Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad Sad Sad little man.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Made me laugh. If it has the added benefit of getting her to think twice about how she parks, a job well done and with good humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

I think it's great ! I wish I had a few of those ticket thingies.
    I see so many inconsiderate people taking up more than their fair share of space in parking lots...

This guys ticket seemed to do the trick aswell, OP -- it definitely seems to have gotten to you. I know people can be in a hurry and whatnot when parking but maybe your g'friend will take care to park between the lines in future...get in some practice for when the carpark actually is packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If her parking was as slipshod as your grammar and spelling ,then she deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ian_m wrote: »

Taking up more than one space is ignorant behavior

Your wife (or friend) will now think twice about parking over a white line.

++

Note did the job, however jokey it was. It's better than putting the windows in, which is what I feel like doing when I see ignorant parking. There's no excuse for sh*t parking. If it's cramped, park in an other space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Senna wrote: »
    She was parked at the furthest end of the car park with aleast 40 spaces closser to the enterance.
    Why would anyone do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hagar wrote: »

She's a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hagar wrote: »

She knows she cannot park for ****?

I've often been tempted to buy/make: http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com (I'm a mod of Boards.ie - having a life isn't even debatable.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Irish supermarket carparks are the greatest parking horror story on the planet because the cops do nothing about the sh1te that goes on in there:(

I thanks my stars every time I get my car out of one in one piece .
    If I have a choice of spaces i always stick mine between the 2 newest cars i can find .

If there is a space between 2 97 corollas I usually drive off and find another one.

The Horror :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wil wrote: »
    I mean Letterkenny is not a State or Province for a start.
    Its not worth the paper its photocopied on, bet Tescos wont even validate it.

letterkennys not that bad, oh sorry, you mean the ticket, reakon some one was getting a bit of a power trip printing of that rubbish,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Five minutes to print out a dozen of them and you're still grumpy about it hours later. Score one for the "sad sad little man".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Will the OP say whether he will allow his girlfriend to be so ignorant of others next time she parks?

Regardless of how many free spaces there are around you, being so sloppy just because no-one else is around is pretty lazy TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

++ little man

Nothing more annoying than retards who are too stupid and ignorant to park a car properly.. we as a nation need more people to take a stand, even if its only a little one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭chabsey

You admit to having had a notice placed on your car saying you park like a wanker. In all my years driving I've seen some spectacularly ignorant parking but I've never seen a car with a note like that on it. So it would be fair to presume therefore that's it's highly unlikely that you got that note the first time you parked badly. More likely is that you regularly park badly and on that one occasion you out did yourself by managing to park so moronically badly that someone felt obliged to point out your failings in note form.

With that in mind, and considering that you also admit that your girlfriend, who was parking far away from any other cars, surrounded by plenty of room to manouver, in a relatively empty carpark *still* managed to screw it up and yet you both walked away knowing it was badly parked!

Granted the message left could be somewhat less childish but the point remains the same. I agree with the guy who left you the first message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'd buy the little man a drink. so many ignorant feckers on the roads.

oh and OP, it doesn' matter how much over the line you are. even by only a few inches she still prevents someone parking in that spot (unless they have something stupidly titchy like a smart car or that)

my pet hate though is people who park on footpaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, you're right to be annoyed. You explained clearly that she wasn't obstructing anyone yet you still get a load of absolutely scathing abuse here. The space was tight, there was nobody else nearby - big difference between that and plonking your car across two spaces. The person who left the note was obviously dying for the day someone would do a really messy parking job, it hadn't happened yet, so he/she decided any old minor infraction would do. Was it even obstructing him/her? I mean, were there still a bunch of empty spaces next to her car when the two of you came out of the supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

hahaha major thread backfire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dudess wrote: »
    OP, you're right to be annoyed. You explained clearly that she wasn't obstructing anyone yet you still get a load of absolutely scathing abuse here. The space was tight, there was nobody else nearby - big difference between that and plonking your car across two spaces. The person who left the note was obviously dying for the day someone would do a really messy parking job, it hadn't happened yet, so he/she decided any old minor infraction would do. Was it even obstructing him/her? I mean, were there still a bunch of empty spaces next to her car when the two of you came out of the supermarket?
    If the space was tight then why not just park in the oh so many other spaces that were apparently availalbe?

Not only is the OP's partner a muppet for not parking correctly, but also a muppet for choosing the tightest space out of dozens of others!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I made the fatal mistake of removing trolley dents from herself's car. She's not worried/paranoid she'll get more, and will park hours away from the shopping centre in the most remote part of the car park to make sure. Sometimes she takes two spaces, and can't be talked to at all. The real issue here is the size of spaces in Ireland. They're bloody tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I find a reasonably effective approach (baseball bat not required) when someone parks in a Wheelchair parking spot is to ask the driver if they need help with their wheelchair.

Works both ways, help to those that genuinely appreciate it, and embarassment to the chancers.

Those stickers with the permanent adhesive look like they are probably more effective than yer mans photocopy. You see people going around with them for months.

Personally I wouldnt be bothered with the expense of stickers, I take the approach where practical and possible of parking against the drivers door. Kind of drives the message home a bit better when they cant get in to their car if it is badly parked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I find a reasonably effective approach (baseball bat not required) when someone parks in a Wheelchair parking spot is to ask the driver if they need help with their wheelchair.

Works both ways, help to those that genuinely appreciate it, and embarassment to the chancers.

Those stickers with the permanent adhesive look like they are probably more effective than yer mans photocopy. You see people going around with them for months.

Personally I wouldnt be bothered with the expense of stickers, I take the approach where practical and possible of parking against the drivers door. Kind of drives the message home a bit better when they cant get in to their car if it is badly parked.
    Not everyone who parks in a disable spot is in a wheelchair though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Actually, a lot of Irish people can't even drive in a straight line, can't use indicators, can't figure out which lane to be in on a roundabout, etc, so parking in between 2 white lines must be absolute torture!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hmmmmmmmmm. If the car was parked properly in the first place then this ticket wouldn't have appeared. The propblem here isn't the "Sad Sad Sad little man", it is the driver who cannot park properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Being disabled doesn't automatically put you in a wheelchair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I find a reasonably effective approach (baseball bat not required) when someone parks in a Wheelchair parking spot is to ask the driver if they need help with their wheelchair. Works both ways, help to those that genuinely appreciate it, and embarassment to the chancers.

The majority of disabled drivers I sell cars to don't have wheelchairs. They can have motor neuron diseases, advanced arthritis, etc. So not everyone will have a wheelchair. One or two of the boys I know with wheelchairs would tell you to mind your own business if you came about with a busy body attitude while they were trying to expand their chair - it's a socially vunerable time for the wheelchair bound, and they prefer not to have attention drawn to the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He is probably right, the car was probably parked like sh1te, wasn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Ha! Fair play to him. If you're going to be a sad little man, there are much much worse ways to go. That fella is doing it in style.

Godspeed, anonymous parking vigilante, godspeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Being disabled doesn't automatically put you in a wheelchair
    ned78 wrote: »
    The majority of disabled drivers I sell cars to don't have wheelchairs...... So not everyone will have a wheelchair. One or two of the boys I know with wheelchairs would tell you to mind your own business if you came about with a busy body attitude while they were trying to expand their chair -......

Apologies, didnt realise in my previous post it was necessary to spell out that obviously a bit of common sense is required**. but rather than spell out every eventuality to indicate how to use your own god given ability to read a situation sensibly, I'll mention just a few.

Most people entitled to use Wheelchair bays have prominently displayed Stickers.
    Most people with MND or other less obvious conditions will likely have such stickers and you wouldnt make such an approach unless they gave an indication otherwise.
    Casual use of your vision should give you a hint.

If in the event of some person who doesnt have such sticker displayed, ie technically not entitled to use the bay, then that common sense comes in to play - eg passenger in different car, old person, person on crutches, blind etc (fill in the list yourself)

However, a young, perfectly able bodied businessman parking across 2 wheelchair bays before running in to bank at lunchtime with no sticker displayed when there are other genuinely entitled drivers looking for a space, just because he is in a hurry and his time is much more important than anyone elses does not fit into this category.

In the unlikely event that he turned out to be a particularly proficient double amputee with prosthetics who left his sticker in another car, he might just be able to appreciate the obviousness of the situation and I would apologise referring to the amount of people who continually abuse these facilities and maybe even compliment him on his remarkable proficiency if it felt appropriate.
    He might just appreciate that some people realise these bays arent just convenient halting spots for joe soap to collect their takeaway, lodge cheques, post letters, whatever.
    All said I am not in the habit of hanging around wheelchair bays to research this, purely from what I see in normal course of life.

Do I now need to addend "use your common sense" to my otherwise usually lighthearted posts.

OTOH, Most of the wheelchair drivers I have known or met are excellent parkers and would put many of our lazy sloppy drivers to shame.
    Perhaps they tend to place a little more pride in their driving.

Meanwhile OT back to bad parking.

(**I realise this could descend in to a circular argument so please dont.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats some funny ****

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

There's a pedestrian shortcut from our train station car park to our estate and cars are prohibited from parking at the entrance to the shortcut. When some inevitably do, someone has taken to putting stickers on the car windscreen that say "I'm a selfish b*stard" or "I'm an ignorant f*cker". I thnk they're completely hilarious, and wish I'd thought of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I would hazard a guess that if you could view the pages of ****edrivers.com you would find the answer there, it would seem to be the type of person who would bother sticking notes on cars would probably be a member of said neo-facist site.
    Not that it in anyway excuses the OPs missus for being a crap parker in the 1st place

Advertisement