Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags robbina a guy on the 5:45 train from dublin to maynooth ?

Options
  • 03-11-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭

So i was on the train today (Saturday 3rd november @ 5:45) and we got to broombridge at about 6, i was sanding accross from an asian man who was listening to his ipod when two pieces of youth scum walked into the carraige, they couldnt have been more than 16 , one was blonde, irish, short and had a black eye, the other was taller, asian / mixed race and was wearing a navy hoodie, when the train doors opened at broombridge the scum raced out of the train, the taller of the two snatching this mans ipod from his hand. The train stopped while a few people onboard tried to assist the man as he ran down the platform in persuit of the scum,

this is horrible, anyone else see it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Thats pretty bad alright. Did he get them? Should by-pass Broombridge I reckon. Place is a dive. Hello fellow Confey-er o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its been a while since i was at Broombridge, but do the cctv camera's work there at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Broombridge should be shut!
    In a few years the area will be built up with apartments and maybe then it'll be worth opening.
    But right now it's a disaster zone. Some people in work come in from Maynooth and when schools are on summer holidays the trains get stoned.
    Ok, shutting the station won't solve this but it's a first step.

When I got my first ipod I was reading about New York subway stations have signs telling you to never carry your ipod in your hand.
    At least if you put it in your zip pocket and maybe an inside jacket pocket it can't be easily snatched.
    Of course if they want it badly the scum will take it but it makes it harder for opportunistic teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

gurramok wrote: »
    Its been a while since i was at Broombridge, but do the cctv camera's work there at all?

Lol, there is no CCTV there.
    There was a ticket vending machine and that met a watery grave.
    If it's not nailed down it ends up in the canal.

I'm not being over dramatic but I've had bad experiences there and I do pick up info over in Commuting & Transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thats pretty bad alright. Did he get them? Should by-pass Broombridge I reckon. Place is a dive. Hello fellow Confey-er o/
    Da Riv.

I was hoping that wasn't Riverforest. :(

I'm from Da Av.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

There's some amount of dirt out there these days its unreal..I had my ipod robbed off me before walking down the road had it in my pocket and they grabbed the ear phones and the ipod went with it... I was so p*ssed off. luckily i had it insured, but still its just wrecks my head the way some of these little sh*ts act, not one ounce of respect in them.. They're a law onto themselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The man should have shown more street smarts and had a better hold on his belongings. Where was the iPod? Sitting on the table? In his pocket? In his underwear?

Always keep your valuables secure in close proximity to other people. Pure common sense. The most expensive thing I own now is a laptop and if I go travelling with that on a train it gets locked to my chair with my Kensington Cable: no little bastard is going anywhere with that.

Just as importantly try your best to minimise your profile: meaning dont advertise your fat wallet or your iPod, etc. iPOD headphones especially have become an icon - use aftersale earbuds instead if you think someone my be out to steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Terry wrote: »
    Da Riv.

I was hoping that wasn't Riverforest. :(

I'm from Da Av.

from the newtown myself

from the newtown myself
    /throws stones at Erc Cartman's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Harpy wrote: »
    had it in my pocket and they grabbed the ear phones and the ipod went with it

How did that work? :confused:

Ah, are you one of those spas who wears their earphones outside their jacket?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

/throws stones at Erc Cartman's house.

There goes me hope of you living in Riverdale so I could throw a brick over my backwall, over the captains hill, over another wall and potentioaly hit your window...

I know. I know.

Dún Carraig.

Just because the name of your estate has the word "rock" in it, doesn't mean you have to throw them.

You just thought me more Irish that I have learnt all year.
    +1 for Boards School of Learning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

yes im one of those saps apparently!!:rolleyes:
    i had it in the pocket of jumper so the earphones were hanging out kind of underneath.. it wasn't as if i was in town or anything either i was walking up by my house in a quite place like so i was expectin some little sh*ts to come running up and nick it..it was insured so i got a new one so it was ok but that's not the point i just hate the way they think they can do these things, but i suppose its just the world we live in these days some people just make excuses for these people..
    agree with the poster who said about the ipod earphones first thing i did when i got my ipod was buy a new pair of earphones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Haha. Broombridge. What an absolute kip.

I'd say the only real purpose for that station is for people who get onto the Docklands train accidentally.

Flunked wrote: »
    You just thought me more Irish that I have learnt all year.
    +1 for Boards School of Learning
    I taught you.

Rock Fort. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

this thread has really portrayed how thick people are.

Broombridge this - town that

get a grip you fools - thieves are eveywhere and just because 'friends are coming in from Maynooth' or 'you were walking around your own area', does that not highlight how idiotic it is to think of 'places' breathing thieves, thugs etc???

With some level of cop-on and a bit of awareness these incidents could become less common. in a few years the little girls who only stay in certain areas might have learnt how common thieving is everywhere.

Cabra has a hell of a lot of decent people in it, so why should they be bypassed??

Oh and Fergal and Desmond from Maynooth and that might have a long walk to work if they happen to work in the Dublin Industrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's about time Glendale Meadows made an appearance:cool:

Broombridge should be cut off from society

Jay D wrote: »
    this thread has really portrayed how thick people are.

Broombridge this - town that

get a grip you fools - thieves are eveywhere and just because 'friends are coming in from Maynooth' or 'you were walking around your own area', does that not highlight how idiotic it is to think of 'places' breathing thieves, thugs etc???

With some level of cop-on and a bit of awareness these incidents could become less common. in a few years the little girls who only stay in certain areas might have learnt how common thieving is everywhere.

Cabra has a hell of a lot of decent people in it, so why should they be bypassed??

Oh and Fergal and Desmond from Maynooth and that might have a long walk to work if they happen to work in the Dublin Industrial.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    All those people in glass houses will get wet if it rains tonight.

I don't know if you've ever been there, but Maynooth is no paradise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I know Maynooth well and my point was that some people seem to like the sound of themselves more so than being realistic.

This type of stuff goes on everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I know. I know.

Dún Carraig.

Just because the name of your estate has the word "rock" in it, doesn't mean you have to throw them.

hahahahhaahaa, and you leave my newtown alone -_- just because our estates join doesnt mean i accept you to society

but then again , what about that glendale -_- damn glendale....

As a mod, I should probably tell you all to get back on topic.

However, I'm fairly drunk, so someone else should do it.

Dear Boardsies

Get back on topic, Please.

Yours sincirely,
    Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

duncarraig here too! Sorry for off topic but small world and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jay D wrote: »

Because Broombridge is the biggest joke of a station going. Two or three people getting on or off at the station on practically every train. It's hardly a real money spinner for Iarnrod Eireann either, considering the number of times windows have been put through at the station (I've seen it twice and up until four weeks ago I didn't even pass through Broombridge regularly).

Who cares if Cabra has decent people in it, that station is a poxy eye-sore and serves sweet flip all purpose. Mulhuddart has some decent people in it, they don't have a train line.

Dunboyne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Glendale Meadows. I know a guy called Terry fom Avondale. I wonder is it you Terry?

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

As a mod, I should probably tell you all to get back on topic.

However, I'm fairly drunk, so someone else should do it.

hahahahahaha,that's brilliant!If only all mods were like that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Don't hold a fcuking iPod in your hand in public.
    Playlist. Hands in pockets. Listen.
    Scumbags can't do anything.
    Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Oriel wrote: »
    Scumbags can't do anything.
    Simple.

He says until his ears are stolen with earphones enclosed. Scumbags can do whatever they want, did you not get teh memo?

Confey will not now be considered as a possibility for the new Connundrum homestead. Sorry if this makes you cry.

Advertisement