Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Can anybody vouch for Thomann with regards to how they treat guitars when they send them over. Thinking of getting a Fender Sonoran and just wondered if anyone had recent experiences delivery-wise?

(And if someone hear knows anything about Fender Sonorans, spill dammit! :) )

Bought my acoustic guitar and my jazz bass off thomann, both arrived fast and perfect condition.

The jazz was a little different shade of blue than was in the pic, but it grew on me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marwil70

Never had a bad experience with them, always good communication, product always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Their products have always been in perfect condition for me. At times, stringed instruments could be set a with slightly more care but that's only a minor complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Can anybody vouch for Thomann with regards to how they treat guitars when they send them over. Thinking of getting a Fender Sonoran and just wondered if anyone had recent experiences delivery-wise?

My brother got a Fender acoustic guitar from Thomann and only realised later when he brought it to be set up, the tech told him that it was damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Well, I recently received my Squier Fender Vibe 50s Tele from Thomann and it arrived 100% perfect and no issues whatsoever. It was also set up nicely and ready to play. Beautiful guitar, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭KH25

I ordered an Epiphone V from them and it came in perfect condition and set up nicely. Could not have been happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Does anyone have any current discount codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

My brother bought a Fender acoustic from them. When he later went to get it setup by a luthier the luthier said that it was actually damaged in some way and that he couldn't do a job on it.

He ended up getting a replacement or (possibly repair) off Thomann, this was sometime after now, 6 months on. Thomann refunded his postage costs back to Thomann. He had to provide the documents that proved he had bought off Thomann. As I said before, he hadn't noticed the damage. The guitar actually played well enough as far as I recall with the (minor) damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ali24Mc

Does anybody know how long the delivery from thomann takes to your county when it says on the website that the delivery has arrived to Ireland? An post doesn't recognize the number that thomann has given me!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

It´s probably in Portlaoise, so a day or two I´d imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to return an amp to Thomann or MusicStore? I'm interested in buying something. I had an amp shipped to me from Germany using DHL for €30 in 2006. I expect the other direction to be enormously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to return an amp to Thomann or MusicStore? I'm interested in buying something. I had an amp shipped to me from Germany using DHL for €30 in 2006. I expect the other direction to be enormously expensive.

Is it in case something's faulty? If so, they mailed me a prepaid postage thing and all I had to do was print it out, stick it on the box and get the receipt for tracking purposes.

No, just in case I don't like it!

Ordered one of those Powerplant Juniors last weekend, shipped on Monday but the tracking has been updated since 5 am on Tuesday. Had hoped to have it for the weekend seeing as they quote 3-5 days for shipping but ah well.

I had the same thing reciently. My order was sitting in a DPS depot on Koln for 4 days. but as soon as it got to ireland i had it next day. So much for german effeciency. If it leaves germany before the weekend you should have it monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

I returned an Ibanez I didnt like & they deducted €30 from the refund.
    Thats about a year ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Ordered one of those Powerplant Juniors last weekend, shipped on Monday but the tracking has been updated since 5 am on Tuesday. Had hoped to have it for the weekend seeing as they quote 3-5 days for shipping but ah well.

I'm just about to order two of those lads, one for the pedalboard and one for the workbench. Can't go to far wrong fro 30 quid.

They updated the tracking, it was in portlaoise at 14.30 today so maybe by some stroke of luck it might be in the local sorting centre and be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

well folks, i ordered a load of stuff off thomann there a couple of weeks ago, stands leads etc. but one of the leads doesn't work reliably (no problem on the night, was a spare) and it turns out we don't need one of the pickup sets we need. if i send that back will it have to be seperately or what's the story? also what are they like for delivering large PA sets (power mixer, two tops, stands and leads)? looking into some stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Nertballs wrote: »
    well folks, i ordered a load of stuff off thomann there a couple of weeks ago, stands leads etc. but one of the leads doesn't work reliably (no problem on the night, was a spare) and it turns out we don't need one of the pickup sets we need. if i send that back will it have to be seperately or what's the story? also what are they like for delivering large PA sets (power mixer, two tops, stands and leads)? looking into some stuff there!

Regarding the first issue (returns), your best option is to call them. Don't be shy, they are nice and polite and speak perfect English :)

Regarding the delivery of large items, their couriers are perfectly capable. A friend once got a very large delivery, it arrived on a pallet. They will arrive in whatever packaging they were shipped in from the factory by the manufacturers, possibly with some additional protection.

• Advertisement

I'v a package sitting in Koln since the 4th. I have a tracking number but it is'nt working for either DHL or An post. How much longer can i expect to wait?

DHL are very poor lately. I sent an item back to Thoamann for replacement the first week in December. An post sent it from portlaoise to ballymount then back to portlaoise then to London then to Germany. It took a week to get to Germany. It then took until after Xmas (29th) to get to Thoamann. They processed the return item by 2nd. It's still in cologne.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone know how long delifery might take these days?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Thanks

I ordered a few bits and pieces Saturday week ago, shipped Monday and arrived Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Thanks

You can expect anything from a few days to a couple of weeks--but only at this time of year--normally its pretty good service. Also depends a lot on the size of the package. Small ones arrive quickly.
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hey, in case of defects and the three year warranty do you get shipping costs reimbursed or covered? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

sweetie wrote: »
    Hey, in case of defects and the three year warranty do you get shipping costs reimbursed or covered? cheers

Nope, its usually a case of pay your own shipping costs both ways unfortunately

rusty999 wrote:

Cheers.

I would strongly consider buying from UK shops at the moment as the euro is strong against sterling at the moment. The euro is also weak against the dollar, so comparatively prices are higher on the likes of Thomann than in the UK.

I would strongly consider buying from UK shops at the moment as the euro is strong against sterling at the moment. The euro is also weak against the dollar, so comparatively prices are higher on the likes of Thomann than in the UK.

You would think but having compared them the best price I got by far is in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

rusty999 wrote: »

With Thomann if there is a fault with the product they will cover the shipping costs,

If you just dont like the item and want to return it then you pay shipping.

Advertisement