Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst place in Ireland......

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭brucer24!

Bandon!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

You haven't been to most of the country so.
    Dublin is a fake american,faceless, dump.

Yes I have. I lived in Cork and Drogheda and I've been to most of the country for at least some period of time and I can safely say its all horrible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Yes I have. I lived in Cork and Drogheda and I've been to most of the country for at least some period of time and I can safely say its all horrible. :D

i don't hate dublin, in fact i like it alot and have lots of friends from both the south and north side of the city but your statements are crazy. tallaght and clondalkin are nothing but warehouses. ballymun, crumlin, summerhill etc are not exactly places you would bring your girlfriend for a night out :D parts of dublin are really nice though

west kerry, west donegal, inishowen, connemara, achill island, west clare, north antrim all horrible according to you??? you my friend are in need of a pair of glasses and badly :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

rossie1977 wrote: »
    west kerry

West Kerry is the worst.

Farmers just standing on the road all day watching people go by in their cars. I know of at least 6 or 7 that do that. Its just creepy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

bleg wrote: »
    tipp town

close thread

I wholeheartedly subscribe to this motion.

Feckin awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

Many fine dumps have been mentioned, Leixlip included.
    This has to be a straight toss between Cootehill and Edenderry,
    which are essentially the same town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Farmers just standing on the road all day watching people go by in their cars. I know of at least 6 or 7 that do that. Its just creepy

...and that farmer wave you always return when you're in the car. Not even a wave really, hard to describe. A kind of nod and the hand rises slightly as the car goes by. "Howya. Nothing much up. Bye now"

^ Edenderry needs to die alright.

As for Leixlip, anyone agree that that is truly the worst smelling town in Ireland? Up around the nightclub there....jaaaaaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Dublin. I wish we could just erect a massive all around it, Escape From New York style, and let the locals sort themselves out.

PrivateEye wrote: »

As for Leixlip, anyone agree that that is truly the worst smelling town in Ireland? Up around the nightclub there....jaaaaaysus.

ever been to ballyhaunis in county mayo?? they even did a piece on don't feed the gondolas on it being the "smelliest town in ireland", the smell actually comes from the meat factory located in the middle of town. on some days when the wind in blowing from the factory up the town the smell of rotting animals is enough to make you sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Quinine wrote: »
    Dublin. I wish we could just erect a massive all around it, Escape From New York style, and let the locals sort themselves out.

A wall sounds good. Might keep all you culchies out.

Xavi6 wrote: »

then you would have no gardai to control the scumbags who would run riot ;)

Xavi6 wrote: »

I never met a dub I liked, but I r*de a lad who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

rossie1977 wrote: »
    then you would have no gardai to control the scumbags who would run riot ;)

Vigilantes ftw!

/goes off to prepare sackfull of door knobs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

abitlonely wrote: »
    I never met a dub I liked, but I r*de a lad who did.

I've no idea what you're trying to say here but you need to show more respect towards your capital city. By reading your post, I'm not surprised you're abitlonely.... weird...:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    I've no idea what you're trying to say here but you need to show more respect towards your capital city. By reading your post, I'm not surprised you're abitlonely.... weird...:rolleyes:

Why is my capital city deserving of more respect than any other place?
    Because it's full of 'more advanced than thou' dubs? How do you even
    show respect for a city? I don't litter or engage in any of the anti-social
    behaviour which you inevitably encounter spending more than an hour
    walking the place. I draw your attention to
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341266

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

abitlonely wrote: »
    Why is my capital city deserving of more respect than any other place?
    Because it's full of 'more advanced than thou' dubs? How do you even
    show respect for a city? I don't litter or engage in any of the anti-social
    behaviour which you inevitably encounter spending more than an hour
    walking the place. I draw your attention to
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341266

Since dublin has about a third of the population and only 22% of people want to "nuke it" then I don't get your point?

How could you hate the most diverse and multi-cultural place on our island?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

enda1 wrote: »
    Dude everyone hate's Gort.
    And what the **** is a dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

Derry is in Northern Ireland not Ireland.
    The sooner people come around to accept historical FACTS, the sooner we can all relax and eventually sort out this whole issue.

But I do love stirring the proverbial sh*t, so one word: Londonderry :)

It really is almost unbelieveable that in this day and age people can still be so ignorant.:confused: The island of Ireland is split into two political entities, The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, the latter of which is a part of the UK. Derry is thus not in the Republic but is in Ireland. The sooner people like you and that other idiot stop spouting such rubbish, the sooner the Irish can progress as a race.

It really is almost unbelieveable that in this day and age people can still be so ignorant.:confused: The island of Ireland is split into two political entities, The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, the latter of which is a part of the UK. Derry is thus not in the Republic but is in Ireland. The sooner people like you and that other idiot stop spouting such rubbish, the sooner the Irish can progress as a race.

Yes.
    That is what's stopping us develop as a race.

• Advertisement

in terms of multi-culturalism i would bet galway would be up there and its not some new thing with galway its being known as the "city of the tribes" for centuries, even roscommmon is multi-cultural these days, something like 10% of the population are brazilian, another 10% is polish, then you have other eastern europeans and a good 10% are Dubs who seem to be the most confused nationality living here ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Derry is not in Ireland.

No, Londonderry is.

try that again in English.

this makes no sense. can you try again but this time in English.

el diablo wrote: »
    this makes no sense. can you try again but this time in English.

It's one of em speshul jokes only culchies get mate. You wouldn't be interested.

It's one of em speshul jokes only culchies get mate. You wouldn't be interested.

:)
    Since dublin has about a third of the population and only 22% of people want to "nuke it" then I don't get your point?

No, you don't. By you're reasoning, the more populated a place, the more people should want to nuke it.
    What I presume you meant was 'Despite the fact that it has a third
    of the population, who probably don't want to die in such a way,
    over a fifth of those polled would choose it to be nuked'.

Well it's 'on' Ireland at any rate.

Two things Derry has got going for it that I have noticed.

* Municipal wireless internet within the walled city.

* A large manga and anime convention each year.

Me...? I just plain can't stand Clifden.

I never knew Derry had a Manga/Anime convention!!

could you PM me and tell me more about it

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin, ive just spent a few years in derry it has to be the worst place in ireland because:
    1. The people have the most annoying whinging accent ive ever heard.
    2. The place is looks like its falling down.
    3 There are no decent single women in the place, they are all pregnant by the age of 18 and drawing dole.
    3. The place is extremely zenophobic and narrow minded.
    4. There are no decent bar/clubs.
    5. The place has to be the most divided and sectarian city in Ireland.
    6. The place is full of scumbags.

I could go on and on, but I did meet some good people there, mostly from ther loyalist/ protestant side of the city. Before I went up there I like many from the south rhought that I united Ireland was a good idea now im completely against it, im now of the opinion as kevin myers wrote in the irish Times that a team of JCBS should work 24 hours around the clock and dig a trench aroud the North and let the North float into the atlantic sea!
    I think that Derry people in general lack confidence about their city and have chip on their shoulder about where they are from.
    Anyway rant over anybody got any other similar experiences?

I agree with you on many points, but it has a great University and good nightlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

nesf wrote: »
    You know, us Duhallow people are really good at nurturing grudges....

+1
    I love duhallow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Shannon... or many of the soulless satellite towns around Dublin. horrible soulless vacuous places.
    Derry's a great place i always think. great nightlife, the people are sound, really interesting history

Advertisement