Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

[PHP]Saw this yesterday but wish I had'nt![/PHP]

And you though we'd seen all the interesting cars that Ireland had to offer!!!

What a travesty, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

06-D Bentley Flying Spur, yesterday in Castleknock

dunno if anyone is with me but i think it's sweet.....tho the aston above kicks ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I saw the DBP convertible yesterday, black, I was driving so no photo !"

It looks fantastic !

That baby Aston is sweet too !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

@ Max damage - that yellow 'ferrari' in Tallaght is an Mr2 Kit car jobbie.

The joys of grodlock/rubber necking motorists on the M50 enabling me to gaze at the traffic on the opposite side (Northbound). This morning saw a new baby Aston (silver-grey colour) and a black Maserati Quattroporte. No pics again, my phone keeps givng up random messages about memory usage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Saw this €330,000 Mercedes CL 65 AMG over the weekend.

CL55 AMG is €209,000 and the CL600 is €210,000......................how does the CL65 get prices at 120,000 more ??

I'm guessing with extras it can add up to that kind of crazy money. I spoke with the owner of the car and that's what he told me it cost. He also said there are only a couple of hundred CL65 AMG's in the world. He's a Merc dealer incidentally.

I think he's full of sh1t to be honest !

I kinw the options can be mad, when you go for "Designo" stuff, like €15,000 for special chromoflair paint, but there arent too many other options you can put on a CL65 !

Either way he's loking at depreciation of €100k in the first year !!

Better off with a "55" anyway..................it just sounds so much better !

It's probably about right - according to Parkers it's £146k in the UK which is about €214k before VRT and the increased VAT rate here. Throw in a couple of options and bingo! I think they are only built upon confirmed orders as well - I'd rather have this:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=360262

and this to do the shopping in:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=360262

Saw this a couple of days back, older but still nice as it wafted past.

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote:
    Better off with a "55" anyway..................it just sounds so much better !

He had the CL 55 AMG prior to this, I guess he wanted an upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Gatster wrote:

When I checked that I first thought that it was overpriced by about €68,000 but then I realised that this description says it's a 6.0 litre Gallardo Saloon. Normally they are 5 litre coupés, so it must be the only one in the world like this...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw this today, and many times before, is it a real M3 or not though?!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Dont think so, pretty sure the E30 M3 had wider arches than the normal E30's, still looks neat thou id buy one if i could

EDIT: Check picture:
    M3_front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

E30 M3s are all left hookers too.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

E30 M3s are all left hookers too.

That's what I thought !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

That also only has an M-Sport badge, not an M3 one on the grill

I saw a 92 D Honda NSX in Dundrum today. I was on my run, and my mate stopped to tie his lace and I saw it, I have always wanted one, I want one more now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Afaik E30 M3's had 2 exhausts. Of course the fella might have done it himself, but it's work a look if you see it again.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its an E30 2 door with M-technik styling and possibly suspension. They are alpina (presumably) replica alloys. This is not an M3 as it has a different body shape 9doesn't have the aformentioned wide arches, the valance and rear spoiler are different from the M3 and they are not sports seats.
    I reckon it is one of the limited edition anniversary models (1 of 21) released to coincide with 21 years of BMW in ireland. I had a red 4 door 320i which was #16. they had the kit, sports suspension, electrics, rear head rests...
    Although not the iconic M3, they are still excellent fun to drive and I really regret selling mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,851 ✭✭✭✭unkel

MercMad wrote:
    I think he's full of sh1t to be honest !

No looks like John is right. In the Netherlands the base price of a CL65 AMG is €284,600, exactly €90,000 more :eek: than a CL55 AMG. The VAT / VRT system over there is similar to Ireland with a luxury car typically about 10% cheaper than in Ireland

• Advertisement

No looks like John is right. In the Netherlands the base price of a CL65 AMG is €284,600, exactly €90,000 more than a CL55 AMG. The VAT / VRT system over there is similar to Ireland with a luxury car typically about 10% cheaper than in Ireland

............WoW!

Now that really is throwing money away !!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,851 ✭✭✭✭unkel

MercMad wrote:
    Now that really is throwing money away !!

Yeah you were probably not far off the mark with a €100,000 depreciation for the first year

Nice black 360 on Leeson St. today. Going at a snail's pace though :(

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

dsc005625se.jpg

dsc005633av.jpg

dsc005642tn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Cool F355 there Sharkman!
    Wonder how long it'll be before someone claims it's an MR2 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A bit of class

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

sharkman wrote:
    dsc005625se.jpg

dsc005633av.jpg

dsc005642tn.jpg

Ye sharkman that Bently is parked there all the time. Seen it many a time

That Bentley is nowhere near as nice as the GT. It actually takes me a while before I twig that it's Flying Spur when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I saw this french mazda this afternoon while waiting for the train to Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nice train, was it imported? It looks LHD. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement