Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

Ordered a Millenium drumset last week and got 3 different numbers (each almost 20 kilos!), with one of the numbers I get:

Shipment to abroad was processed at the International Parcel Station (IPS)

and with the other two I'm getting:

Departure from outward Office of Exchange in Country of Origin

The date for this statuses is the day and time my order was shipped, it's pretty frustating having no clue where my stuff is!

BTW for those people which number isn't working, did you check the box for international shipping in the DHL page?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ordered twice from them and having nothing bad to say about them. Got a 3/4 GK stack from them and shipping was only €15!!! Un-fcuking-beatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Got my first order from Thomann today - ordered last weekend, picked and shipped Monday, received today - no complaints in that respect.

One of the items was a set of Sperzel chrome locking machine heads - containing 6 machine heads, 1 washer and 5 nuts. The remaining 5 washers and 1 nut where nowhere to be found :( Since the carton is stuck together with sellotape, its apparent that its either returned or damaged stock - and at €77 its not exactly cheap.

Well I mulled over what to do, since I was replacing a non-locking set of Sperzels I had all the bits - and the hassle of sending it back - I just took the hit and fitted them and be done with it. But I'm disappointed with Thomann.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I would definately let know know about the problem. They might do something for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

Put in order last week then they wanted a copy of my passport and cred card
    now that dont seem to me to b safe.
    So i put in my order with mti they r cheaper and ill have it in ten days
    U should give them a call when u r looking for something they r better and there
    local
    stay safe
    blueman:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

I also had a bad experience, keyboard arrived with the weights broken off the keys.
    It was loosely packaged in a big box, with ****e plastic bags of air, only protecting 4 out of 6 sides of the keyboard.

Had it sent back, took they're time sending a replacement out by DHL Road, not airmail,

The amount of towns it passed through in the tracking info was crazy.
    I missed this delivery, and when i checked the tracking it was being sent back to dublin, back to Germany, no slip in the door to notify me, nothing!

Got a refund -> eventually.

I would recommend www.MusicTechnology.ie anyday over thomann.
    They match thomanns prices, theyre Irish, if they have the product in stock, youll recieve it the next day, otherwise theyll order it for you, and youll be waiting no more than 2 weeks.

I prefer to support an Irish company, especially when they match the prices of one of the cheapest online stores in the whole of Europe -> which is rare in Ireland!!!!

Only drawback is you have to order over the phone.

Cant understand why thomann didnt use good oul bubblewrap.

Switt Swooo!

I just realised MTI have updated their website, and have a catalogue for once!

I notice that a lot of the stuff they can order for you is not catalogued, so remember that if youre thinking of ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

So I ordered a Yamaha BB614 fretless today that I'd be talkin' about for awhile, can't wait to receive it! But the item page said under availability: On request.

So how long will I be waiting now? Will that add much to my waiting time?

SxE Punk wrote: »
    So I ordered a Yamaha BB614 fretless today that I'd be talkin' about for awhile, can't wait to receive it! But the item page said under availability: On request.

So how long will I be waiting now? Will that add much to my waiting time?

Their appears to be a bug on the thomann site.

You should be able to click the availabilty icon, and a window will popup telling which each means and how long to expect!

If you do search for your guitar, in the search results, you CAN click this icon.
    You can click it here:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/search_dir.html?sw=yamaha+bb614&x=0&y=0&gk=&bn=

But in the product info, you cant. Maybe you should report it!

Anyway to answer your question, and in case that seemed like a load of gobbildy gook::

"on request

Availability of this item is currently unclear or the distributor/supplier is unable to give us a delivery date. Please contact our team to receive more information on the availability of this item."

Looks like you should have contacted them before ordering it, to find out how long it would take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

No that was fine thanks.

I don't need it in a rush anyway. I've been getting to know my Cort GB74 better lately.

Man i really should of gotten laid tonight! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

As a busy drummer, I've ordered plenty of stuff from Thomann. Any new gear I'm buying beyond a pair of sticks or the odd clamp which I can pick up from a shop for handiness sake, I consider thomann straight away to buy from.

Just recently before xmas I purchased an entire set of Hardcases and a hardware hardcase for my setup.. Granted it did take a fortnight to come, it arrived in perfect condtition and although I live out the backa**e of the country, the guy from DHL was sound on the phone and found my place without any problems.

I've also ordered a drum rack, cymbals and a snare from them over the last few years, never really had a problem.

I'd highly advise thomann to anybody going to buy new gear. You really feel like your dealing with people or a company as opposed to webshop interface if ya get me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Are Thomann still using DHL for delivery? My amp turned up in a rather non-descrept rusty blue van last week. It wasn't damaged or anything, just wondering. Also how come DHL never ring me when they deliver? Thomann have my number. Collecting from the DHL depot is some effort without a car. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Just ordered an MIM Strat off Thomann. Have to say, so far they have been nothing short of excellent. They shipped it in roughly 2 hours of ordering, at which not only did I get a confirmation email but an SMS too. Furthermore, they created an account for me (I did not have one at the time of ordering) and emailed me access details so I could check my order status.

Very promising so far -- they don't just hold back interest in their consumers after they take your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

I bought two amps from Thomann over the course of January. Both came in a week via DHL.

Most satisfactory. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Ive spent thousands on thomann, bought 2 PAs etc, and have never had a problem with them, there really good value and there shipping is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Thomann is good but I'm still waiting for a roland cube that I ordered before Christmas. it was part of a larger order and everything else arrived quickly so can't complain too much. Though I have to say, their customer service skills are awful. If you email them, you may not get a response. If they do respond, they usually don't answer all questions and you normally get a one-sentence reply. That's not really good enough when you're spending thousands on gear. When they're good, they're very good. When things don't go well, they're a real headwreck to deal with. They're like the NTL of music!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hmm, this is interesting. I placed an order with Thomann this morning at 12:30. I just got a text saying it's shipped. That's an impressive turn around for an order with 10+ items in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Placed an order on Sunday, shipped on Monday, delivered on Friday.

Good stuff from Thomann yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I ordered a midi controller in november in preparation for a string of gigs starting in January. I presumed at Christmas the post would be busy so I'd understand if it didn't arrive until january, that's giving them 2 months to send. There wasn't a word from DHL, I eventually found out that they sent the parcel back to Thomann, and this was after I contacted THEM. Neither company had any intention of letting me know that this happened.

So after thomann refunding the money, the shipment was re-ordered. I waited until the end of February. Nothing. I've been ordering off thomann for years, some quick with a great service, and some the complete opposite. After talking with them on the phone, Thomann eventaully admitted that DHL couriers probably couldn't be bothered finding the house and that they had either lost or kept the package (despite delivering parcels here dozens of times).

They sent it on a third time, this time with UPS who are apparently better, but it's been over a week since it was sent and there's still no sign of it. They didn't send on any tracking number or anything.

If I had known I'd have gone through this much hassle, I'd have paid the Irish price for it.

Oh, and Thomann have now put the price of the controller up by 10 quid after getting the new batch in especially to send on to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Got my stuff delivered today after missing delivery yesterday. Fair play to Janean from DHL for getting my stuff out to me today!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I've bought from them as well with no probs but am now looking at a new guitar nd I was casually going to get it from them (here) but luckily I decided to google it and it's available for up €130 less in a couple of online UK suppliers! (example). Factor in the free thomann delivery and it comes down to bout €110 more expensive than some UK sellers. The Euro is strong against Sterling at the mo so UK stuff may be a better option. Just don't assume Thomann will be in or around the cheapest out there. Musicstore.de is even dearer than thomann for this item too.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Murph, very good. I was guilty of assuming that Thomann would be cheapest out there but I was just using Google's UK product search there and I've been able to beat their price on everything from strings to amps and so on. In fact, I managed to save a fair whack of money of a tiny terror in this way so yeah, seems like the UK guys like Dolphin Music and GAK are cheaper yet again.

To add some balance to an earlier comment I made, my much delayed amp has now been shipped from Thomann and after I complained a bit, I got them to throw in a freebie to make up for the hassle which is worth around 50 quid.

Unfortunately, since looking around, I actually could have had the amp for a lot cheaper so shame on me. Still glad that it's on its way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paul Daly

I just ordered a warwick corvette off thomann,now its taken them 2 months to actually get it shipped:( apparently this was because warwick were having massive delivery problems but still two months is a long time,and also for warwick thomann seem to be the cheapest by far.i ended up paying only 934 for the bass(http://www.thomann.de/ie/warwick_corvette_std_bubinga_4_aa.htm) when even on warwicks own site the r.r.p. is 1200!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Thomann isnt the cheapest any more..

From Gak i could order a American Standard strat and Vox30ad for 1000 euro includin shippin and from thomann its 1022 just for the strat...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I wish Thomann would split orders if parts are back ordered. I just ordered another instock pedal and they are sending that and not 3 others which are part of an order with back ordered items. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Hmm... I received delivery of a Zoom H2 and it appears to be faulty (SD card wont read). I have mailed the customer service people, but what happens for the return? Do I get a DHL slip to return, or does this cost come out of my wallet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Hmm... I received delivery of a Zoom H2 and it appears to be faulty (SD card wont read). I have mailed the customer service people, but what happens for the return? Do I get a DHL slip to return, or does this cost come out of my wallet?

Did you upgrade the firmware? I had a similar problem on my H-4 and upgrading the firmware fixed it. It's available on Zoom's website.

http://www.samsontech.com/zoom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Did you upgrade the firmware? I had a similar problem on my H-4 and upgrading the firmware fixed it. It's available on Zoom's website.

http://www.samsontech.com/zoom :)

Unfortunately, the firmware it has on it is version 1.3, but another problem is that when the SD card is in the unit, it still wont recognise the drive on my PC. I think the reader is actually faulty, so I cant even see the damn thing on the computer! I have used the 512MB card that it came with, plus the 2GB card I got from Thomann aswell...

Will I have to pay for the shipping back? Anybody here returned anything recently?

Advertisement