Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 garbin

Hi guys,

I need to get a pedal (Big Muff Bass) and a hard case for my Epiphone Lucille, my 2 itens together are a bit over 100 euros I need 99 euros more to get free shipping but there isn't anything I really need at the moment.

Would like to know if anyone else in Cork would like to order something together, I pay for everything then you just pass by my place to collect and pay me for whatever you order, I live in Blackpool near the city centre.

My contact are <snip>

Cheers.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Anyone in dublin doing a thomann order?? No credit card here...

happy to "sweeten the deal" as well... Just PM me...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

Did Thomann bring up the price on a bunch of guitars?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_les_paul_ultra_iii_ms.htm
    Ultra III, it was 511 last week, now it's 539.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_les_paul_tribute_plus_bc.htm
    Les Paul Tribute was 549 last week, it's 589 now..

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    Did Thomann bring up the price on a bunch of guitars?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_les_paul_ultra_iii_ms.htm
    Ultra III, it was 511 last week, now it's 539.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_les_paul_tribute_plus_bc.htm
    Les Paul Tribute was 549 last week, it's 589 now..

:(

Yea they have upped their prices a bit on a lot of kit I think it's the time of year wait till Jan if your not in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭goblin59

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    happy to "sweeten the deal" as well... Just PM me...

if only i seen your comment 2 weeks ago,
    just ordered a load of guitar parts from thomann and could have put it on the list.

I think they take laser if you have a laser card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jordo141

I've had great experiences with them.

Worth noting that if an order is over 200 euro; shipping is free (otherwise 15 euro).

goblin59 wrote: »
    if only i seen your comment 2 weeks ago,
    just ordered a load of guitar parts from thomann and could have put it on the list.

I think they take laser if you have a laser card

They don't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You can buy those 3V prepaid vouchers for PayPal, I've done it a couple of times for small bits and pieces. There's a fee for them however, but it's not too much I don't think.

Edit: It's a fiver for vouchers between 110-350, not bad at all https://www.3v.ie/help-3V-vouchers.html

stetyrrell wrote: »
    You can buy those 3V prepaid vouchers for PayPal, I've done it a couple of times for small bits and pieces. There's a fee for them however, but it's not too much I don't think.

Edit: It's a fiver for vouchers between 110-350, not bad at all https://www.3v.ie/help-3V-vouchers.html

hmmm... thanks for the tip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

I want to get a guitar, amp and some smaller bits and pieces...leads and straps and the likes from this site, can anyone comment on how long it will take for it all to arrive and if they will send it all via courier as opposed to the small stuff being posted out and the guitar and amp being delivered by courier?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my amp was picked up by dhl in cologne at 02:55 on tuesday mornng not had an update since :(

arrived in ireland at 01:12 thursday :)

still in dublin

an post just delivered :D fri 11:00am

shame about euro plug and german manual though

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FruscianteFan

I want to get a guitar, amp and some smaller bits and pieces...leads and straps and the likes from this site, can anyone comment on how long it will take for it all to arrive and if they will send it all via courier as opposed to the small stuff being posted out and the guitar and amp being delivered by courier?
    Thanks!

I placed an order on New Years Day, one of the items was out of stock so I removed it and it shipped on Tuesday. I just got it yesterday. As long as everything is in stock you should have it in about a week!
    my amp was picked up by dhl in cologne at 02:55 on tuesday mornng not had an update since

I have noticed in the last few months that pretty much all shipping companies have really scaled back their shipping updates. That goes for DHL, Fedex, USPS, even An Post. Whether the package is coming from the US, England, Germany, etc. they always go so far on the updates and then nothing changes until after it arrives. I had the same problem with my last order from Thomann. It said it was en route to destination country for days but then once the stuff was delivered the other tracking info was filled in. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Thanks!

Got a sheraton, case, mic, interface and some leads back in July, arrived within 8 days in two separate deliveries, one day apart. Didn't seem to be any method to their arrival - small bits arrived both days, same courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

Hi all,
    I'm just after receiving a load of stuff of thomann one of which is an Ibanez IBZ15GR guitar amp.
    The amp it seems is faulty and i know the obvious thing to do is to contact thomann and organize a replacement, but the impatient side of me thought i might ask here in case it sounds like something simple i could do myself.

I plugged it in, had the volume turned down all the way, power is on okay and it kinda of sounds like the noise you hear from an amp with the volume turned up all the way without playing anything. I've tried both another guitar and another lead so its definately the amp.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

That's common on amps (particularly cheaper models when on the overdrive channel).

Turn the volume up and play some chords - the buzz won't be audible.

KylieWyley wrote: »
    That's common on amps (particularly cheaper models when on the overdrive channel).

Turn the volume up and play some chords - the buzz won't be audible.

Cheers for reply,
    Sorry i should of been clearer its not just the noise but the amp doesn't work at all, as in nothing while playing guitar and making sure both volumes are up

Ok i jumped the gun a bit it was the lead.
    Fairly unlucky to have 2 faulty leads but then again they are about 10years old.
    Only starting to get back into guitar and gonna fix them all up tomorrow.
    Thanks for your help again.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Going to be putting in an order early next week if anyone needs anything and wants to split the shipping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 neill1122

The problem with thomann is that they are implementing Irish VAT rates ,whilst at the same time exporting to Ireland!!
    This is illegal under eu rules!!
    Most times one can avail of the vat rate if the country you are buying from!!
    Thomann is the only one I have come across doing this particular scam!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

neill1122 wrote: »
    The problem with thomann is that they are implementing Irish VAT rates ,whilst at the same time exporting to Ireland!!

Amazon do the same afaik - I find it hard to believe that two huge retailers like these are doing illegal stuff!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

neill1122 wrote: »
    sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon do the same afaik - I find it hard to believe that two huge retailers like these are doing illegal stuff!

Actually, it's perfectly legal and is the way VAT is supposed to be calculated:
    The VAT due on the transaction is payable on acquisition of the goods by the taxable customer in the Member State where the goods arrive. This is known as "intra-Community acquisition". The customer accounts for any VAT due in his normal VAT return at the rate in force in the country of destination.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/index_en.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 neill1122

Kerikosan wrote: »
    I think they are a great company I've never had any problems and they delivery is quite fast and the packaging of my guitar was nuts! the amount of bubble and air wrap to ensure the product got to me 100% in fairness they do a great job. :D

Will definitely use them again & again.

They may be great but,they're still charging you VAT that they shouldn't be charging you,which can add considerably to the item you are buying!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You´ve got that wrong. If distance sales by a company between member states of the EU exceed €100,000 they must seek VAT registration in each country and charge the applicable rate in the importing country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Ah right, Feylya had already explained most of it above.

You all need to direct your outrage elsewhere, preferably towards something productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CityofDawros

Does anybody know what is upcoming on the Dealometer or if there is a way to find out? Today there are Peavey amps, microphones, portable recorders and Zoom bundles. They change every day or every few days. I'm buying a Takamine guitar in the next month or so and it would be handy if I could avail of a deal when I purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone know of any music stores with free postage?

What are you looking to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone know of any music stores with free postage?

Any order above 199€ on thomann is shipped to Ireland for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Can anybody vouch for Thomann with regards to how they treat guitars when they send them over. Thinking of getting a Fender Sonoran and just wondered if anyone had recent experiences delivery-wise?

(And if someone hear knows anything about Fender Sonorans, spill dammit! :) )

Advertisement