Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwiches - Trianglular or Rectangular. You Decide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rectangular
    5starpool wrote: »
    If I make them myself I prefer them to just be stuff between 2 slices of bread as well, none of this fancy cutting lark.

Maybe Rig is right and it is a Sligo thing?

Don't take it in a bad way though. It's probably the unearthly fresh Sligo air that gives you an insatiable appetite, leaves you savages so hungry you don't have time to think about cutting sandwiches, you shovel them into your mouths and they barely touch the sides on the way down.

Rectangular
    Orange69 wrote: »
    You'll find that any attempt to make a triangular sausage sandwich will fall fowl to the same issues inherent with a banana sandwich...

It a common misjudgment made by those uneducated in the sandwich arts ;)

Incorrect, you are just an amature!

You slice the sausages in half, lengthwise, and place the flat sides down on the bread, put bread over top, cut into two triangles, and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Apparently it used to be a protestent/catholic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Rectangular
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Sure crusts are more filling!

And they make your hair curl.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If I make them myself I prefer them to just be stuff between 2 slices of bread as well, none of this fancy cutting lark.

Maybe Rig is right and it is a Sligo thing?

It could be. The exception to this rule though has to be the sausage sandwich. I agree with orange69 about wrapping the bread around the sausage. Otherwise when you bite the sandwich you risk the sausage sliding out of it. Can't waste the precious sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Incorrect, you are just an amature!

You slice the sausages in half, lengthwise, and place the flat sides down on the bread, put bread over top, cut into two triangles, and enjoy.

In my opinion that is way too much effort. Maybe I'm just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Triangular ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Rectangular
    Must say the poll is pretty conclusive. Overwhelming win for triangular (so far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Triangular all the way....

If you think about it, imagine holding a rectangular sandwich, you lean in about to take a bite and half the toppings fall out the other end...

Now look at it like this, 4 triangles or 2 rectangles, now the fact that theres 4 triangles would suggest they are obviously smaller in size, hence easier to handle, HENCE, no toppings would fall out!

ON THE OTHER HAND....you could be referring to rectangles as in 4 rectangles or 2 rectangles, I'm not too sure which as OP you never stated! lol
    Cuz if thats the case then we have a whole other issue here!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Rectangular
    Roast beef sandwiches cut in triangle, wrapped in tin foil and made by Mammy are the best. Yum! :p (Closest to a licking my lips smiley available)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

lol 41 posts about how to cut a sandwich!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who the f*ck in ireland eats sandwiches these days, poncey bagels ftw
    I prefer not to have my bread cut so I have one super sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rectangular
    Its silly to say they taste better: its the same sammich at the end of the meal :p

Triangle: less 'cheek mess' ; attractive appearance

square: more filling bites ; classic

There is no comparison: they both win but I dont complain when I buy a triangle sammich nor do i complain when I eat a square sammich.

And arent we forgetting: ROLLS :D pwn the sandwich

But more often than not i much prefer an uncut sambo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Rectangular
    coolhandc wrote: »
    lol 41 posts about how to cut a sandwich!:D
    The joys of AH on a Friday afternoon..... there'll be many more too no doubt!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In my opinion that is way too much effort. Maybe I'm just lazy.

A good sandwich is never too much effort. The only sandwich worth this effort is the following.

Buttered bread, 4 slices, to make 2 full sandwiches using the non slice method.

First, fried egg with spread yolk. Put onto bread, and sprinkle with salt to taste.

Second, 2 good sized rashers, 69ing each other as it were.

Thirdly, 2 sausages, Shaws are good, sliced, but the halves not seperated, lain across the rashers.

Put the bread on top, and repeat for the second two slices of bread, and voila, a heart attack heaven in a sandwich.

Sauce is something I would never contemplate with it, but I'm sure some of you others wouldn't live without it. Come to think of it, this is more of a BGRH post, but I'm too lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Rectangular
    Overheal wrote: »
    Its silly to say they taste better: its the same sammich at the end of the meal :p

Triangle: less 'cheek mess' ; attractive appearance

square: more filling bites ; classic

There is no comparison: they both win but I dont complain when I buy a triangle sammich nor do i complain when I eat a square sammich.

You're ignoring the concept of air flow during the sandwich eating process... A triangular sandwich promotes a greater degree of air in the mouth during the eating process. This enhances the taste.

Sauce is something I would never contemplate with it, but I'm sure some of you others wouldn't live without it. Come to think of it, this is more of a BGRH post, but I'm too lazy.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i prefer oval bread myself. never go near that rectangular stuff. i'd hate to have a sharp corner give me a cut.

A good sandwich is never too much effort. The only sandwich worth this effort is the following.

Buttered bread, 4 slices, to make 2 full sandwiches using the non slice method.

First, fried egg with spread yolk. Put onto bread, and sprinkle with salt to taste.

Second, 2 good sized rashers, 69ing each other as it were.

Thirdly, 2 sausages, Shaws are good, sliced, but the halves not seperated, lain across the rashers.

Put the bread on top, and repeat for the second two slices of bread, and voila, a heart attack heaven in a sandwich.

Ah you need a bit of chef tomato ketchup on that. Also that post made me hungry.

Rectangular

Sauce is something I would never contemplate with it

A man after my own heart. :)

• Advertisement

Ah you need a bit of chef tomato ketchup on that. Also that post made me hungry.

Jaysis AlmightCushion you're worse!!! If you're gonna go for ketchup...it's gotta be Heinz...Jaysus! If you're gonna do it, do it right! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Rectangular
    Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Jaysis AlmightCushion you're worse!!! If you're gonna go for ketchup...it's gotta be Heinz...Jaysus! If you're gonna do it, do it right! :p

...and of course it'll taste better if you bring it to work/school wrapped up in the wrapper of the sliced pan !!

Mustard, ketchup, mayonaisse. Listed in order of vileness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Rectangular

Are you serious?

Yellow mustard and ketchup are tastier than a really tasty thing..!

Mayonnaise tastes like satans ball sweat...

...and of course it'll taste better if you bring it to work/school wrapped up in the wrapper of the sliced pan !!

reeeeely??? hmmm i'll try it so...;)

Dijon Mustard....WOWZA!

de best ever tho...aran island red sauce...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

followed by gud aul ballymaloe relish! Thank u Darina Allen! Thank u...

Rectangular

Preach!

Orange69 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yellow mustard and ketchup are tastier than a really tasty thing..!

Mayonnaise tastes like satans ball sweat...

Couldn't be more serious. If I smell mustard I feel like vomiting. Vile substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Rectangular
    Roast beef sandwiches cut in triangle, wrapped in tin foil and made by Mammy are the best. Yum! :p (Closest to a licking my lips smiley available)

We need really to drum up more support for a licking lips/'drooling smiley. It's becoming urgent!

Rectangular
    Couldn't be more serious. If I smell mustard I feel like vomiting. Vile substance.

No doubt, it makes me hack. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Rectangular
    I voted triangles but it doesn't matter.

The art of sandwich making has died a death here. Its like the Irish Pride add - with the guy doing a piss-poor attempt at filling in a pothole - no one puts any effort into making a sandwich. Sometimes they are not even cut!!

Its all slung together, wham bam thank you mam!

And since when does the hot chicken go in last in a hot chicken roll, it's ridiculous.

Advertisement