Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

killinaskully - funny- yes or no

Options
  • 06-10-2007 11:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Did any of you read the article in the Herald this week about killinaskully, two journalists giving opposing views on the ..is it or isn't funny debate.

Personally speaking i think its......cringeworthy, i mean in this day and age having a show that portrays irish people as bog ignorant muck savages is embarrassing, surely we're beyond that??

And no im not a D4 head or a townie, i live in the sticks.

Do you think Killinaskully is funny? 27 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 27 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think it is a terrible sore on the face of Irish television.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's a horrible, horrible show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

...NO!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's painful..

.. i loved D'Unbelievables but Pat Shortt is just desperate at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Ignorant, bog stanard tv.

Is it just me, but everyone who lives with me in rural Ireland seems to think it is the television Citizen Kane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

My parents love it so maybe it appeals more to their generation. Personally I think it's all a bit simple.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Is it meant to be a comedy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Ignorant, bog stanard tv.

Is it just me, but everyone who lives with me in rural Ireland seems to think it is the television Citizen Kane

No, not everyone. I think it's sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It's embarrassingly bad - it could be really funny but the writing is useless - Pat's a nice guy but he's a bit of a one trick pony when it comes to this stuff he's been milking the same joke for years now - although I hear his new film Garage is about to change all that...very dark apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭ianrush

The thing is, I know people who are involved in commisioning this series in rte and even they admit it's absolute muck, but because it gets the ratings (and dvd sales) they can't get rid of it. So basically as long as they keep watching, RTE will keep making it. So whoever you are, STOP WATCHING IT!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

ianrush wrote:
    The thing is, I know people who are involved in commisioning this series in rte and even they admit it's absolute muck, but because it gets the ratings (and dvd sales) they can't get rid of it. So basically as long as they keep watching, RTE will keep making it. So whoever you are, STOP WATCHING IT!!

but who the f&ck is watching it, everyone i ask says they'd rather stick rusty nails in their eyes, but yet it still gets huge viewing figures?????

hhmmm....maybe there's alot of closet fans out there:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Never watched more than 5 minutes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i think it can be funny and its not an embarresment or anything but to anyone say living in america they'd thing thats ireland and its good to keep up the irish traditions and lifestyle through good old killinaskully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Saw one episode where there was an American over trying to buy land (like The Field), load of rubbish and never watched it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

i think its funny but i can only take about 10 minutes of it at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

God-awful, unfunny excuse for "comedy" - but then I can't stand Pat Shortt in most things anyway.

Though the other lads in the house love it (they tell me I don't get it cause I'm a Dub?) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Thought the first series was funny enough, but since then its been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

philstar wrote:
    but who the f&ck is watching it

Old people mostly, I'd say. My father loves it. I, and everyone that I know in or around my age(23) hates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

terrible terrible show. It is just not funny at all! Can't understand how it gets good ratings.

Ruu wrote:
    Saw one episode where there was an American over trying to buy land (like The Field), load of rubbish and never watched it again.
    In fairness Ruu,that was a good episode.It was from the first series.Total satire of "The Field".
    series2 to whatever were muck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

pd101 wrote:
    Thought the first series was funny enough, but since then its been terrible.
    My thoughts exactly.

i hope to god, this show isn't be shown abroad,,,,,the embarrasment of it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Computer says NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I often wondered who the people who enjoyed this were. It's probably the worst programme on rte in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Bad bog-TV tbh.

I often wondered who the people who enjoyed this were.

the mentally ill maybe:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

not.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The-Rigger wrote:
    not.jpg

a good point emphatically made

There are some very funny bits in it but it's frightfully inconsistent - one episode is hilarious and the next is just strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

First series was good, but it is getting worse.

It has some funny bits, but they are getting more and more sparse.

But I voted yes, just to help take the bad look off the poll...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

prospect wrote:
    First series was good, but it is getting worse.

It has some funny bits, but they are getting more and more sparse.

But I voted yes, just to help take the bad look off the poll...
    i agree with you prospect , i think pat shortt is not as good on his own he was better with jon kenny in d'unbelievables

Advertisement