Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007-2008 NHL Season thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Lets Go Flyers !!

I could never get behind any team that Bobby Clarke was associated with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Such a quality photo.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55563&stc=1&d=1210030254

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Glydeside white

Im a maple leafs fan and i think they win the stanley cup this year mats sundin is a legend.

Im a maple leafs fan and i think they win the stanley cup this year mats sundin is a legend.

Spoken like a true Leafs (Leaves) fan. LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Well, that was disappointing. Losing a 3-1 lead in a game they were dominating is simply not good enough. Conceding 3 goals in 3 minutes at the end of the second was just awful. Price and the defence s**t the bed on that one. I knew then that Philly would win the series, even if they lost that game itself.

Ah well, it was a great season all round. Next is the centenary season. It would be perfect to win cup #25 in our 100th year. A cup for every four years. That would suit this club perfectly. :)

• Advertisement

Im a maple leafs fan

Unlucky.
    and i think they win the stanley cup this year

They won't.
    mats sundin is a legend.

Debatable, but I'll give you that one.

They just fired Paul Maurice, so they are short one GM and one head Coach at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Well Joe you must be feeling pretty good about the Pens right now?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Unlucky.

They won't.

Debatable, but I'll give you that one.

Very unlucky (I should know, I am one :(); they definitely won't!; and he is a legend, no debate. HOF no question.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Very unlucky (I should know, I am one :(); they definitely won't!; and he is a legend, no debate. HOF no question.

The fact that he played in Toronto will guarentee him being a first ballot HOF'er.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

The fact that he played in Toronto will guarentee him being a first ballot HOF'er.

:rolleyes: So what are you saying, ignore his career stats and just see the blue and white jersey? Catch a grip....

mod9maple wrote: »
    :rolleyes: So what are you saying, ignore his career stats and just see the blue and white jersey? Catch a grip....

Did I say ignore his statistics ??

Playing in Toronto tends to cast a rosier glow on certain players when it comes to the HOF.

Two words for you: Bob Pulford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

I done think so. Sundin has consistently been a great player for a bad and mediocre team over the years.

He deserves it.

I done think so. Sundin has consistently been a great player for a bad and mediocre team over the years.

He deserves it.

I am not saying that he doesn't deserve it.

I am agreeing that he is going into the HOF.

I am also going so far as to say he goes in his first year of eligibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CstlbrGrl73

The Old Wings against the Young Pens. Should be a great SCF. Go Pens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

Saw that earlier for the first time, amazin stuff. Will post more (crap) later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Lets go Red Wings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CstlbrGrl73

Experience is definitely winning out so far. I hope the Pens can at least make a series of this and win one or two games. I don't like sweeps (unless it's my team doing it of course! LOL)

• Advertisement

Experience is definitely winning out so far. I hope the Pens can at least make a series of this and win one or two games. I don't like sweeps (unless it's my team doing it of course! LOL)

I could honestly care less who wins the Cup this season, but I would just like to see the pinacle the season go seven games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PRIDGE

Congratulations to the Red Wings on winning the Stanley Cup,that's not easy to say coming from a die hard Blackhawks fan.Oh well there is always next season.Go Blackhawks.
    Pat Ridge:pac:

PRIDGE wrote: »
    Congratulations to the Red Wings on winning the Stanley Cup,that's not easy to say coming from a die hard Blackhawks fan.Oh well there is always next season.Go Blackhawks.
    Pat Ridge:pac:

Glad to hear that there is more than one of us on the boards Pat !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BFfTf8MNE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

so when it the new season starting. can't wait

cena wrote: »
    so when it the new season starting. can't wait

Saturday 4 October 2008 in Prague

This is the master schedule for the NHL.

I am flying to Chicago on the 10th to take in five games while I am in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PRIDGE

First of all have a safe trip,there is no need to wish you a good time because you will have a good time!!!!!!!!Hope the Hawks can do the business,the expections are very high for the Hawks this forth coming season.
    Go Hawks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

yes free hockey for the weekend. would love subscribe to nasn. if i was still was working i would. haven't been for nearly seven months due to an injury

Why is the 2007/2008 thread pinned and not the 2008/2009 ?? lol

Advertisement