Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007-2008 NHL Season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i heard a statistic in On The Fly today, habs v bruins is the thirty somethingth playoff series between the two teams... and with habs 7-0 up on the bruins for the season, boston are gonna have to psych themselves up for this playoff.. didn't help losing to sabres on saturday though. but at they same time if they'd won they would have had to face the pengs, i don't think anyone wants to do that right now. i think the flyers have the toughest task though, Caps are on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

As a Leafs fan I don't want the Sens anywhere near Lord Stanley, and thankfully they won't! :) Personally I'd love to see an Original Six Finals - Habs vs Wings. If not Habs then Pens 'cause I love watching them, and they have the best Sports Logo anywhere in the world (you gotta love that hockey penguin! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Well we finish the season with 7 against Vancouver, Including Iggy with his
    50th,

Real class by Iggy when he went and got all his teammates and had them shake hands with Trevor Linden as Trevor is speculated as about to retire.

Also class by the Canuck fans who applauded Iggy on his 50th.

Now to the fun. We beat San Jose 3-1 in the season series so have a chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Playoff Time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sushi

I'll be in Ireland for the beginning of the playoffs and was wondering if there would be pubs in Dublin or Cork that carry channels that would show highlights (or even replays) of games. I know better than to hope for live feeds while I'm away.

GO FLAMES GO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

Sushi wrote: »
    I'll be in Ireland for the beginning of the playoffs and was wondering if there would be pubs in Dublin or Cork that carry channels that would show highlights (or even replays) of games. I know better than to hope for live feeds while I'm away.

GO FLAMES GO!

http://europe.espn360.com/

Got this from another forum, I guess the playoff pass is 39 Euro or so (I can't see the site in N.A.

I think nhl.com might stream it through Centre Ice as well, but I'm not exactly sure. Other than that, a pub that carries NASN is really the only place you can see them.

Pens 2-0 up at the end of the first. Playoff Hockey is here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sushi

http://europe.espn360.com/

Got this from another forum, I guess the playoff pass is 39 Euro or so (I can't see the site in N.A.

I think nhl.com might stream it through Centre Ice as well, but I'm not exactly sure. Other than that, a pub that carries NASN is really the only place you can see them.

Thanks very much. Just because I won't be in Calgary I had to give up my 2 tickets to game 3...:mad:
    Flames nearly gave me a heart attack in the last minute and a half. Hoping for another good game tomorrow night.

Sushi wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Just because I won't be in Calgary I had to give up my 2 tickets to game 3...:mad:
    Flames nearly gave me a heart attack in the last minute and a half. Hoping for another good game tomorrow night.

Hey Sushi, tickets could be put to good use with this poster. :):)

Flames up 1-0. And then we get a blizzard this morning during rush hour. Playoff Hockey Season. :)

Bruins almost did what they haven't done for the past 9 games against habs.. but habs as usual left it late to save the game putting them 2-0 up in the series.. it'll be a tough couple of nights in boston though, bruins seem to be finally getting fed up of losing to habs, i'm not sure they'll go the whole series without a win.. but who knows...

• Advertisement

as i thought, bruins put home advantage to good use by catchin Montreal on a poor change up to bring bruins back into the series with an overtime goal.. the second game to be decided in overtime in the series. habs were caught napping and paid the price.. no pun intended. but even he didn't see that goal coming! the victory was even sweeter for bruins as they end their losing streak, a statistic mentioned on versus on saturday night was that for the last 10 games they lost against habs they had never even lead. scoring first proved to be an omen then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,011 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The Pens have brushed the Sens aside in the 1st round. I think the eastern Final will be between the Pens and the Habs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Pens have brushed the Sens aside in the 1st round. I think the eastern Final will be between the Pens and the Habs

I think that the Sens are going to be looking for a new Head Coach/General Manager in the offseason.

At least the Sens where not as bad as the Leafs.

Montréal had a bad game last night just hope it does not go to the 7 game now that Boston have home ace in the next game

At least the Sens where not as bad as the Leafs.

Montréal had a bad game last night just hope it does not go to the 7 game now that Boston have home ace in the next game

The Leafs (Leaves) have already dumped their GM.

Murray is in up to his eyeballs at the moment.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'd expect them to get further than last campaign at least, and after that, who knows!

10th September last year ^^^

Mission accomplished, anything else now is a bonus. Go Pens! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Just finished watching game 6........Montreal`s defence have been absolutely pathetic in the last two third periods. 8 goals conceded in those two periods, WTF???

Tonight was Montreals' to win if they just manned up. Seriously. The D didn't and now it's game 7. Boston have all the momentum. Coach Carbo had better skate the team into the ice tomorrow.

SO. ANGRY.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Spaceman Spiff

Calgary dominates the Sharks in every facet to force a Game 7, Stars and Wings advance to the 2nd round.

I really thought Anaheim had the makings for another Cup run, but they just went from being a fast, physical team who had scoring coming from all over the place, to just being a big, stupid and physical team who had only one scoring line which wasn't producing. Now if they lose Selanne and Niedermayer for good, they're going to be in a pretty big hole if you ask me.

As for the Preds, they really surprised this year, everybody felt that after their firesale and ownership troubles they'd be bottom feeders. But they managed to fight their way into the playoffs and give Detroit a good run for their money. Ellis stood on his head, shame he had to let in that goal though.

Good game last night between Montréal and Boston good shut out by Price

I am really curious if we are going to see him listed as one of the Calder Finalists tomorrow.

As of right now, it is Kane, Backstrom and Toews in my book.

He deserves to be mentioned though.

• Advertisement

Price has been good since he came up.

Just reading the Montréal papers there lots of roiting last night after the game

Boy Am I nervous about tonight. Which Flames team is going to show up. The smart one where everyone plays hard and shoots the puck after gettinginto a bit of space or the dumb one where they take penalties.

I hope the former, and that the stripes do a good job.

Didn't think much of it as a game myself!

Flip. :(:(:(:(

Flip. :(:(:(:(

That was the hardest fought series of the playoffs.

It is a shame that one of the teams had to come out on the losing end of that series.

Absolutely sensational game from Pittsburgh tonight. The Pens went 3-0 down by the half-way point, came back and went 4-3 up, blew it and then won it in the last two minutes. The usual suspects were at it again.

I told the mate I was with to throw a fiver on the Pens when they were 2-0 down, and again at 3-0. This team has some serious steel.

Another hard-fought (and possibly slightly fortunate) win for the Pens tonight, against the awesome Lundqvist and his Rangers. Six wins from six, and looking good for a place in the Eastern final. A Penguins-Flyers series would be amazing for the sport, would generate brilliant interest far beyond PA. I can see the Pens winning one of the next two games and clinching it back in the Igloo in Game 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

San Jose live on.....just. Coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the third to win in OT could give them the boost they need to make a series out of this.

Game 5 tonight for the Habs vs Philly. Montreal were desperately unlucky to not score in game three before Philly took the 3-0 lead in that game. I mean, three posts in the first period, c'mon! Biron has been great when he's had to be but anypne can look like the second coming of Patrick Roy when there is no Hab screening you in front of the net.

The last time a team came back from a 3-1 series deficit was the Habs in 2004 versus Boston. I still believe that it can happen again but the team has to do the tough, simple stuff first. Price has to play like Price. The team has to quit the picture perfect, fancy plays which haven't worked in the playoffs so far and play effective hockey. A goal counts the same no matter how it's scored.

Go Habs Go, let's win this one and bring it back to Philly for game 6.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I can see the Pens winning one of the next two games and clinching it back in the Igloo in Game 5.

:D

If I do say so myself! Bring on Philly!

• Advertisement

Lets Go Flyers !!

Advertisement