Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

How can you go down to enniskillen, if enniskillen is up the north? :eek:

There is also an Asda in sligo.

whats your point if you even have one,so what about if its up or down,i dont like people trying to belittle a persons with pedantic bull,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haven't been to Asda for a long time. Went up about eighteen months ago and didn't find that much of a difference price wise. I'd rather spend my money locally if there's not a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Haven't been to Asda for a long time. Went up about eighteen months ago and didn't find that much of a difference price wise. I'd rather spend my money locally if there's not a big difference

Price wise you are right, however customer service is so much better and the choice as well.

The butcher Stewards in Enniskillen is brilliant also, have not found a butcher at our side of the border that matches the quality.

We usually go every three weeks to stock up on the stuff they don't have here.

I will spend locally when the local shops start to give some customer service. It is a sad state of affairs around Sligo town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I had one experience in Asda where I got a rude assistant...but it was only once. Last time I was there I was at the till and forgot something. The lad on the checkout phoned a shop floor worker and they went and got the item for me. I'd have been a long time waiting in a Sligo supermarket for that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

customer service is a problem here in sligo,i have stoped going to Lidl over there rude and very unhelpful staff,on the other hand i find the Aldi staff not too bad

The worst one I had so far was when I wanted to buy a mattress here in Sligo. I had to pay upfront and pay 25 euro delivery for 14km. I said I would collect it from the shop but that was not an option.

I refused to pay upfront and that was the deal over. I went to Bracken beds in Enniskillen, it was 35% cheaper with free delivery and pay on delivery. Euro's or sterling did not matter.

I buy as much as I can via Ebay or Amazon and get it delivered to Belcoo Post Office, we pick it up on the way to Enniskillen. Amazon delivers for free to the ROI when an order is over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

sligono1 wrote: »
    pedantic bull

cousin of the charolais bull, but doesn't breed too well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

sligono1 wrote: »
    whats your point if you even have one,so what about if its up or down,i dont like people trying to belittle a persons with pedantic bull,

Oh apologies, I wasn't trying to cause offence or belittle you either, so apologies if it came across like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Have to say I find the staff in lidl great the girls on the till are always friendly and will chat with you, bar one of them. Don't go to aldi much I bought babygros that were recalled for safety when I brought them back for refund the staff had no idea what I was talking about

• Advertisement

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Have to say I find the staff in lidl great the girls on the till are always friendly and will chat with you, bar one of them. Don't go to aldi much I bought babygros that were recalled for safety when I brought them back for refund the staff had no idea what I was talking about

It would be funny if that was not serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

It would be funny if that was not serious.
    Why do you find it funny?

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Why do you find it funny?

I have a strange sense of humour;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I still haven't been to Aldi. The mother goes in alright, they have lovely steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Dominos Pizza buy one get one free when ordering online. Medium & Large pizzas only. Use code 'ITSSUDOM'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Ben and Jerrys reduced to €3 in Tesco atm
    Oreo cookies, box of 10 packets w 2 cookies per pack reduced to €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Only ever get Ben and Jerrys when reduced. There's my major spend for the week sorted :)

Ben and Jerrys are reduced in SuperValu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

magnumlady wrote: »

Sssshhhhh keep it down or my missus will hear ya. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Three bales of Bord na Mona briquettes are €10 in Sligo Fuels. They are €10.50 for three in Connaught Gold. Every little helps! :)

• Advertisement

Half price sirloin steak in SuperValu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Goodfellas Deep Dish Bacon & Mushroom with extra cheese pizza in Centra Maugheraboy for €2. So nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

magnumlady wrote: »

And Centra apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Any deals around town in cafes? Back at the weekend and looking to meet a few people here and there.

Pretend I'm a bit more sophisticated but on the cheap if possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Any deals around town in cafes? Back at the weekend and looking to meet a few people here and there.

Pretend I'm a bit more sophisticated but on the cheap if possible :)

KFC :p

sorry. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

KFC :p

sorry. :o

I'm not made of money!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

OK, its not gonna make you rich, but OXO stock cubes at Lidl = €1.35

Buy 2 and get both for €1:50....

I don't think there was an OFFER sign up, I only noticed the reduction for 2 on the receipt...

(Vegetarian stock cubes also available:p)....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Was in Halfords in the retail park, Sligo and they have a few sat-navs in a clerance cabinet about 1/2 way up the store on the left.

They have a range from about 50 euro.

Might be worth a look if anyone is looking for a sat nav.

Advertisement