Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Yeah, the council stopped them from selling polish coal inside the borough.

So when are Connacht Gold and others going to be moving outside the borough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Gipo3 wrote: »
    So when are Connacht Gold and others going to be moving outside the borough?
    connacht gold require proof of address before they will sell you regular coal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

connacht gold require proof of address before they will sell you regular coal

Yeah, because they actually do that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I know of numerous people, myself included, who were asked for proof of address.

It's too much of a risk not to.

Sligo Fuels don't give a sh*t but CG definitely do.

Yeah, because they actually do that.....
    Basq wrote: »
    I know of numerous people, myself included, who were asked for proof of address.

It's too much of a risk not to.

Sligo Fuels don't give a sh*t but CG definitely do.
    there ya go:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

there ya go:rolleyes:

Coming from someone who lives in the borough I have never once been asked for proof of address and I would buy coal on a regular basis there. So yeah, I'll be sticking with my original statement.

:rolleyes: Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I've been asked and refused every single time I tried buying some. That was in cg, pet stop and sligo fuels.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I've noticed that lots of people have now got hens and I recently bought two myself and I've been buying all the necessary stuff for them. So far, I've discovered that Pet Stop at Carraroe Retail Park is cheaper than Connaught Gold for some items.

For example, 500ml of Poultry ACV Conditioner with cider vinegar is €6.29 at Pet Stop, while it is €10 in Connaught Gold.

They also have a container of red mite powder at around €6, annoyingly, I had already bought a (slightly larger) container at Connaught Gold which was €13.

Pet Stop's 20kg bags of layers pellets are around €10-11 but I recently bought a 25kg bag from Mulvey's in Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim for just over €9. I've only bought a 5kg bag from Connaught Gold so I don't know how much their larger bags are.

Hope this helps a bit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Hairdressing bargain - full head of highlights and cut for €65 in C&G hair design on Tobergal Lane, think that is their normal price all the time and they done an excellent job even if I do say so my self :)

Sure beats paying the hundred and something most of the other salons expect AND most importantly - I didn't get asked if I was going on holidays/out tonight/other nonsense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I got a cut, wash and blow dry in K2, Ballisodare for 25 euro. It's a special offer available Tues-Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I got a shave, wash and a blow job in the Market Yard

Ooops. :o Wrong thread :P

The small Tesco car park behind Broderick's is closed until Monday for re-surfacing. I also heard part of the Quayside car park is closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Went to the Village Food Fare in Collooney today for the second time. The first time I went there (on a Monday), there was very little on sale. Today, again, there was still very little fruit and veg and IMO a lot of overpriced meat. Very disappointing. Will stick to the greengrocer in Carrick on Shannon. :(

Nice coffee, though. :)

There is an Ice cream and sandwich bar opening in Wine Street on Friday.

http://www.facebook.com/fabiosicecream

Just spotted the BSG DVD box set in HMV for €59.99.I paid €84.99 for it in March,frak!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had a browse around the new Garys Cycle Store today. He has moved into one of the empty Quay Side units beside Dominos Pizza, across the road from where was previously on the Quay Street carpark.

Looks well. Nice layout, service area on view in store, loads of stock and selection. Been a while since I was even in the old store but was regonised straight away, he knows his stuff and his customers, which is always a plus for return trade.

:)

Cannings / Glynns have started selling O Hehirs stuff pre-packed.

Just got a 4 pack of chocolate flapjacks for about €2.50 (cheaper than actually buying them in O Hehirs tbh).

Were chewy and fresh still.. delicious. They also had various cakes (Jam Sponge, Mocha Sponge) and caramel squares, chocolate brownies etc.

Haven't seen it in any stores other than Cannings / Glynns.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Cannings / Glynns have started selling O Hehirs stuff pre-packed.

Just got a 4 pack of chocolate flapjacks for about €2.50 (cheaper than actually buying them in O Hehirs tbh).

Were chewy and fresh still.. delicious. They also had various cakes (Jam Sponge, Mocha Sponge) and caramel squares, chocolate brownies etc.

Haven't seen it in any stores other than Cannings / Glynns.

The Spar shop across from the Friary sells all of O'Hehirs stuff and sometimes they have them packaged at the deli counter the next day at 1.50 for a 4 pack because they're yesterdays but they're still fresh as a daisy :)
    Flapjacks, Caramel squares, Brownies, Jam swissrolls and apple turnovers in there!

Is Glynn's the Spar up Pearse Rd?

Old school names right there! :pac:

Lornen wrote: »

Tis indeed.. I call it Glynns, but think it's called Cannings now.

Had a chocolate flapjack and they were delicious.

And they're not in the actual O Hehirs Bakerys as often.. they always have chocolate brownies, but rarely flapjacks.

Tis indeed.. I call it Glynns, but think it's called Cannings now.

Had a chocolate flapjack and they were delicious.

And they're not in the actual O Hehirs Bakerys as often.. they always have chocolate brownies, but rarely flapjacks.

The o'hehirs opposite across from Clery's menswear and beside ej's always has them Basq, they're a firm favourite of mine along with the chester slices. Also try the one beside Kool Kidz.

AND, in that Spar across from the Friary they always have the brownies and flapjacks :) always!

• Advertisement

Lornen wrote: »
    The Spar shop across from the Friary sells all of O'Hehirs stuff and sometimes they have them packaged at the deli counter the next day at 1.50 for a 4 pack because they're yesterdays but they're still fresh as a daisy :)
    Flapjacks, Caramel squares, Brownies, Jam swissrolls and apple turnovers in there!

conways is owned by O'Hehirs :P

conways is owned by O'Hehirs :P

Learn something new every day! :)

Went for a bit of midnight shopping there on Wednesday night.

BOGOF on loads of the kitkat varieties.. I bought a small mountain of orange ones.

Om nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Dunno if this is the right place to ask this but couldn't seem to find another thread for it really

Where would you get borders for the walls?

Janine87 wrote: »
    Dunno if this is the right place to ask this but couldn't seem to find another thread for it really

Where would you get borders for the walls?
    any of the paint shops homebase connacht gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I get all my paint stuff in the Paint Pot on Castle Street. Really helpful the fella in there.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I get all my paint stuff in the Paint Pot on Castle Street. Really helpful the fella in there.

Ok must have a look there. I never seen a paint shop there

I don't think Connaught gold and homebase don't have borders to be honest. Otherwise I would have already seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

I don't think Connaught gold and homebase don't have borders to be honest. Otherwise I would have already seen them.
    Try decorplan/albany round the corner from busstop shop at adelaide st wine st junction

waterboy15 wrote: »

Try decorplan/albany round the corner from busstop shop at adelaide st wine st junction

Ok will do. Thanks.

Also any ideas where u can get nice tennis shoes? The one in johnstons court doesn't seem to have many shoes really. Only running shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Id say check Barton Smiths or John Kent. They'd be able to get them if they don't haave them I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

As part of Fiver Friday, am told for the next 4 weeks, Cannings on Pearse road are charging customers 5 euro instead of 9 for the the Car Wash.

Advertisement