Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are there many commuters?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

are you from tullow or just live in tullow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

ShayK1 wrote: »
    are you from tullow or just live in tullow?

Just live there - like a lot of recent (last 3-5 years) arrivals in Tullow, I'm originally from Dublin.

Did anyone have their full tanks dipped by the Gardai/Customs this morning? What a f**king stupid time to do this.. Held me up for about 15 minutes trying to get past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

I'm living in Tullow the last year and work just off newlands cross. The worse part of the journey i find is the stretch from Crookstown to Kilcullen. As they are digging out for the new motorway at the Priory now I am looking forward to the day I can bypass this good awful boring stretch of road. Any ideas on a completion date for the new motorway or any ideas on how much time it will knock off the commute???

I think its due to finish 2010....

I suppose it takes you between 30 and 35 minutes from Tullow to Kilcullen?
    You'll still have to come to castledermot to join the new motorway but once you get onto it I can't imagine it taking more than 10 - 15 minutes to get to kilcullen but I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

I commute from Tullow to Rathfarnham, being doing it 2 years now. Takes 65-75 minutes in summer 70-80 minutes winters. It's pure distance never any traffic so I actually don't mind it. There's a lot of people at my work who live much nearer but take longer (northsiders travelling over).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

Did anyone have their full tanks dipped by the Gardai/Customs this morning? What a f**king stupid time to do this.. Held me up for about 15 minutes trying to get past

I just turned off and went through timolin / moone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

what time of the day were they doing that at? ive been off this week so missed my daily dublin commute:D

around 7am. Very Very GHEY!!

around 7am. Very Very GHEY!!

feckers.....

ill watch out this week so.. they can dip me all they want.. would love to run my car on other colour fuels though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just wondering, does anyone commute to Citywest via public transport ie either the train or bus? And how do you find it? I know the buses run past the park but i am unsure if the driver would let someone out around there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 squiggles

Far as i know you can only get the jj kavanagh or bus eireann to drop ya off on the N7.
    You'd have to walk it from there, guess it all depends on what part of the campus you work in after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i used to do celbridge to carlow in 50 minutes before any of these by-passes were completed or even planned! naas was the only bottleneck unless you got caught up in the sunday morning mass gridlock in clane or moone now it is easier to get the bus as it is just as fast as the train and goes right into the city centre!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i used to do celbridge to carlow in 50 minutes before any of these by-passes were completed or even planned! naas was the only bottleneck unless you got caught up in the sunday morning mass gridlock in clane or moone now it is easier to get the bus as it is just as fast as the train and goes right into the city centre!

agreed but its the coming out of the city part on the bus thats the woeful bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

patrickc wrote: »
    agreed but its the coming out of the city part on the bus thats the woeful bit.

Yeah, had to do it for a week one time and it was a nightmare. Got the 6 o clock bus up which got me into town for half 7 but coming home I got the bus at 5 which took about an hour to get to the red cow, then at least another hour-hour and a half to Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Ishmael wrote: »
    Just wondering, does anyone commute to Citywest via public transport ie either the train or bus? And how do you find it? I know the buses run past the park but i am unsure if the driver would let someone out around there?

I often had to get the bus from Carlow to Citywest, depending what driver you got on JJ Kavanaghs bus, they varyed picking places of dropping you off, one sound bus driver, would often pull the bus up to the green grass area just after Browns Barn to let me get off the bus safely, but from there I had a nice all walk up to my office, not nice to do in the winter, I often thought I was going to get blown off the bridge.

Other drivers wouldnt stop at Citywest, but would pull up near the turn off for Kingswood, and I had many a morning, to walk down the motorway against traffic, to get to my office, Thank God Im driving now, wouldnt fancy doing that again anytime soon.

Oh by the way, you had to ring JJKavanagh to ask them to pick u up in the evenings, as otherwise they would drive by you. Many a day I had to get another bus to bring me into the city, to get a train or another bus home.

So much for public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

car wrote: »
    I often had to get the bus from Carlow to Citywest, depending what driver you got on JJ Kavanaghs bus, they varyed picking places of dropping you off, one sound bus driver, would often pull the bus up to the green grass area just after Browns Barn to let me get off the bus safely, but from there I had a nice all walk up to my office, not nice to do in the winter, I often thought I was going to get blown off the bridge.

Other drivers wouldnt stop at Citywest, but would pull up near the turn off for Kingswood, and I had many a morning, to walk down the motorway against traffic, to get to my office, Thank God Im driving now, wouldnt fancy doing that again anytime soon.

Ok, Cheers for that, i was thinking the drivers wouldn't be too enthusiastic about stopping around there. I've never really seen anyone hopping off around there, usually they don't stop until newlands cross as they can pull in there.

I think i stick it out in dublin until i learn to drive. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

How bad was the N7 this morning with Black ice? A friend rang to say she never went to work as the traffic was mental and she turned around & is working from home instead

I travelled the N81 but it was grand

Advertisement