Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwiches - Trianglular or Rectangular. You Decide

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Rectangular
    I voted triangles.I like biting the corners. Read a couple of references to the protestant thing. I thought my mother-in-law was mad when she asked me why I cut my sandwiches 'the protestant way' ?? Whats it all about.
    What were Irish catholics doing to their sandwiches ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Who the f*ck in ireland eats sandwiches these days, poncey bagels ftw
    who the hell is voting triangular, triangular sambos are for fags, real men eat goddamn square sambos all right

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rectangular
    MooseJam wrote: »
    who the hell is voting triangular, triangular sambos are for fags, real men eat goddamn square sambos all right

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Circular sangwiches were cool but I don't think they make the slices of bread in circles anymore. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Rectangular
    Fanny **** wrote: »
    Just had a sandwich from Spar at lunch. My mother used to always cut the bread down the middle making 2 rectangular sandwiches and i never complained, they were always good sandwiches.

However anytime I get a sandwich in a shop its cut from top right hand corner to bottom left hand corner as you all know. They just taste better. maybe I'm mad, but i think they do.

Why do triangular sandwiches taste better ?

Which shape do you prefer?
    They taste better sir. They taste better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Triangles. But I'm theory a dirty proddy so thats clearly why ;)

I don't get the "4 triangles" though, used to ask O'Briens not to do that to my sandwich. 2 triangles is the goal...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Rectangular
    If you make it yourself cut it in rectangles but when you buy it in a shop they always cut it in triangular shape. Don't forget the 4 triangle method.

Step 1. Cut from top corner to alternate bottom corner.

Step 2. Repeat Step One on other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Rectangular
    MooseJam wrote: »

I thought fags eat cock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Rectangular
    coolhandc wrote: »
    lol 41 posts about how to cut a sandwich!:D

how dare you! this is possibly the most important thread ever*!! :D

*tongue in cheek...maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

either or, its a sandwich :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

As long as the bread is big enough for the filling, I'm happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ardysVzHwSA

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Who the f*ck in ireland eats sandwiches these days, poncey bagels ftw
    Pfft, triangles, what is this nonsense? In my day we didn't have triangular sandwiches, in fact we didn't even have triangle sandwich knives because we were too poor and had to make do with ordinary rectangle sandwich knives. But did it do us any harm? Absolutely not, because everyone else was just as poor. Some were so poor they couldn't even afford rectangle knives and had to rip their sandwich apart. Of course there was always the one posh kid whose mummy and daddy could afford triangle knives. He spent a lot of time eating his sandwiches with his head down the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Rectangular
    Triangle FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Rectangular
    Triangular all the way people!

ps. you forgot one option...not cutting the sandwich at all
    i know people who eat it like that.

Advertisement