Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 anonimouse

I haven't even thought about packing my bag but I'm coming up on 30 weeks, so I suppose that I had better get it sorted.

I can't find any nice nursing nightdresses though, has anyone seen any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'm nearly 28 weeks and don't have my hospital bag packed, but have most of the things I need for it (I think...)... am aiming to have it packed in the next 2 weeks.
    I'm just impatient though!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

smccarrick wrote: »
    Thankyou Cat- I wasn't sure whether it was ok to post here or not- and then I noticed everyone enquiring over in TLL.......

She is a gorgeous little girl- we are so proud of her.

Mommy is quite sick unfortunately- and has only seen our little girl briefly for a few minutes in the delivery room- I really hope she is able to see her in the morning (she is on a drip overnight again, not allowed eat, and not allowed go anywhere).:(

Shane

Massive Congrats on your beautiful new baba :) I hope Mammy is feeling better x

I've finally got to 11 weeks :) what a long 9 weeks it has been :) so excited for my Xmas baba! My morning sickness has finally seemed to ease off too :)
    Has anyone any idea of when I should submit my maternity benefit forms into Social Welfare? I know I'm jumping the gun but wanna get plans into action :) can't wait to start buying baba things hehe! If ya can't tell it's my 1st and long awaited for :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

We came home on Saturday but it has been a blur. She is a bit jaundiced and her weight is a bit less like her big brother was. The birth, well it was not nice and leave it at that, only worth it because she is such a beautiful sweet little girl. She is totally different from her brother but is placid and really loves playing with her long fingers, she loves hugs, kisses and mummy and daddy's heartbeat. She is all I could ever have dreamed for in a daugher and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

CathyMoran wrote: »
    We came home on Saturday but it has been a blur. She is a bit jaundiced and her weight is a bit less like her big brother was. The birth, well it was not nice and leave it at that, only worth it because she is such a beautiful sweet little girl. She is totally different from her brother but is placid and really loves playing with her long fingers, she loves hugs, kisses and mummy and daddy's heartbeat. She is all I could ever have dreamed for in a daugher and more.

Hi Cathy!
    Shane was telling the ladies over in TLL that you were home and feeling a bit under the weather :(
    Hope you get well soon so that you can enjoy her to the full
    At least I know the name you've picked now! :D

Best wishes for a speedy recover

***HUGE hugs*****

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

anonimouse wrote: »

I've looked everywhere but no luck yet. Mothercare have nice stuff but it is far too expensive.

The pennys ones are vile; I know I shouldn't care how they look but I really do.

CathyMoran wrote: »

Congratulations Cathy :) I hope you fully recover from the birth soon and get to enjoy your beautiful daughter to the full x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Cathy my heart goes out to you, glad your little lady is doing well.

Hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Got my letter for my first hospital appointment in the post at the end of the week. Had to wait til today to book the scan (didn't realise I had to book it myself) and they're not going to see me before 22 weeks. I'm currently 12-13.

Not happy.

So I rang the private clinic they have beside them (I'm with Holles St.) and they've booked me in for tomorrow!

So I've gone from being more than a little annoyed to more than a little excited! I rang himself right after and I was crying happy tears when I was telling him.

Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Tigeress wrote: »
    I've finally got to 11 weeks :) what a long 9 weeks it has been :) so excited for my Xmas baba! My morning sickness has finally seemed to ease off too :)
    Has anyone any idea of when I should submit my maternity benefit forms into Social Welfare? I know I'm jumping the gun but wanna get plans into action :) can't wait to start buying baba things hehe! If ya can't tell it's my 1st and long awaited for :)

Congrats 11 weeks already :eek: that has flown! You don't send the social welfare forms in until 24 weeks, no harm having them filled in & left somewhere safe though til the time comes :)

Cathy, massive congratulations to you!!!!! It doesn't seem like so long we were on the pregnancy thread having our first babies & here's you with no. 2 now!
    I'm delighted that you're home safe & that your beautiful little girl is well. She is absolutely gorgeous, you're so lucky :) What does your son make of his little sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Cathy the biggest congratulations to you and Shane, she's a little dote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Tigeress I'd hold off on the Maternity Benefit forms until at least 24 weeks. The reason being that right now you might feel that you can work right up until you are 2 weeks before your due date but closer to the time you may prefer to finish up in work earlier.

Thanks Cap & Eoinio! Im gonna hold off till at least 24 weeks as suggested :) my job sent me a maternity booklet that advises me on all my rights and answers loads of questions and has all the forms I need attached which I though was brill! They say in it that if I work till 4 weeks before I'm due they'll pay me the 2 weeks so I can finish up then & won't have to take maternity payments till 2 weeks before :) I'm pretty happy with that! Although I have to wear company blouses as it's retail and they do supply maternity shirts which I received the other day and it turns out it's the sane shirt only 2 sizes bigger! It looks awful & I'm nearly at the end of my normal size blouse already! I asked if I could wear my own clothes (smart clothes) instead so waiting on them to get back to me... Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

anonimouse wrote: »
    I haven't even thought about packing my bag but I'm coming up on 30 weeks, so I suppose that I had better get it sorted.

You might find it easier to breastfeed with pyjama's. .. it's a lot more discreet just to pull a top up than pull half your top sideways. . ;)
    Most stretchy cotton ones with buttons on the front are usually sufficient. .. i've breastfed 3 and i've never used a nightie other than an ordinary one or pjs ..

I packed my bag for the last one when i was 41+5. . the day before i went into be induced :D my husband threatened to pack it for me but knowing that if he did i could end up with anything i relented and did it . . .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

+1 on pjs rather than nighties. Apart from being more flexible for feeding, when you're wearing massive maternity pads post-baby (for anything up to 7 weeks), the security of the pjs keeping everything in place are comforting. Next do them for about €30 (online) although I just got a stretchy pair of standard black pj bottoms from Dunnes a couple of sizes too big and paired them with either 2 vest tops (one to pull up, one to pull down) or with a breastfeeding top or t-shirt. My favourite place for casual bf tshirts is http://www.mamafeelsgood.com (UK based) and keep an eye on http://www.onceborn.com (Irish owned) for sales - their stuff can be pricey but they often have discount codes.
    (I'm not connected to either website).

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

My favourite place for casual bf tshirts is http://www.mamafeelsgood.com (UK based)

I love their tops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

+1 on pjs rather than nighties. Apart from being more flexible for feeding, when you're wearing massive maternity pads post-baby (for anything up to 7 weeks), the security of the pjs keeping everything in place are comforting. Next do them for about €30 (online) although I just got a stretchy pair of standard black pj bottoms from Dunnes a couple of sizes too big and paired them with either 2 vest tops (one to pull up, one to pull down) or with a breastfeeding top or t-shirt. My favourite place for casual bf tshirts is http://www.mamafeelsgood.com (UK based) and keep an eye on http://www.onceborn.com (Irish owned) for sales - their stuff can be pricey but they often have discount codes.
    (I'm not connected to either website).

Love the mamafeelsgood site too, but just wondering if it's safe to buy your own size in these when breastfeeding or would I be wise to buy 1 size up? I'm 21 weeks at the minute & a size 10 in maternity, so a small on their site. It's my first baby, so haven't breastfed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Love the mamafeelsgood site too, but just wondering if it's safe to buy your own size in these when breastfeeding or would I be wise to buy 1 size up? I'm 21 weeks at the minute & a size 10 in maternity, so a small on their site. It's my first baby, so haven't breastfed before.
    I went up a size but I like mine roomy. After we had established feeding and my boob size stopped fluctuating enormously from feed to feed, I was back in my normal size.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Same here - I got mine on eBay - I didn't want to spend a lot on a wardrobe that I was only going to need for a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

33 weeks today :D what should I be doing to get ready ?

Just over 29 weeks now... Am loving feeling baby moving around and seeing my bump move, it's so entertaining and just... lovely!! :o
    Have a 3d scan booked for Saturday... it's gonna be the last splurge of the pregnancy I think- we're attempting to buy a house so everything from here on in will be the necessities, for a while at least!:rolleyes:

Getting the funniest sensations the last couple of days... like baby is trying to poke his toes out!! I know he's well wrapped up "up" in there, but it feels sooo weird!! Seems to happen an awful lot when I'm on the Luas, and I'm sitting struggling to keep a straight face! :D

After brown spotting and cramps over weekend we went to EPU in the Coombe yesterday.
    When they scanned it showed me at 5.5 weeks instead of nearly 7. I have a tipped uterus which can make scanning harder and lead to late implantation but after two misses I can't help but think the worst:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Barbiegirl all you can do is pray that it isn't the worst. They probably asked you to go back for a further scan in a few weeks time. Did they take bloods for you to get a hCG baseline? If not go to your gp and request the bloods to be taken asap, then again in a few days time. If your levels are rising between the 2 tests then it's a good sign.
    Best of luck.

They didn't take blood this time but I will request on Wednesday. I have however been doing my own hCG monitoring with clear blue tests. First test said 1-2 weeks, a week later it read 2-3 and this morning I tested which is a fortnight later and it read as high as they go 3+. So according to them hCG is fine. On last mis it dropped to 79 nearly over night which would be 0-1 on the tests.
    I'm crossing my fingers and toes and hoping for a miracle or that it was a bad scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

barbiegirl wrote: »
    After brown spotting and cramps over weekend we went to EPU in the Coombe yesterday.
    When they scanned it showed me at 5.5 weeks instead of nearly 7. I have a tipped uterus which can make scanning harder and lead to late implantation but after two misses I can't help but think the worst:(

Aw barbiegirl *hugs* Have they called you back for another scan?

Yep next Wednesday and we'll have a better idea then. So fingers crossed. Plus I will insist on hCG test on Wednesday if scan isn't right

Yep next Wednesday and we'll have a better idea then. So fingers crossed. Plus I will insist on hCG test on Wednesday if scan isn't right

Scary :( Hope Wednesday goes well, and the wait between now and then doesn't seem to eternal.

So we went for our 3d scan today... It was amazing- we could see baby sticking his tongue out, sucking his fingers, grabbing his toes, yawning- loads! His face was a bit stuck into the placenta, so a lot of it wasn't the clearest but we could still see loads!
    The girl did dating measurements for us, and I'm meant to be about 29.5 weeks... baby is measuring 31 weeks, and 3lb 12oz instead of the 2.5/3lb he should be at this stage! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Try not to freak about the size, I'm sure the growth will even out! Not having a 3d this time, but it was so special last time round, and my son looked exactly like the scan photos when he was born.

Advertisement