeld

Father Ted
    Spaced
    Monty Python
    Brass Eye
    Frasier
    etc etc

Frasier and Seinfeld have to be two of the least funniest programmes of all time. I've never laughed at a single moment in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Oz
    Anything Star Trek
    Little Britain
    Catherine Tate
    Vicar of Dibley
    Mighty Boosh
    Stargate
    CSI
    South Park
    Fast Show
    Greys Anatomy
    Big Brother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I hope I don't come across you in the real world, as there would be a serious personality clash!

Grand so. Probably wouldn't understand you anyway. I don't speak Klingon.
    Agree with all the ones I've bolded. Little Britain is so sh*t, as is The Victor of Dibley. That fat mess French is just not funny. Frasier and Seinfeld have to be two of the least funniest programmes of all time. I've never laughed at a single moment in either.

Regarding French, t'was harsh but fair. :D Frasier and Seinfeld aren't everyone's cup of tea, fair enough. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

The Office
    The Office
    The Office
    ****e
    ****e
    ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Anything with Ricky Gervais involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

deemy wrote: »
    The Office
    The Office
    The Office
    ****e
    ****e
    ****e

Depends what is meant by most overrated I suppose. Taking The Office as an example above, you probably loved it like everyone else, but thought those who considered it the finest thing television has ever done were over doing it a bit. But some people going over the top in their praise doesnt make it any less a fine show. Even The Best TV Show In The World Ever could be over rated. But it'd still be the best.

sorry sandwich but no the office was crap. Have to agree with phasers Ricky Gervais is soooo not funny so therefore I think the show is totally overrated. The americans took it on so that says a lot for me. I can't think of many good american comedys. family guy I guess. The simpsons too I suppose but seinfeld curb your enthusium pure crap. They will never match classics like fawlty towers or Father ted. By the way has anyone seen Still game with the 2 scottish guys. Many of my friends think its shi**e. I think its very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Depends what is meant by most overrated I suppose. Taking The Office as an example above, you probably loved it like everyone else, but thought those who considered it the finest thing television has ever done were over doing it a bit. But some people going over the top in their praise doesnt make it any less a fine show. Even The Best TV Show In The World Ever could be over rated. But it'd still be the best.

Exactly, and I think the whole point of this thread has been lost on some posters. I think some people are getting personally offended when their favourite shows are listed by others as being over rated. I watch some of the shows I've listed, but do think they are over rated. And I'm sure other posters would feel the same. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

ER - I don't care about the 'complicated' personal lives of boring doctors. Same goes for House or Grey's Anatomy. Actually all medical dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

sorry sandwich but no the office was crap. Have to agree with phasers Ricky Gervais is soooo not funny so therefore I think the show is totally overrated. The americans took it on so that says a lot for me. I can't think of many good american comedys. family guy I guess. The simpsons too I suppose but seinfeld curb your enthusium pure crap. They will never match classics like fawlty towers or Father ted. By the way has anyone seen Still game with the 2 scottish guys. Many of my friends think its shi**e. I think its very funny

Seinfeld, Curb and the Office are all in a different class to Father Ted

• Advertisement

Maybe they are but they are still overrated

Maybe they are but they are still overrated

Fair enough, I love Father Ted but it wears a small bit thin each time you see it, unlike Fawlty Towers, for example

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Not a chance IMO! As someone mentioned,anything with Ricky Gervais is overrated. That Extras rubbish is still being nominated for awards. The guy is not funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Top gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear

Every time i see that long faced ligger Clarkson,I get the urge to hoist a Perlenbacher long neck thru the screen.

Total whanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dublinlawyer

Top gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear
    Top Gear

Every time i see that long faced ligger Clarkson,I get the urge to hoist a Perlenbacher long neck thru the screen.

Total whanker.

Agreed. Jeremy Clarkson came out 4th Wittiest British man EVER in a poll done by TV Channel Dave. He was 4 places above William Shakespeare. Have we lost the run of ourselves. If that is not overrated than what is.
    Clarkson has one joke - the analogy - 'Driving this car is like going to the toilet in the office loo. It's can be extremely satisfying but you don't want to make a big fuss about it.". I just made that up to say this form of humour is easy and crap crap crap crap.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Not a chance IMO! As someone mentioned,anything with Ricky Gervais is overrated. That Extras rubbish is still being nominated for awards. The guy is not funny!

The Office was quality, Extras was nothing special. Now he's trading off his own name, still think he's great though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Office: terrible dire crap.
    Lost: I just don't get it. They are in Hawaii ffs!

The Office was quality

In keeping with the thread topic,I think it was just very overrated,and what I did like involved other characters and their storylines. His stand up comedy is just dire as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Im going to say this quietly and then Im going to run away as fast as possible

The Wire

Watched the first 6 episodes to really give it a chance/based on the rave reviews it got here and, while it was good television, I cant see where all the plaudits come from :confused:

*braces himself for onslaught* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Try finishing season 1. There is a similar post in the wire forum atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PullMyFinger!

It's not addictive turn-off-your-brain TV. It only gets good as you get to identify with the characters and get deep into it.

I didn't REALLY enjoy it until maybe 2 / 3 of the way through the first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LOST!

That is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I was the same with the Wire at first, I really wanted to love it, but found it really hard to get into it. Eventually I did, and now I have to say its my favourite show of all. I saw some tv ad for it after one of the episodes in season 3 (that I got off the cousin ;)) and it says thet its the most rewarding tv show out there and it really is, if you put the effort in, youll reap the benefits.

You should run for cover because the Wire is the best tv show ever made!!!!! :D

Seriously,as mentioned several times each season is like a novel and each episode a chapter. You stopped half way through the novel. You can't judge a book until you have finished it,same with the Wire. The season has to be watched fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Friends. That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I will give it another shot when I get a chance ;) I also once watched an episode of Sopranos and couldnt figure out what all the fuss was about. Mind you it was a randon episode and I think its definitely something you have to watch from start to finish.

So thats The Wire and Sopranos. I fully expect to be murdered any day now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Watch The Sopranos - "pine barrens"
    As for the wire - your loss ;)

And I don't think you can call them overrated based on a few eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Skins. it's total guff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Simpsons - Past it, dont get me wrong, used to be excellent.
    Naked Camera - Muck
    The Office - Never thought it to be as brilliant as everyone made out.

Some of my favourite tv shows are South Park, That 70' Show, Im Alan Partridge and although I love them I can understand why some people wouldn't. However, I will not stand for people saying the X-Files is overated, it is the greatest tv show of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Lost

Heroes

The Office

Advertisement