Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

killinaskully - funny- yes or no

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

No. Pat Shortt is not funny. He was good in Fr. Ted, but that's about it. Killinascully sucks unfunny balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CareBear99

I hate killinascully! :mad: But my grandparents love it,i think all older people do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

cant stand it just go out and buy dunbelievables dvd class

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Novelty wore off after first series.
    Very badly done...Shortt thinks he has it down to a tee but he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think it was a good idea at the start and the first series WAS very good. But since then it seems that the writers have just gotten lazy. The plots are ridiculous, based around the most stupid of misunderstandings and laced with juvenile, predictable and contrived jokes.

The catchphrases "He tells this one lovely", "I'm not in the habit of repeating myself" etc etc... were never really funny, are have been beaten to death. The show is very popular with kids, maybe it should be put on before six.

With a better script, the show could still be funny, but they need to get some fresh blood in the writing department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It isn't returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Elmo wrote: »
    It isn't returning.
    Praise the Lord.

cool good to see its gone maybe pat shortt can stay off the screens for a while 2give himself a break and us all break maybe come back better then ever ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

I prefer to watch Curb your enthusiasm...a comedy thats actually funny, now theres an idea.

love curb hahahaha have all the dvds probably my old humour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

love curb hahahaha have all the dvds probably my old humour

Ha ha ha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Killinascully has to be the biggest load of televisual tripe unleashed on the Irish popuation - and given the piss poor quality of much of RTE's output, that's saying a lot.

It is backward, gombeen hick and deeply unfunny. It's frankly an embarrassment to this country and I suspect viewers/supporters are like much of the cast of this show.

Delighted that it's gone for good.:)

Tallspoon wrote: »
    I prefer to watch Curb your enthusiasm...a comedy thats actually funny, now theres an idea.

Plenty of people who would find CYE dreadful, I know I have been trying to get people to watch, in fairness to them they aren't fans of Killinaskully. But they are to total different types of comedy.

It is backward, gombeen hick and deeply unfunny. It's frankly an embarrassment to this country and I suspect viewers/supporters are like much of the cast of this show.

Tad ironic that statement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

JupiterKid wrote: »

It's frankly an embarrassment to this country and I suspect viewers/supporters are like much of the cast of this show.

:)

but you're talking about half the irish population there, mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

I thought it was funny enough when it first started, now I would flick to something else in a second than sit and watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

NO I fcukin hate it. Stupid country show. I can't for the life of me wonder how it's so popular. Why does Pat Shortt get so much television time? I've lost count the amount of times he has appeared on the late late show, tubridy, ringing in the new year etc. Is that it? If he's one of our A-Listers then as a nation we must be the laughing stock of the celebrity world.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's pretty awful, I wonder do they sell it abroad. I can see it working for plastic paddys.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's pretty awful, I wonder do they sell it abroad. I can see it working for plastic paddys.

If the BBC can sell Keeping Up Appearances to us I think it only right that they suffer through this :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It's nothing to do with portraying Irish people as being thick feckin eejits.

They could do that fine. But this show is just not funny at all, I don't like it. The only funny character/scenes in it were the ones involving Dieter.

It's nothing to do with portraying Irish people as being thick feckin eejits.

They could do that fine. But this show is just not funny at all, I don't like it. The only funny character/scenes in it were the ones involving Dieter.

A very very stereotypical German!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Elmo wrote: »
    A very very stereotypical German!

Written by an Irish 'writer'. :rolleyes:

Go away please Pat Shortt!!!

Advertisement