Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Congrats Mels! Soooo exciting!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I had a scan at 9 weeks. They did an internal scan as they suspected more than 1 little bab in there! Got to hear 2 strong little heart beats:D
    18 weeks on monday and still have very few symptoms besides growing bump!

Wow Newmammy!
    Thats fantastic! Congrats :)
    Are there twins in your family?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Am 21 weeks today!! Had 20 week scan last Thurs. All great, could see 4 chambers of the heart, and it pumping away - I also got to hear it for the first time, the outline of the brain, The ribs, the spine, the leg and arm bones, fingers outstretched. It was great. My hubby was so quiet he was amazed too - He always has something to say :D

Someone told me i count backwards once we get half way - so 19 weeks left??? ;););)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My sister is expecting triplets, 3 baby boys! Wahoooo!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

smccarrick wrote: »
    My sister is expecting triplets, 3 baby boys! Wahoooo!!!!!
    And his brother's wife is also expecting as well, as is his wife - wonder if I or my sister in law will have the first daughter in my husband's family. Not having as much pregnancy symtoms at the moment and getting worried but I am heading for the end of the first trimester finally.

Feeling happier - morning sickness back again - problem is that I have to eat - yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am the same Cathy, as you know, heading towards end of first trimester and I have practically no symptoms, guess I should be counting my lucky stars! I feel pretty good these days, more energy, not so queasy or crampy. Just hope everything is still ticking away nicely in there......no way to know!

Winnie wrote: »
    I am the same Cathy, as you know, heading towards end of first trimester and I have practically no symptoms, guess I should be counting my lucky stars! I feel pretty good these days, more energy, not so queasy or crampy. Just hope everything is still ticking away nicely in there......no way to know!
    Our babies are due at the same time! My son did not give me bad morning sickness but I could not get out of bed, this one makes me feel ill most of the time - am happier when they do. Will be glad when we get to the next trimester.

Hi everyone,
    A little freaked today as just been to the toilet and after wiping there was some pink...
    Duno what to do :(

Only 6/7wks...
    no pains or anything...just very worried.

• Advertisement

Try not to panic, I had the same thing and it lasted about 2 weeks but went to hospital and they told me all was fine. Some spotting is to be expected in some women in the first trimester and does not necessarily mean disaster but if you are worried and need reassuring then defo ask your GP or the hospital, that's what I did!

Had a warm bath, am worried now that I could have hurt my unborn child - hope that my baby is OK, thing is that I needed a bath - has been weeks since I had one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Quins5 if you're worried go to your Hospital A&E for a quick scan.. it will put your mind at ease, they'd rather you went in than sit at home and worry..

Cathy a bath is fine afaik, why would you think you've hurt the baby? Are you feeling unwel?? :o

Thanks Winnie & xzanti
    I'll go 1st thing in the morning if things stay the same or get worse...

:(

xzanti wrote: »
    Quins5 if you're worried go to your Hospital A&E for a quick scan.. it will put your mind at ease, they'd rather you went in than sit at home and worry..

Cathy a bath is fine afaik, why would you think you've hurt the baby? Are you feeling unwel?? :o
    I just have pregnancy superstisions - had my poor husband checking that the water was only body temperature. How are you? I see that you are almost there now :D

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I just have pregnancy superstisions - had my poor husband checking that the water was only body temperature. How are you? I see that you are almost there now :D

Body temp :eek: say you were freezing.. Jesus I love my hot baths, Doctor told me it's fine so long as it's not too hot :) I'm heading for one now actually :D

Yeah I'm nearly there, it feels a bit sureal tbh.. I'm feeling suprisingly calm actually.. Calm before the storm no doubt :eek: :D My Doc seems to think I'll go early.. I hope she's right.. My bump is huuuuuuuge :eek:

How are you feeling? x

Body temp :eek: say you were freezing.. Jesus I love my hot baths, Doctor told me it's fine so long as it's not too hot :) I'm heading for one now actually :D

Yeah I'm nearly there, it feels a bit sureal tbh.. I'm feeling suprisingly calm actually.. Calm before the storm no doubt :eek: :D My Doc seems to think I'll go early.. I hope she's right.. My bump is huuuuuuuge :eek:

How are you feeling? x
    Nausea which is great, it left me for a day and I was panicking. Daddy Shane is doing me a curry at the moment. Have a good range of maternity clothes this time as I am up and about all the time - I call our son "baby gym", looking after him keeps me busy but totally love him, being a parent is amazing. I already have a small baby bump. Just want to get to the next trimester.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not survive pregnancy with out warm baths,every pain is cured with a nice warm bath:)
    Once it is not extremely hot it should be fine:)

Come to think of it- I have a sack of Magnesium sulphate here- perfect for relaxation and relieving aches and pains- and totally safe in pregnancy....... Hmmmm........

smccarrick wrote: »
    Come to think of it- I have a sack of Magnesium sulphate here- perfect for relaxation and relieving aches and pains- and totally safe in pregnancy....... Hmmmm........

I hope you're not putting any into that curry :D

• Advertisement

I hope you're not putting any into that curry :D

Nope :)

I'm half debating making a massive bath bomb- I've also a sack of citric acid.....

Also on the cards are some homemade candy ( with the citric acid and a bag of malic acid I have here- yummy tart fruit drops!)

I guess my larder with my collection of cooking ingredients is slightly unusual then!

Cathy, a warm bath is fine, it's usually a very hot bath that's not recommended. Is there some reason why you think it may have done some damage?

bad news today. :(
    woke up this am and after wiping there was bright red blood so went straight to the hospital. Had a scan & i could see the baby & tiny fluttering heart beat but the sac had moved to the middle of the uterus. The nurse said it looks like the beginning of a mc. Im absolutely devastated. :(
    Im at home now with no real pain just what feels like a period and sobbing my heart out. I hav an appointment next tuesday to check things but iv been told basically it will probably happen over the next few days. They said they couldnt do anything seeing as there is still a heart beat (slow tho) :(
    Im off work for the rest of the week but dont know what to tell them. If i get a lot of sympathetic looks im likely to burst into tears. Id prefer they didnt kno.

An absolutely heart broken Quins5 :(

Quins5 my heart goes out to you - hugs. Have been there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

So sorry Quins5. *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 twinmaker

Quins5 - so so sorry to read your update ! take care of yourself pet xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

So sorry to hear your news Quins5

Hugs Quins5.....

*Hugs* Quins5, I wish there was something I could say to make it better.. Have lost 2 myself so I know the pain you're feeling..

Take care of yourself and make sure you take as much time off work as you need.. Don't be a hero :( x

• Advertisement

So sorry Quins5........I wish you all the best to try and get through this.........lots of hugs.

Advertisement