Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

anewme wrote: »
    Dog Poo

Dog Poo

Dog Poo

Can't believe this is back.

Forgive the pun but it really is a pure crock of ****e.

**** me this is an irritating ad.

THE JINGLE DOESNT EVEN RHYME!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

"Ah, thank God, I got through at last....Oh Hi..this is Donal from The Island. We urgently need emergency supplies"
    "Of course sir...medical supplies...?"
    "Ah no, just a few crates of crisps, sausages and teabags"
    Isn't this the most funny, heartwarming ad on the radio.
    Cheers us all up when we're feeling down.🙂

"Ah, thank God, I got through at last....Oh Hi..this is Donal from The Island. We urgently need emergency supplies"
    Cheers us all up when we're feeling down.��

Funny ?? Ehhhhhhh no !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah... I've said it before but that one who says she 'drives her kids to work knowing that she is making a difference to their future' is really only giving them a future of being fat, lazy and dependent.

That must be why she sounds so down about it!
    Jeepers if that ad is meant to make the car sound appealing, it certainly doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The Energia.ie radio ads, aired for the last 2 or so years, is the character in them meant to be Michael D Higgins ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Funny ?? Ehhhhhhh no !

Like I said before, that Donal stult wants an industrial boot driven up his hole.

Preferably by someone in the emergency services.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Awful, awful corny ad on KCLR for Specsavers. Two ould lads playing golf, one wondering how to play out of a bunker. "you'll need a wedge for that". "A sand wedge". "Is it near lunch", says the hearing impaired lad. What a pile of...….

madmaggie wrote: »
    Awful, awful corny ad on KCLR for Specsavers. Two ould lads playing golf, one wondering how to play out of a bunker. "you'll need a wedge for that". "A sand wedge". "Is it near lunch", says the hearing impaired lad. What a pile of...….

Been on most stations for at least the last 3 months

Been on most stations for at least the last 3 months

......even longer I’d say .....I kinda like this ad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought the Ding Dong Denny O Reilly aeroplane ad was a p1sstake but they seem to be serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"First mention of Christmas" award goes to Harvey Norman. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr E wrote: »
    "First mention of Christmas" award goes to Harvey Norman. :o

Would m'lady like to daaance!

Just heard it for the first time this year! Christmas is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Latest stupid put-on foreign accent ...O'Brien's sandwich bars for their execrable 'Cubano' ad.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Latest stupid put-on foreign accent ...O'Brien's sandwich bars for their execrable 'Cubano' ad.
    I'd thank that twice if I could. Once for the sentiment that I can 100% get behind. The second time for "execrable". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Nothing wrong with the ad per se but mark knopfler doing another concert as part of his annual visit to Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

Cheers us all up when we're feeling down.🙂

I'd love a follow up add with a Simpson's style 'special delivery' for Donal.

Followed of course by a punch in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭depaor01

Why is everything in advertising "awesome"? Vesuvius erupting would be awesome. No car being advertised for 191 (that few could afford) is awesome. Broadband isn't awesome.
    And Smart still can't fly Aer Lingus. It's an adjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You could probably fit a Smart car in the hold, though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

depaor01 wrote: »
    Why is everything in advertising "awesome"? Vesuvius erupting would be awesome. No car being advertised for 191 (that few could afford) is awesome. Broadband isn't awesome.
    And Smart still can't fly Aer Lingus. It's an adjective.

Agreed! And AIB backing "brave" is another. Which they are still doing apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

dogmatix wrote: »
    Agreed! And AIB backing "brave" is another. Which they are still doing apparently.

Because “reckless” didn’t work out for them!

(Credit to Ross O’Carroll-Kelly for that excellent observation!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

"Your expectations were probably different for this ad".

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be voiced by the ex head of RTE sport

Can anyone answer my question or am I stupid ?

That new ad for drink driving : “ you’re on the couch drinking a glass of vino , your partner rings asking for a lift home, your phone falls down between 2 cushions, you take the car, you’re breathalised , you lose your licence “

what has your phone falling down between 2 cushions got to do with anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

The ad for Sunsweet Prune Juice - just about as unprofessional and cringeworthy as the tv ad they had a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭plodder

That new ad for drink driving : “ you’re on the couch drinking a glass of vino , your partner rings asking for a lift home, your phone falls down between 2 cushions, you take the car, you’re breathalised , you lose your licence “

maybe it means you can't call your solicitor for advice on how to avoid being breathalysed after being stopped.

plodder wrote: »
    maybe it means you can't call your solicitor for advice on how to avoid being breathalysed after being stopped.

By law you categorically cannot refuse to be breathalised ? Your Solicitor would be advising you to comply .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

That new ad for drink driving : "retracing your steps to find something you lost, you’re on the couch drinking a glass of vino , your partner rings asking for a lift home, your phone falls down between 2 cushions, Listener is meant to think for a sec about finding the phone (red herring) you take the car, you’re breathalised , you lose your licence “The twist !

Think that's it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The theme is "how did you lose it? Retrace your steps."

Script set up expectation that it's your phone.

But you've had wine. Oh oh, they meant it's your licence you lost...

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Think that's it anyway.

Nah , still dont get it . I’m must be thick .

(I can’t read those yellow letters , they’re hurting my eyes )

maybe it's giving the impression that she was just having another normal night watching tv and having a drink, when normal things like the phone falling between the cushions happens. it could have been the remote control or her purse???

their point is that it didn't end up a normal night.

it's a daft line in the ad and should be removed, serves no real purpose and confuses the listener.

• Advertisement

maybe it's giving the impression that she was just having another normal night watching tv and having a drink, when normal things like the phone falling between the cushions happens. it could have been the remote control or her purse???

their point is that it didn't end up a normal night.

it's a daft line in the ad and should be removed, serves no real purpose and confuses the listener.

Ok maybe :confused:, thanks for that , but yes it’s a bit pointless . I find myself listening hard every time to figure it out . I’m being a bit pedantic probably!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement