Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guinea pig stuck under my shed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Shoot the bastard with a little pellet gun. it wont kill him but he'll move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Same thing happened to us with a hamster a couple of years ago. It went into the wall in the kitchen. It came out eventually after about three days of us worrrying ourselves sick-kids crying etc. We had to cut a hole in the plasterboard and tempt it out with food and water. When it did come out at three in the morning hubby nabbed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 barbaraw19

Aghhh night is setting in and the poor thing is still under the shed. Its bloody freezing outside. What are his chances would you say?

In response to putting a hole in the shed floor, my parents wont allow me, its an expensive shed.

Funny u should mention cooking guinea pigs. the pet shop on parnell street says the majority of the customers who buy guinea pigs and hamsters are chinese. i cant help but think that the creatures are not kept as household pets by them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

barbaraw19 wrote: »
    Funny u should mention cooking guinea pigs. the pet shop on parnell street says the majority of the customers who buy guinea pigs and hamsters are chinese. i cant help but think that the creatures are not kept as household pets by them.

Me neither. If they are buying them in large quantities it's more likely they are building an army to take over the western world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Get a stick, put it under the shed at one end and then pull it along at ground level slowly to the far end of the shed.. This should nudge him out??

I like the tunnel idea also..

You cant leave him in there all night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

In response to putting a hole in the shed floor, my parents wont allow me, its an expensive shed.

**** your parents! Do you love your GP or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Oh the advantages of virtual pets. Virtually trouble free!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

expensive shed??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

echter wrote: »
    expensive shed??? :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176319

(sorry am bored)

Forky wrote: »

state of that shed, i think that price is more for the land.

poor guinea pig, i hope it doesn't rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

A bit of chewing-gum on the end of a stick. A mars-bar might do the trick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

something likthis happened me with my hamster before.. got a nice new small hamster..small enough to infact fit out through the bars in the cage..so when i woke up one morning he was gone..he had gone down a hole in the wall behind my warddrobe..so yea i basically thought yea he's a gonner ill go get me another hamster(id only had him two days ok we hadn't bonded yet so i got over it fast) yea so i get my new hamster and walk into the room and see my other one flying across the floor down the whole again..so he was down there for about a week i put food and bedding out hoping he'd stay and make a bed during the nigth instead he just took the bedding into the whole with him!!(smart hamster i must admit) finally got a friendly mouse trap thing and caught the bugger..in his week away from us he had turned into some monster he hissed at me and everything if u tried to pick him up he'd latch onto ur finger and would not let go..He was so evil, after his adventure we renamed him rambo...
    yea well my contribution is to try get a friendly mousr trap amybe a rat trap seen as its a guinea pig(can u get a friendly rat trap eh i dunno)
    hopefully u get him out soon.. oh god i hope its not cold out tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Sorry to hear about the poor GP's predicament, it's not that cold out tonight and even if it does rain, the guinea pig will be sheltered under the shed.
    Loving this thread so far (sorry op).

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

ya might wanna watch out for foxes,they will try to get at it when its dark, i used to have a few rabbits and they always did this,best thing to do is close him off with planks so it can only go one way

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A great adventure is waiting for you ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I'd ring his mobile and see if you couldn't reason with him

how is he holding up???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Preusse wrote: »
    A bit of chewing-gum on the end of a stick. A mars-bar might do the trick as well.

Poor little fella will get chewing gum stuck to his coat. A bit of velcro on the end of that stick and you're sorted.

OP, you could place a big sheet of tinfoil under there and use one of those click lighters to shock him out. :p

Or the food thing, that might be nicer. Don't forget to light a fire under your shed to keep him warm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Aw bless op, I hope he's okay, if it makes you feel any better I had a hamster years ago that got loose and went under the floorboards of our house.
    Little fecker appeared a few days later a bit dusty but grand all the same!
    I hope your guinea pig has a similar adventure... let me know how you get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The Lemmiwinks episode of South Park has just started on MTV1.

The OP may want to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

the pet shop on parnell street says the majority of the customers who buy guinea pigs and hamsters are chinese. i cant help but think that the creatures are not kept as household pets by them.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy steak? Unless they're breeding them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

This thread is comedy gold. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Didn't bother reading to the end...

Try a humane rat trap cage, the type of cage where the rodent enters but cant exit, stick in some lettuce carrots or whatever they eat. Then wait, wait, wait.

http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/morach_live_catch_rat_trap.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Get the kid from captain planet to help you. You know the pussy kid who had the heart ring. He should be able to get your guinea pig out for you. He'll probably want to fúck it afterwards though. On another note, what a shít power he had. What's he gonna do to the bad guy? Hug them to death? Pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Dyson FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Try getting some sweet smelling fruit and putting in a bucket with one of those hamster ladders and he'll find his way into it. Always worked for me and my hamster was so lazy he never bothered climbing ladders but he did when there was a reward.

Oh and if that doesn't work get a vacumm cleaner and try and nab him from the back.

And if that doesn't work buy a hamster and send him under the shed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 barbaraw19

Still under the shed sadly, but at least a fox didnt eat it.He came out from underneath the shed but my dog came bounding towards it, so it dashed back under it again. Haven't seen it in 6 hours or so. One step forwards, two steps back, grrrr.

The hoover would probably kill it. It would suck it eyeballs out or damage his little foot. I bought a trap in woodies this morning so fingers crossed.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is he still under there?
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

i have two ideas

1,burn down the shed

2,a car jack to lift it up a little but that might end up with a post from your mother saying her child is stuck under a shed in which case see number 1:D

Advertisement