Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwiches - Trianglular or Rectangular. You Decide

Options
  • 19-10-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Just had a sandwich from Spar at lunch. My mother used to always cut the bread down the middle making 2 rectangular sandwiches and i never complained, they were always good sandwiches.

However anytime I get a sandwich in a shop its cut from top right hand corner to bottom left hand corner as you all know. They just taste better. maybe I'm mad, but i think they do.

Why do triangular sandwiches taste better ?

Which shape do you prefer?

Rectangular or Triangular sandwiches? 94 votes

Triangular
    0%
    Rectangular
    81%
    JDxtraStarkShamoKevokChad ghostalSposstuxycarrotcakejobonarmise_me_feinmonkeyfudge*Page*neacy69NalaNooptithemoleRandomHungryJoeybounty_hunterDaelus 77 votes
    Who the f*ck in ireland eats sandwiches these days, poncey bagels ftw
    18%
    Mossy Monktony 2 tonePompey MagnusFozzyZaphBig EarsA Dub in GlasgoTar.AldarionNightwish5starpoolhumbertMooseJamcrosstownkVarkovjb91Simply Redmoco 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

if this gets you thinking you need more responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

They cut them that way in shops to make them look bigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Rectangular
    Trianglular

As demonstrated below :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Rectangular
    I agree, thats the fancy way of cutting them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Rectangular
    Funnily enough -- I agree.... Triangular taste better (in the mind or what I don't know) but I'm disappointed if I cut it in half retangularly by mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Rectangular
    *_____________*
    *____________*
    *___________*
    *__________*
    *________*
    * ______*
    * ____*
    *___*
    *_*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Rectangular
    Pythagoras would be encouraged with these results!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Its gotta be triangular with no crusts. Too much chewin and not enough fillin in the crusts. Plus dark crusts taste like burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

banana sandwiches - rectangle
    all other types - triangle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Rectangular
    we cut them into 4 triangles in work and i prefer triangular myself but if someone gave me a rectalgular sambo i wouldnt care less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rectangular
    Peared wrote: »
    Its gotta be triangular with no crusts. Too much chewin and not enough fillin in the crusts. Plus dark crusts taste like burnt.

Sure crusts are more filling!

I agree with star-pants, triangular sandwiches taste better, it's a known fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I shudda been more specific The Rigger, I meant not enough sambo filling.

Rectangular

True. Banana is an exception to the rule.

The structural integrity of a banana sandwich would be compromised by a triangular cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Rectangular
    Orange69 wrote: »
    True. Banana is an exception to the rule.

The structural integrity of a banana sandwich would be compromised by a triangular cut.

Very valid points... it's very true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Rectangular
    Triangular ftw! I went out for a pub lunch today and had a "hot joint sandwich" which is a sandwich with some of the carvery meat in it. it was gorgeous and made all the better by the fact that the nice sandwich making lady cut it in to triangles without being asked (I always ask them to when getting sandwiches). Plus, I could swear I was sitting next to Bill Bryson!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I prefer them to not be cut at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Rectangular
    In relation to banana sandwiches, I'm not really a fan but can see where people are coming from. Another exception is a crisp sandwich. I get a single slice of bread, cover half of it in crisps and then just fold it over. Ends up in a rectangular shape. Quite tasty too. To try fold it into a triangular shape would be too much hard work while the whole concept of cutting crisp sandwiches is, to put it frankly, ridiculous.

Rectangular

Well your just a savage from Sligo, aren't you. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

death to triangles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rectangular
    A sausage sandwich would also cause an exception..

The protocol here is to roll the bread around the sausage, forming a sort of bread 'coat' surrounding the meaty interior.

We should start a taxonomy of sandwich making. ;)

• Advertisement

Rectangular
    death to triangles!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's always one :D

A sandwich heretic!!!!

Rectangular

The protocol here is to roll the bread around the sausage, forming a sort of bread 'coat' surrounding the meaty interior.

good call

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Rectangular
    trianglular sandwiches are for protestants:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Often times we would have a full sandwich, then push a cup down on the middle of it which would leave a circle shaped sandwich. You could only do this with a sugar/jam/penut butter sandwich as other fillings would make it messy.

Circle ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

i prefer sandwiches i make myself rectangular,
    bought in a shop, triangular,
    but if they're toasted, i prefer to cut them at an angle, not from corner to corner, but not straight across either, but thats just me

Rectangular

We should start a taxonomy of sandwich making. ;)

Nonsense, that's just an option, a lazy one too.

You can make triangular sausage sandwiches, and of course, they taste better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

Rectangular
    I always got rectangular samwidges in school and I used to get jealous of the other 'cool' girls with their fancy triangular ones. I don't know why I never asked for them to be cut triangular..?

They definately are tastier though, and also, it's a known fact that odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing than even, so in sandwidge world, 3 corners looks nicer than 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Rectangular
    Has to be triangles, rectanlges just dont taste the same....its strange, but its a fact off life.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If I make them myself I prefer them to just be stuff between 2 slices of bread as well, none of this fancy cutting lark.

Maybe Rig is right and it is a Sligo thing?

• Advertisement

Rectangular
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Nonsense, that's just an option, a lazy one too.

You can make triangular sausage sandwiches, and of course, they taste better.

You'll find that any attempt to make a triangular sausage sandwich will fall fowl to the same issues inherent with a banana sandwich...

It a common misjudgment made by those uneducated in the sandwich arts ;)

Advertisement