Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options
  • 11-10-2007 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

As has been long proposed.....

"Endless numbers of posts (Often from new members) appear on the instruments forum regarding Thomann.de

The usual questions that appear include

"Are they reliable"

"Will my guitar be delivered"

"How long does Thomann Delivery take"

Well, all will be revealed in this thread.

Thomann are based in Germany. They are very good for shipping etc. Most items are shipped same/next day of ordering. Most items are sent by DHL, occasionally UPS. Something shipped on a Monday will usually reach your front door by Thursday. It has been found however, that heavy/bulky items can take a while longer (large PA speakers, for example).

Naturally, the very occasional item may arrive slightly damaged, usually in transit. However, Thomann customer service are very kind for arranging a replacement- as in my case, they had a UPS pickup of the damaged product arranged the same day.

They have an English speaking customer service department, phone number is available on their website.

There have been no reported incidents (On boards) of them taking money and not handing over goods."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

i've had a bad experience with them, had to get something broken sent back and had to pay for shipping myself, it wasn't worth the grief of dealing with them to get it picked up. found them to be a royal pain. they also took 2 weeks to ship an in-stock order

but i'll probably use them again cos the prices are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

had few bad experiences too but a shipment arrived perfect the other day in prety ok time i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I've always had perfect service from them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've stuck it.

And to add to the thread, I've nothing but good experiences from Thomann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I've mostly good experiences, but sullied by one particular bad transaction. They sent me the wrong stuff, problems with credit card mis-charges, refunds, kept forgetting to send me what i'd ordered...just general stupidity tbh. When they finally got their act together, they sent the right oder to the wrong address, it looked like it was written in crayon or soemthing, basically unreadable, went to Cork or something instead of Dublin, queue more delays...:rolleyes:

Their service is just pretty lousy when something goes wrong, hard to get any answers out of them.

I still use them after that...so go figure :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Be aware that just because an item has the "green bars" (= in stock) when you order it, is no guarantee that it will still be in stock when they go to pick and ship it the next day.

Also in my experience they are pretty good at replying to your emails before you place your order but absolutely refuse to answer any emails once they have your money. :mad:

I'll probably still order from them in future too cos they're so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sticky! woohoo!

In my experience with any internet shop re email they are slow to answer once they have your money

Their good on the phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've had lots of good experiences with Thomann and only one bad one. The bad one finally got sorted, but I wasn't happy with the time it took to sort it. But better late than never. And, yes, I'd use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 skippergonzo

I waited 3 months for a specific fat strat and amp both arrived in good condition i would not hesitate to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭fuse

So what is the deal when your product arrives and fails to work properly.
    Who should pay for the return & resending of the item?
    Surely the customer shouldn't pay any extra to have a faulty item repaired

• Advertisement

When I have had to send an item back, they have emailed me a UPS shipping sticker, and have arranged for UPS to come pick the item up, not out of my pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Liam2

Dealt with them quite a bit but last two occassions I ended up having to conact them by phone because they didn't respond to emails...didn't even get an apology...I won't be using them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GWK

I have bought many items ioff them and and quieries quickly dealt with. They respond pretty quickly by e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ok, it's coming up to christmas, anyone know how thoman are coping this year?

I seem to recall there being a lot of delays last year.

I just ordered a Xiosynth yesterday, I presume i'll have it within 19 days??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 roadrunner41

I bought a strat of Thomann on the 26th of November (11days ago) and it stilll hasnt arrived?

Should i be worried at this stage? :(

Anybody else buy gear of Thomann recently and find it is taking long to deliver?

Cheers!

It's coming up to Christmas time, everything is going to take ages, I got a DVD yesterady that took a week longer to arrive than another that was sent at the same time.

So no, I don't think you need to be worried at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well, í ordered from Thomann last week, arrived in 4 days as normal. Did you get the txt saying its left? I'd drop them a call/email. Thats the thing with them, no tracking numbers. You can ask them to ship with UPS. There is a charge, but atleast its not delivered by the men in th White Van and you know where the bloody thing is...

11 days, thats long enough tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Did you get a message from them telling you it has shipped? Did you check the tracking number? Did you call Thomann?

Hey cheers for the help.

I got the text saying it had been shipped on Tuesday the 27th. I stayed at home yesterday expecting that it would arrive but it didnt!

I e-mailed them last Friday to aski for a tracking number and got this reply. I am half thinking of ringing them now.

My friend ordered a rake of gear from them on the same day that i bought my guitar and recieved his last friday.

Hi there,

As your orde ronly left us on the 27th it will take at least a working week to reach you. As tracking numbers are allocated when your goods arrive in Ireland we are unable to offer any online tracking at this point.

If goods have not arrived in a weeks itme please contact us again so we may track your parcel

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well i guess you're just going to have to wait....Can't see why its taking that long.

Thats why musicstore win! Tracking number and ups standard shipping as standard...

• Advertisement

Just got a tracking number from Thomann this morning and it turns out that my strat has been sitting in DHL’s Dublin Depot since last bloody Friday! When I rang DHL they said they tried to deliver it to my address but it wasn’t clear where i live. They also said they didn’t have a contact for me so they couldn’t ring and tell me. What a load of sh*t, they must have had it because I gave it all exactly to Thomann.

Fair play to Thomann they have been replying to me by e-mail and helping me out with this one. The blame is on DHL, damn you DHL!

I now have to choose between driving over and collecting it today from the DHL Depot, or waiting until they try and redeliver it to me on Tuesday. What should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I ordered a pair of headphones a week or two ago from Thomann. Pretty quick service, I got them in about 4 days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I don't get it. There's a Thomann sticky thread for queries like this because new threads were popping up every other day with the same questions.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Cheer up, you'll be playing a Strat soon either way.

Savman wrote: »
    I don't get it. There's a Thomann sticky thread for queries like this because new threads were popping up every other day with the same questions.:confused:

Quit yer gripin'! Threads merged yay lol ftw! :D

Sorry, im a bit of a boards noob and didnt notice the Thomann sticky thread up top...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Just got a tracking number from Thomann this morning and it turns out that my strat has been sitting in DHL’s Dublin Depot since last bloody Friday! When I rang DHL they said they tried to deliver it to my address but it wasn’t clear where i live. They also said they didn’t have a contact for me so they couldn’t ring and tell me. What a load of sh*t, they must have had it because I gave it all exactly to Thomann.

Fair play to Thomann they have been replying to me by e-mail and helping me out with this one. The blame is on DHL, damn you DHL!

I now have to choose between driving over and collecting it today from the DHL Depot, or waiting until they try and redeliver it to me on Tuesday. What should I do?

Typical, again I found Thomann to be grand, I'd noticed the same thing with DHL for my order a couple of months back, was getting it delivered to my folks house which was really really easy to find, so I rang DHL and the girl was saw what it said about being difficult to find, then saw the address and told me how she even knew how to get there - apologised and it was delivered the following morning, courier companies and even An Post are getting so bad these days, was home sick last week and twice they just stuck notes in the door saying collect at sorting office without knocking.......off topic rant over.....

DHL being lazy.........

Does anyone find the tracking numbers thomann supply do not work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

DHL being lazy.........

Does anyone find the tracking numbers thomann supply do not work?

Yea, that's really bugging me. The parcel number they they gave me wont throw up anything on any one of DHL's tracking options.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The tracking number worked for me. :confused:

Advertisement