Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes in Cork *spoiler if not seen yet*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

If they're going to put a place in, surely they could have a bit of cop on and do some research on it. Not just Cork, but all the other stereotyped places too. I don't know about the rest of the people commenting, but I'd almost prefer them not to have Ireland in at all, if they can't get it the slightest bit right. And lol at the importing iPods into Cork Harbour. God Almighty, you'd swear the bloody thing was set back in "the good auld days". I know our representation of the different sections of America is probably the same, though. Maybe at this point, all we can do is laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

It really is awful, I'm finding it difficult to watch this crap any more, Ireland is continuously in darkness it seems, I think it has already been mentioned that our security guards carry guns and cash is delivered in American style trucks and we have yellow registration plates on our cars, memebrs of the same family have different accents, ffs a little research goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

Just on yanks doing accents, I thought Mickey Rourke was pretty good in A Prayer For The Dying. Brad Pitt was excellent in The Devil's Own, even playing pool.
    That Star Trek guy also did a brutal accent in Prison Break, I thought he was supposed to be South African, but it turned out he was supposed to be French.
    The Brits get it right sometimes, Tim Curry in Blue Money, Pete Posthlewaith(sp) in Rat, Robert Carlyle in Angela's Ashes and Lenny Henry.
    Apparantly, when The Commitments was shown in America, it had subtitles.
    If we can put up with Tom Cruise in Far And Away, we can put up with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Or what about Chris O' Donnell in that movie on the maebh binchy novel, Circle of Friends.....he sounded like a feckin leprechaun....in all fairness the accents on heroes were shockin....shoulda got the cast of fair city to stand in, their wooden acting would actually have been an improvement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

so whens volume 3 out already? i expect a washout but im still curious to see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

hope this is still open for discussion.

Didn't know about this place and went straight to the nbc.com/heroes boards to have a good winge and to put it simply the yanks don't give a fiddlers about accuracy but take great offence at criticism.

volume two was a turd with exception of Monica and episode 9 [it goes without saying that HRG delivers everytime so, you know, I won't say it]

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh my god I just realised something.

This episode was IN THE FUTURE.

They weren't talking about iPods in a fake Cork accent, they were talking about iPads in a fake Cork accent! It all makes sense now!

And bump for sexy post #2

Advertisement