Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad Sad Sad little man.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Terry wrote: »
    Is that a slang term?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Mairt wrote: »
    .... Although I've usually bags of patience ......
    Theres a new technique to cure that.
    Close your eyes and think of say a cyclist in those funny shorts hammering on your car roof for no reason at all before walloping through those 2 junctions without a bother, and you'll be right as rain again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

darkman2 wrote: »
    Can you park a car properly? If you cannot your a simpleton (i.e your brain capacity is limited or compromised to a few brain cells). Cant make it anymore simple. Unless you would like me to go so simpleton that you would look completely retarded?

When YOU'RE insulting another persons intelligence it's always good to use correct grammar, or pedantic obsessive compulsive grammar freaks like me will pick you up on it. Although I'm only picking you up on it because of YOUR offensive remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Dudess wrote: »
    And why do you find them so objectionable? From what I can see, they highlight the idiocy of a considerable number of this country's motorists on the roads. I'm not criticising you, I'm genuinely wondering what do you have a problem with?

You are obviously one of the members of said clandestine neo-fascist group as the site is only accessable to members. So what are you all planning next, assasination of illicit parkers? jailing of all provisional license holders? spray painting the lenses of traffic cameras? or what?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

"Fits like a gloovveeeeea!" :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Spook_ie wrote: »
    You are obviously one of the members of said clandestine neo-fascist group as the site is only accessable to members. So what are you all planning next, assasination of illicit parkers? jailing of all provisional license holders? spray painting the lenses of traffic cameras? or what?
    Warning given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Mairt wrote: »
    Yes.

There is a Hilton near there called the Airport Hilton at the junction Malahide Rd and N32... Area is called Northern Cross.

Darndale Opera House is a slang term for the Clare hall shopping Centre also nearby,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I can't believe the OP. I thought the note was hilarious. Learn how to drive and park and you wont receive notes like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

A 5 page thread on a fake parking ticket probably left on your car by a kid having a laugh... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Woot! 100th thread post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

assasination of illicit parkers?

Now you're talking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

the site is only accessable to members
    What are you talking about? I was able to bring up the site by just keying in the address.
    What's wrong with the idea though? I thought most people would be supportive of it. Especially taxi drivers. There are some motorists who make you wonder if they got their licences in a lucky bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Senna wrote: »
    Dont think this is a true motoring topic, so i'll put it here.

Me and the missus when shopping in tesco's this evening and when we came back to the car, the bellow message was left on the missus's window screen

ticket.jpg

Now, she admits that she was over the white parking space line, but there were no cars in the next 4 spaces!!!! She was parked at the furthest end of the car park with aleast 40 spaces closser to the enterance.
    And she had parked nexted to the trolley bay. The trolley bay wall is the start of the parking space so that spot is fairly cramp and had i been parking, i probably would have been over the line too.

But anyway the parking is irrelevant, that fact that some sad little man, took the time to find this PARKING VIOLATION, print it out, keep it (them) in his car and right down all the details of her car really does make me laugh.

Is this what people do in their spare time? Was this guy on such an ego tip that he thinks anybody will do anything other than laugh at the amount of time and effort put into this piece of paper? He wasn't even inconvenienced by her car taking up two spaces, if he was, fair enough, i'd still laugh my ass of but would take his point.
    No i guess he drives around looking for cars to stick it on and feels he is a crusader for the average joe.

How sad are you to be on here complaining about the fact that someone dared to point out your wife's bad parking (which she admits to)?

If that space was so cramped but there were so many others available, why didn't your wife bother to park properly in a space that wasn't so cramped??

There are some motorists who make you wonder if they got their licences in a lucky bag.
    They did, 1979. you probably know several yourself. Some famous radio presenters quite proud of them.:confused:
    Dave147 wrote:
    When YOU'RE insulting another persons intelligence it's always good to use correct grammar, or pedantic obsessive compulsive grammar freaks like me will pick you up on it. Although I'm only picking you up on it because of YOUR offensive remarks.

BTW I am really sorry about this, and I take little pleasure in it, considering the context of your post, but

"person's intelligence" and "pedantic, obsessive-compulsive"

It pays to be grammar perfect in a grammar putdown. Now please repost it 100 times correctly as punishment.:D

Oh yeah, the amnesty. But that only applies to people who are at least 45. I'm talking about much younger generations.

Oh yeah, the amnesty. But that only applies to people who are at least 45. I'm talking about much younger generations.
    Then ask yourself who taught them, who were their primary instructors, where did they get blase attitudes about road safety from?

The road safety attitude of the average UK youth is worlds apart from their Irish counterpart. Same goes for the parents. No lucky bags there.
    Just as one of many examples:
    None of them would dream of going on the road without a full licence.
    But then you are considered old if you havent passed by 19.

What are you talking about? I was able to bring up the site by just keying in the address.
    What's wrong with the idea though? I thought most people would be supportive of it. Especially taxi drivers. There are some motorists who make you wonder if they got their licences in a lucky bag.

Well I have a problem accessing the site since all it returns now is a message that says
    The website declined to show this webpage
    This website requires you to log in

Hence my conclusion that if you can see said web site then you are a member. My assertion that you are a member of a clandestine organisation still stands ( even if Terry does think it's insulting to you! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Well I have a problem accessing the site since all it returns now is a message that says

You're not missing anything.. just a bunch of idiots ranting on..

Me? A member? No... no... you got it all wrong, I swear! :(

Seriously, I'm not :)

I've just keyed in www.shitedrivers.com and it loaded no probs. Must be your computer/server/whatever (don't know ANYTHING about computers).

Me? A member? No... no... you got it all wrong, I swear! :(

Seriously, I'm not :)

I've just keyed in www.shitedrivers.com and it loaded no probs. Must be your computer/server/whatever (don't know ANYTHING about computers).

Well I apologise if thats the case but I don't see anything wrong here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Senna wrote: »
    i'll take time for something i find funny.
    I dont think he done it for the laugh?

So are you one of these people? do you think its a healthy pass time?

That was me that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I had no problem accessing that site.

You didn't go on a rant on their guestbook by any chance, Spook_ie?

As a Taxi driver why would I want to rant on a site thats so anti taxi? :)
    I do know that they did annoy members of the taxi driving community with some of the drivel posted on there and a few let rip at them for being so "holier than thou" in their attitudes, which in fairness anyone would do.

Anyways back onto topic, I deleted all cookies, that seems to have been what was preventing access, so I'm viewing it now and considering that they have a download form just for sticking on vehicles that "they" deem as infringing whatever rules or regs still smacks of a neo-fascist ( not clandestine anymore:) ) clique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

"sad sad sad little man " nobody saw this person yet you assume they were male and that he was a little male and just to make it a hat trick of assumptions you assume they were a sad little male . maybe just maybe this note was left by a very tall female who happened to be very happy as she knew how much hassle her simple action would cause.as a sad little man myself im just trying some positive PR for sad little men every where

Advertisement