Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That obnoxious Dodge BasicBox ad.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

(to YMCA type tune)
    Noyek Newmans!kitchens doors decks and floors!

:rolleyes:

Its actulay kitchens, floors, decks and doors ;) VERY ANNOYING AD! But whats even more annoying is the one for Eircom, can we get broadband daddy????

Autogalss repair-autoglas replacment!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

There really isn't a more annoying ad on the radio than the Apache Pizza crazy frog one. It should be taken off the radio as it's basically noise pollution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭holland501

Any radio ad that has whispering in it.

Has to be the most annoying sound on the planet

Or people doing Santa accents on the ones around crimbo. God!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoa whoa whoa... what's with this new Diet Coke ad?

The American sounding girl making a song outta the sensation from Diet Coke.. she's making it sound like a dirty novel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno if its got a mention yet, but there is an ad for a product/service I've not remembered which features a shrill female (whats new?! :p ) trying to get through to someone who seems to be gone from the company he has just joined.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Thats the one I was going to post about! Its hurt my ears today. Its so goddamn awful. Its for some Nothern Ireland recruitment thing. Christ I wont be forgetting that one for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

bloody bupa ads are back on again.

there is no "sobbing" smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

http://audio.todayfm.com/files/gift_ads.wma

I love the 'Buuuurrglers' bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I hate the new Diet Coke ad

Is the woman drinking it or seducing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Swingking

I hate that ad, I hate it so very much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

There is a new ad for Saab I think...the song in the background is AWFUL. Piercing vocals. Cant believe it was okayed by someone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 setanta70

My latest pet hate must be the ad with the sound clip "Lillis O'Donnell Ford sells cars, Lillis O'Donnell Ford sells vans" repeated in the background ad nauseam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That Diet Coke ad is just the most God awful thing ever, and I mean evvveeerrrrr!!!!!1111!eleventy1 :mad: A good kinda beat right <laugh>. No, it's not, you stupid American wannabie tw@t.

But I can't believe nobody's noticed that the 3PM slump is back, what a todal mare. Hey goys, anyone up for loin dancing? Yeah, I'm up for dancing all over your loins pal, with big spiky boots, and then I'll shove your head through the window on the Phonewatch ad, smash. Buuuurgler this ya bastid.

Sometimes I hate waking up to the radio in the morning. But at least the Ulster Bank barking dog ad has stopped. What was the point of that? A dog advertising a bank, with yodeling thrown in for good measure :confused: The mind boggles sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jor el wrote:
    But I can't believe nobody's noticed that the 3PM slump is back, what a todal mare.

Yup, the message I get is that Knorr quick soups mush your brain and turn you into a prat.

If, after having it, he turned normal, then maybe the ad would work, but no - he's still a prat after having those soups.

Probably best to avoid them, so ?

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Probably best to avoid them, so ?
    ... and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Given that everyone hates the D4-esque accent, what gombeen decided to use it in an advertising campaign? Oh I'm sure they thought it would be hilarious and people would congratulate them on their comic genius, much like a Ross O'Carroll Kelly book. But the one thing they missed is that those books are not just funny because of the accent. You can't just spout any old rubbish in a crap accent and expect hilarity to ensue.

Does anyone actually know anyone who works in advertising? And if you did, would you admit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

... and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

:confused: ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

In the words of the late great Mr. Bill Hicks "By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself. No, no, no it's just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root - I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself. Seriously though, if you are, do. Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helpers, Okay - kill yourself - seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No this is not a joke, you're going, "there's going to be a joke coming," there's no ****ing joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are ****ed and you are ****ing us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your ****ing soul, kill yourself."

Oh has anyone else noticed that Barney from Paths to Freedom (Darragh Kelly) does about 70% of all ads. Talk about market saturation :rolleyes:

Liam Byrne wrote:
    :confused: ????
    A Simpsons quote. Homer to Bart: You're ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I don't know whether this ad has been mentioned but there's an ad for some new van that comes with a free bluetooth car kit or something like that. I want to kill the aggressive **** with the strong Dublin accent, who plays the caller to the radio show. NOA! ITS HANS FHREE!

Btw I love the ad for AA car loans, because its so stupid. 'I drive a sports car because I'm a sporty kind of guy' 'I drive a people carrier because I have lots of little people to carry'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Didn't that diet coke ad cause an accident on the N7 the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

sturgo wrote:
    Didn't that diet coke ad cause an accident on the N7 the other day?

It would cause an "accident" if i met the f*ckwit who came up with it and the annoying American cnut who voices it. The accidental repeated smashing of their heads together until all thats left is a bloody oozing dripping pulp of smashed bone flesh and brain matter........ ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

It would cause an "accident" if i met the f*ckwit who came up with it and the annoying American cnut who voices it. The accidental repeated smashing of their heads together until all thats left is a bloody oozing dripping pulp of smashed bone flesh and brain matter........ ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG
    whoa, calm down kid, it's only an ad......;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Nightwish wrote:
    "Meet Laura, she likes to wrestle with girls in the mud, and tapdance across graveyards at night. Now she wants broadband, so Mum and Dad gave into her teenage whinings and forked out for Eircon"
    That one drives me up the feckin wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bom-chikka-wah-wah just doesn't work on the radio (doesn't really work on TV either, tbh!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I hear yer one Brenda Donohue doin an ad for "Poonchistown"

Jaysus! that woman gets under my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

We are getting a lot of worst ads. How about hearing from someone who got out of the right side of the bed today. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone hear the one for Xtra Vision 50c kids movies. Starts with girl lovingly desscribing her porcelain piggy bank cut in Mam telling her it is 50c a kids movie at xtra vision next minute smash piggy bank gone accompanied with little girl crying DIE PIGGYBANK DIE.

Its what woke me this morning and I am smiling since

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

That car ad for Nissan I think, its like a storyboard without a story and a whinning track in the background "...a little biddy tear let me down....the face of a clown" the worst TV ad in history!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

sioda wrote:
    Anyone hear the one for Xtra Vision 50c kids movies. Starts with girl lovingly desscribing her porcelain piggy bank cut in Mam telling her it is 50c a kids movie at xtra vision next minute smash piggy bank gone accompanied with little girl crying DIE PIGGYBANK DIE.

Its what woke me this morning and I am smiling since

Yep! Love it!!! :D

But what about those Barry's golden moments ones... mawkish tripe the lot of 'em! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement