Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Hate Christmas

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Was in the disney toy shop in liverpool last week and they have the high school musical tape on a continious 15 minute loop , the shop assistant told me that she has to listen to it continiously all day every day for weeks and it was driving all the staff mad, the whole thing will be repeated all over the stores when the usual christmas pop pap is repeated ......

so all together now '' so hear it is merry christmas , everybodys having fun, look to the future '' ..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

I love christmas, i love the short days leading up to it, it being cold outside and walking around town with all the christmas tunes playing, buying presesnts with all the christmas lights shining down when its dark.meeting up with friends i may not of seen for months and going for a drink or even just having a cup of tea.I love watching telly sitting next to the fire near christmas with the christmas tree lights reflecting off the tv I just love it i'm in sweden at the mo and it was snowing last night and aw i just can't wait for christmas now..oooh i wonder will stockholm have good christmas lights..anyone know??
    aw im such a weirdo for christmas but im proud to admit it!!!

At least you get snow in sweden to add to the athmosphere last poster ....which is essential for a white christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

To be honest, if i get to see Arnold Swarzeneggar in Jingle All The Way at Christmas, then i love Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

yea it was pretty sweet last night..was making snow angels!! it was say a 1/2inch on the ground.. and i was trying to explain to everyone i was with that this was amazing for me to see ..they just kept saying its not real snow to wait another few weeks and ill see snow..don't think they understood the fact that we never get snow in ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I hate the OP for bringing up christmas in November. Go strangle yourself on a string of treelights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Christmas songs playing in work since Thursday, head office sneakily increasing the ratio of christmas:normal songs..and they're getting way more obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Haha isn't it funny how we all don't bitch about the summer stock coming into shops in late january? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Archeron

Haha isn't it funny how we all don't bitch about the summer stock coming into shops in late january? :p

I do. I ****ing hate summer with the sweat and the heat and the...... #

whatever the subject we will always each have our own peronal opinions. While I am happy to live in 11 degreees, most people think that if the temperature is not eqivelent to the hottest day of the year they will all die of pneumonia.

This country actually has a cool wintry climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There should be laws against pre-celebrations like this in Novemeber: if Tesco starts putting up christmas **** in Ovtober or November they deserved to be fined millions of Euro thats donated to orphans; poetic justice.

• Advertisement

I am waiting for the first ' it's all very commercial ' and ' it's freezing ' comments ..of course it's commercial ,have you only realised now ? and it's fcuking freezing because it's ment to be , :D it's winter :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Just because I am a teenager doesn't mean that I am trying to be cool by stating that I dislike Chrimbo. It is a disgusting time of year, it really is. One thing that I hate more than almost anything in the world is pretence. Well that is basically what Christmas is all about, whether it is people pretending to like gifts they get, or people pretening that they care about religion which they dont even acknowledge for 364 days of the year, or people pretending that they actually care about those less fortunate, which they always harp on about. If they really cared, I can admit that I don't, they would not be spending hundreds of euro on presents and food and absolutely unnecessary things like OTT decorations. The whole season is a sham and I cant wait until its over and done with

Advertisement