Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourselves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Hope to compete her soon, in Hunter trials and show jumping. 7 years old, 15hh a real diamond!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

She's lovely! And very well behaved if she'll stand in the field and let you take her pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

@convert Thank you so much! :) She follows me anywhere i go so cute!!

Yeah, it's really nice when they do that... makes life so much easier. My younster does that when she's lose in the yard and I go to get the tack to take her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Hiya
    I'm Hazel, live in Clare and at just turned 40, got my first pony since asking for one incessantly since the age of 10 !!! (Good things DO come to those who wait)

He's called Bracken, a Connemara(ish) gelding, 14.2 rising 4 years old and unbroken... well part-broken now as with the expert help of a good friend, I'm gradually working with him.

He's a love - very patient and no malice in him at all, just likes to push the boundaries and he has his stubborn/flighty moments. And yes, I do sometimes come in from working with him half sobbing "it's no GOOD..he HATES me"

Quite excited as been walking him in a Happy Mouth with roller and side reins for a couple of weeks now, and last week decided to try lying my 10 year-old daughter across his back for a little while (she bounces better than me !!)
    After a couple of circles he just stood and was happy enough for her to swing over her leg and sit up, and even walked up and down the driveway quite happily.
    (Daressay it'll be a different story when he gets my bum on him !!!)

25737_324745953378_654013378_3577273_7956790_n.jpg

25737_324745983378_654013378_3577274_3705002_n.jpg

• Advertisement

He's lovely. Isn't it so nice when they react positively to having a human sit on them for the first time?! It's so rewarding! :)

Keep us updated on how he progresses! Oh, and welcome to the forum! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Honestbutevil

Hi
    I'm Karyn. I'm 24 and from Donegal. I'm currently horseless but I'm looking for something, maybe a cob, to do some hacking and stuff with. I've been riding since my parents said choose Irish dancing or horse riding (I don't think anyone expected me to say Irish dancing cos horses won). My first horse memory was seeing my great uncle's clydesdale when I was 4 and being the only one out of the family to go "ME!! I Want on him." Then walking around on the horse (can't remember his name but he was a bay gelding) With my great uncle behind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 oreilloj

Hi everyone!
    I'm Liv, have just the one horse, his name is Bobby, of unknown breeding but would'nt change him for the world! Don't comete him mainly just have a jump around in the field and a hack around the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Hi all,
    Iv been snooping here for a while, admiring all the gorgeous photos but not had the courage to introduce myself! The name's Kim. I'm a 23 year old art student/trainee teacher living on the northside of Dublin!

I had an obsession with horses since I was tiny and occassionaly took lessons in Brackenstown Equestrian Centre at the weekends and LOVED it! I was never very good technically but spending the day at the stables...well it was like a child in a sweet shop! I remember my Mam never had any apples left in her fruit basket after the weekends, i'd always steal them to feed all the horses in the stables! :) For one reason and another I never kept the lessons up and at the age of 23 am considering going back to it! Does anyone know is Brackenstown still runnng? I heard a nasty rumour that the land was being sold for building on a few years back! Im based on the Malahide road at the moment and am subject to public transport so I might have to do some homework and find somewhere nearby who would have me for lessons! :P

Welcome to the forum! :)

Re. Brackenstown: you could try starting a thread in the forum with the name in the title (it might grab people's attention) and hopefully you'd get a few replies from people who know what the story is, and maybe they'd recommend somewhere if it has closed down. Hope you get sorted with the lessons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xBadWolfx

I have two horses atm. :) Nell is a 16.2 Irish Draught X mare and Luis is a 16.1 Irish Draught X gelding -I only ride Luis at the moment, but my 10 year old sister is riding Nell. I live in Dublin most of the time and have been riding now for 10 years. I'm 16 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hehe, would you believe, using this forum for a while, I never introduced myself! I'm Caoimhe and I'm from Donegal. Currently, I don't have a horse for myself but I have been working at a stable for quiet some time now and have rode many a horse! :) I go to competitions regualerly and ride everyday. Sometimes one horse, sometimes four! Horses are my life at the moment and I plan to have a career in them in the near future.:)

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hehe, would you believe, using this forum for a while, I never introduced myself! I'm Caoimhe and I'm from Donegal. Currently, I don't have a horse for myself but I have been working at a stable for quiet some time now and have rode many a horse! :) I go to competitions regualerly and ride everyday. Sometimes one horse, sometimes four! Horses are my life at the moment and I plan to have a career in them in the near future.:)

Is it too late for me to welcome you to the forum?? :D

I'm Dee, I'm 29. I live in Dublin, grew up in Wexford. I started riding when I was 5, got my first pony when I was 13 and very quickly my mother was also bitten by the horse-owning bug and we ended up with quite the stablefull. My pride and joy, a chestnut gelding called Harvey (15.3, bought as a 6 year old) was put into retirement 3 years ago with a heart condition, died last October quite unexpectedly at the age of 20. Mostly given up riding now, it's far too expensive for me now and I was so spoiled with my wonderful Harvey for so long I don't enjoy riding other horses as much! Used to compete a lot too, miss that very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

im stephen,17, from north cork, started riding wheni got my first pony aged three, whole family involved for generations, foxhunting is our main pursuit, all my father and uncles do, aunt does a bit of shwjumping, and im stuck in racing, as a point-to-point jockey, and i go hunting whenever i can.
    got two racehorses at home, along with the fathers hunters, and a few broodmares. planning to be a farrier when i leave school, thats my life story, so,... HI!!!!!!!

Hi guys, welcome to the forum! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Welcome sup_dude, and Dee and Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

hey ya, new to this boards.ie got too many horses, 3 and 2 half horses!
    a rescue tb gelding, who is my baby, a 4 yr old connie cross who right now is the vein of my life but love him any way, a rescue sport horse filly who is the sweetest gal going and 2 mini's... who are pure evil! but dead cute so who can complain!

Hi there... And welcome to the forum! :D

• Advertisement

Hi bullylover, welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

Hi everybody, I'm based in West Dublin and have been riding for many years at this stage. I had my own horse for nine years until he very sadly, had to be put to sleep due to illness. I then had a break from riding for a few years and now have a lovely horse on loan, we are happy hackers and also have done a bit of dressage this year - going to Brennanstown on Sunday so wish us luck :)

Welcome!

And best of luck on Sunday! Let us know how you get on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Hi all,

my name is Ali. I live in Dublin. I am 32 and from Turkey. I have taken basic course for riding when I was in Turkey and nowadays i am looking for a riding school to carry on. I have no rush so i am trying to visit riding schools in place in South Dublin to decide instead of just looking at the web sites of them, and of course comments on boards are helping me.

It is really nice to have first post on boards on equestrian forum.

Hi Ali,

Hi Angelmangle and Ali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CG1980

Hey all,

New to the forum here and only on my 2nd post so far.

Im 30 yo, live on the dublin/meath border, originally from Sweden but have been in Ireland for over 10 years. Have been horse riding most part of my life and have also been working professionally with horses.

Currently only have one horse, a 13 yo Tb gelding, who is the star in my life and my aboulote baby. He's a bit mad at times but love him to bits.
    Sold my other horse there during the summer as, due to recession, could not afford to keep them both :(

Welcome to the forum, CG! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

wow, been using this for AAAAGES and never spotted this! im 22 years old, been riding for ever and ever! have had several horses, currently have my dream girl, a great sport horse mare that im definitely unhealthily attached to.. do a bit of everything on her, recently got a jeep so intending to get a bit more serious with regular competing on the cards now, mostly been doing sji but hoping to do a few different things for the laugh as well - once we figure out our downward transitions im hoping to do a bit of dressage - i hear they're not overly impressed if you do the whole test in canter :)

love having a horsey forum, its been keeping me sane during the snow to go on and have a bit of horsey chat - keeps the equine withdrawal symptoms at bay!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Savvylover112

Hi everyone,

I'm Shauna. I'm from Louth and I'm 16 and have three horses of my own. I'm been riding since I got my first pony at age three who I still have. His name is Patch and I also have a mare called Phoebe and a yearling filly called Dreamer. I hunt showjump and do Dressage with Phoebe as she is my main horse at the minute. I hope to go to college to be a vet after I leave secondary school. That's my life so far anyway :D

Advertisement