Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags robbina a guy on the 5:45 train from dublin to maynooth ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

micmclo wrote: »
    Lol, there is no CCTV there.
    There was a ticket vending machine and that met a watery grave.
    If it's not nailed down it ends up in the canal.

I'm not being over dramatic but I've had bad experiences there and I do pick up info over in Commuting & Transport.

Obviously you've not been there of late but iirc there is one on a huge pole on the westbound side.

I used that station for ages, and never once had a problem. And as for it to shut down, well I'm from Glasnevin and its nearer than Drumcondra to me so it does the trick, and about broombridge, maybe it ain't the nicest of places but to all you moaners......it has a station and you don't :P :P :P ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I hate passing through that train station. I always think just hurry the feck up and get out of here. Like someone said literally 3 people ever get on or off there, I don't know why the train bothers stopping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

FruitLover wrote: »
    How did that work? :confused:

Ah, are you one of those spas who wears their earphones outside their jacket?

Foolish maybe but is there any need to call him a spastic just based on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Hiller scum

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Back on topic.
    I'm sober now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dublin City forum ftw :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Happened on a Kildare train, should be in Kildare forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I drove past Killiney station a while back, which is supposed to be one of the more "Select" areas of Dublin.

Every car parked alng the road, about 12 cars, had their side windows put through.

Scum get everywhere, there only answer is rather than the Gardai, we need some sort of scum catcher. A bit like a rat catcher but with bigger nets and more arsenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Get a room Leixlippers. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

I've seen all manner of **** goin on at that station.
    I'm from Maynooth and I have passed that station i'd say 5 days a week for the past 2 years.I've witnessed many wild things out there like a bit of thievery,dashing of GBH with a sprinkle of junkie wars thrown into the mix. The reality being that the station is ruined!! even the stuff that is nailed down is burnt and scorched,I'm sure the scum are experimenting with different combinations of accelerants in the hope of melting this metal shelters too. I witnessed a similar incident years ago...the only difference bein that the guy was wise to what was about to happen...held onto his iPod and booted the guy in the stomach and he ran off like a scalded cat.

Aso for theomments about Maynooth...I agree whole heartedly.Its not a paradise. Getting worse in fact. 3 people stabbed in the one night last week or the week before. If only there was a way of controlling the breeding of this scum!!?? Any ideas??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

briantwin wrote: »
    If only there was a way of controlling the breeding of this scum!!?? Any ideas??

snipers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Many of those factores closed down due to traffic tbh and 3 developers have bought them up and let them go to rack and ruin so that when they finally apply to develope the site the locals will let them do what they want rather then leave it as is.
    Currently the developers are trying to push for between 6 to 8 stories apparment block opposite houses and it is being fought as it will block what remains of the light.

The developers and Dublin City Corporations should secure those premises and the land along the line and canal and stop such scum getting acess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I drove past Killiney station a while back, which is supposed to be one of the more "Select" areas of Dublin.

Every car parked alng the road, about 12 cars, had their side windows put through.

Jayzus, wouldn't fancy wandering into Killiney anytime now, sounds like too much scum there with too much time to do 12 cars!

/adds this area to worst areas of dub list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

gurramok wrote: »
    Jayzus, wouldn't fancy wandering into Killiney anytime now, sounds like too much scum there with too much time to do 12 cars!

/adds this area to worst areas of dub list :D

Killiney must be the biggest suburb of Dublin. It covers everything from Shankill to Cabinteely (But only the posh houses).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Aso for theomments about Maynooth...I agree whole heartedly.Its not a paradise. Getting worse in fact. 3 people stabbed in the one night last week or the week before. If only there was a way of controlling the breeding of this scum!!?? Any ideas??

I was walking down the main street on sunday 7th last month and there was blood everywhere, never heard what happened that night after. It is definitely getting rougher, I've really noticed it lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MayMay wrote: »
    I was walking down the main street on sunday 7th last month and there was blood everywhere, never heard what happened that night after. It is definitely getting rougher, I've really noticed it lately.
    Getting worse?

12 years ago I was walking down the main street and three guys stopped me.
    They asked me where I was from. I told them and they then proceeded to kick the crap out of me.

Had my friends not looked back and seen what was happening, the beating would have been much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

IMO Broombridge station is a kip, it is down in a dip and it is a hot spot for anti social behaviour, IMO anywhere where it is dark and hidden you will find scumbags, the station should be visible from the road with lights and security people
    there was a much better station further up between the factories, Liffey junction, you can still see the ruins of it. For some reason they closed it and blocked off the other track theat went on down through phibsboro.
    Most of the buildings in that part of cabra are in bits, I think they should let the apartments go ahead as at least there would be people there who would ring the cops. It has some level of potential, its only 2 stops from town.
    I think that when they reopen the harcourt line that liffey junction might come back into being and the stop at the bridge will go.

BTW fact for the day the mathematician William Rowan Hamilton back in 1843discovered quaternions revolutionising our understanding of algebra. He wrote the first few bits of equations on broombridge, its taken a dive with the stuff they have written on it now

Anyway a few months ago I saw two lads robbing a motorbike in daylight, they just ran off with it up a lane, bad and all as these crimes are, at least nobody is hurt in the process.

Stoner wrote: »
    It has some level of potential, its only 2 stops from town.
    I think that when they reopen the harcourt line that liffey junction might come back into being and the stop at the bridge will go.
    I assume you mean Broadstone? ;) That assumes the RPA don't get their mits on it and turn it into a Luas line.

I travel from Drumcondra to Clonsilla once every couple of weeks and haven't encountered any problems but I certainly don't like the look of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

MayMay wrote: »
    I was walking down the main street on sunday 7th last month and there was blood everywhere, never heard what happened that night after.

There's a running battle going on with the local youth scum old greenie's (not being stereotypical) and a group of Lithuanian's (scum think they're Polish though :rolleyes:) Scum were throwing bangers at people at the carnie down by the harbour and got into a row with the Lithuanian's. According to the Liffey Champion, one Lithuanian had his throat slit with a broken bottle.

You can find trouble in Maynooth, but I've never been randomly attacked on any night out. And I live and drink there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Yeah I heard that there was some sort of eastern influence in that incident. Surprise sur-f**ing-prise it was some old greenie madness. I was walkin past the harbour field the night of the stabbings there was 9 squad cars down there and two undercover cop cars too(very inconspicuous with a lock of bog monster cops in uniform bursting out of the seams). The place looked like slapper face jacks on a Friday. Minus the slutty nurses of course. I've never felt so safe walkin to the train station.

Back on topic again. Anyone wanna napalm broombridge??? Just the station!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah good old broombridge, thank christ I've never had to get off there
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=mhcwididqlcw
    note the use of "busy train station platform"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Karsini wrote: »
    I assume you mean Broadstone? ;) That assumes the RPA don't get their mits on it and turn it into a Luas line.

Did the old line not go from liffey jucntion, through Phibsboro, to Broadstone and then on to Harcourt Street , and was officially called the harcourt line? I've tried finding pictures of the old line but have yet to find sucess, it is still there from the old liffey junction to broadstone but how it got from broadstone to harcourt street is lost one me.

Stoner wrote: »
    Did the old line not go from liffey jucntion, through Phibsboro, to Broadstone and then on to Harcourt Street , and was officially called the harcourt line? I've tried finding pictures of the old line but have yet to find sucess, it is still there from the old liffey junction to broadstone but how it got from broadstone to harcourt street is lost one me.
    It did go to Broadstone but terminated there. The Harcourt Street line was the D&SER terminus for the south east, the line continued on to Bray along where the Luas Green line is now.

I think there's still traces of the line to Broadstone, could make out what I though was rusty track behind the fencing. But I think it was offically abandoned in the 1970s.

ahh, that answers the question, the line is intact from Broadstone to Cabra BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I feel bad for the guy who had their ipod stolen but unfair to stigmatise Cabra. It happens everywhere. Orinigally from Cabra myself and feel I should defend the area. There are alot of good people there unfortunately there are scum everywhere.
    I was in Dalkey afew weeks ago for the first time (and last). I kept asking people in my company if it was 'Dalkey', to say I was frightened by some of the patrons in the town is an understatment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I've been in maynooth for quite a while and i've seen a bit of trouble but 3 people stabbed in the one night?

Details please.

Also none of my friends have heard anything about this so do tell,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

I think i was on the same train, although I didnt hear anything about it. I remember at Broombridge we stopped for ages and ages waiting for something and suddenly we just started moving again. Does this sort of thing happen often on this line? I dont use the service regulary but the times I have used it I have never seen one scumbag or any bit of trouble going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Isn't the line from Broadstone to still used for bringing beer kegs or some sort down it... I swear I can remember passing it one day last year on the bus and seeing a train pulling along a load of kegs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Thats pretty bad alright. Did he get them? Should by-pass Broombridge I reckon. Place is a dive.
    Completely agree. And it should skip Confey too, that's even worse.

FRAN GAS.

Advertisement