Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ok wheres regi

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Maybe theyre still trying to kill it with a big stick and it wont die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ah well i have nothing else to be doing today so im happy but it is taking a while to reply so maybe there starting to start

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I take it Regi decided to have a little lie in this morning ahead of a hard days work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

oops, starting a bit late :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

We're back?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It would appear so...and search is back! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

seamus wrote: »
    It would appear so...and search is back! :eek:

I wont believe it till I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Bring on the kittens!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kearnsr wrote: »
    I wont believe it till I see it

Yep 'tis back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

\o/

Seach restored.

A heartfelt well done to those involved. This is a happy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Nice one guys, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Found more posts by user is back \o/

Good job guys !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Woooow search is working! I'm well impressed.

Bualadh bos for the admins.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nice one!

I think we have all some new options 'add infraction' and 'multiquote' which are missing icons, messing up the formatting a little?

edit - and they are fixed already!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fair play lads on all the hard work. You're too kind to us. Now off to give everyone an infraction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yaysies! Good job folks.

Btw, is the home page going to stay as the list of every single forum? Cos I kinda liked it the way it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

What does an Infraction do? I'm almost afraid to click it for fear I might get addicted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

cornbb wrote: »
    What does an Infraction do? I'm almost afraid to click it for fear I might get addicted...
    Stargal wrote: »
    Yaysies! Good job folks.
    Fair play lads on all the hard work. You're too kind to us. Now off to give everyone an infraction. :)
    copacetic wrote: »
    nice one!

I think we have all some new options 'add infraction' and 'multiquote' which are missing icons, messing up the formatting a little?
    Woooow search is working! I'm well impressed.

Bualadh bos for the admins.

mwah ha ha, just t=esting all the little new things, well done everyone!!

i tried it on ya, but got this:

'You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What's this whole infraction thing about? What does it do? Is it like the old rep system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Stargal wrote: »
    Yaysies! Good job folks.

Btw, is the home page going to stay as the list of every single forum? Cos I kinda liked it the way it was...

Yay for multi quote! Nice one people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Search is back. Thank you.

timmywex wrote: »
    mwah ha ha, just t=esting all the little new things, well done everyone!!

i like the little view post arrow. the end of selective quoting???

edit- maybe not, I see you can edit out the view post bit. still nice though

i tried it on ya, but got this:

'You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators.'

A mod can only give someone who isn't a mod an infraction but I think an smod can give a mod an infraction. I got about 20 of them on boards.tv today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

The upgrade seems to have mostly gone just fine - thanks to Cloud, Asok and the usual crew. As ever, let us know is anything's buggered - cheerio!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Oooh well done.

Everything looks shiny and new here.

A mod can only give someone who isn't a mod an infraction but I think an smod can give a mod an infraction. I got about 20 of them on boards.tv today. :D

ah, but what does it do? any non mods want to volunteer for an infraction party?

ah, but what does it do? any non mods want to volunteer for an infraction party?

They don't have a choice. :) It just gives a user a warning via pm about certain violations such as abuse, bad language, spam and sig violation. I think the admins can set the consequences of a certain infraction. e.g. spam = ban or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

We had a discussion on boards.tv about the infraction system.

Over there I was able to add an infraction outside of the forums I moderate.

See attached pics to view the infraction page.

Due to exceeding my bandwith limit this month, I have been reduced to dial-up speed and cannot yet enjoy this speeded up site fully. :(
    Anyway, cheers folks. Nice work.

Advertisement