Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Mods Scare you and Why?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bambi wrote:
    Im a little weary of terry though, he's not always rational

The word you are looking for is "Sober".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Suprised not so many people picked me.
    And Karl Hungus, were I in a mosh pit.

Karl Hungus doesn't mosh. Court order. ;)

And on that note, Karl Hungus doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the world down. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Suprised not so many people picked me.

Karl Hungus doesn't mosh. Court order. ;)

And on that note, Karl Hungus doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the world down. :D

Has pighead hadked your account?

Has pighead hadked your account?

Pighead did not "hadk" Karl Hungus's account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pighead did not "hadk" Karl Hungus's account.

It's late. Leave me alone.

Edit: Should that be Karl Hungus' account?

• Advertisement

Edit: Should that be Karl Hungus' account?

Yes.

Yes.

I think I'll go request acces to spell czech. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes.
    No. :)

You only use the s' ending when you are doing a possessive plural, e.g. "The employees' payslips".

If if it is a singular plural, but still ends in s, you use 's, e.g. "Karl Hungus's axe".

Though it's not quite so common in Ireland, sometimes a singular plural is pronounced as if it wasn't a plural, e.g. an Englishman might say, "St. James Hospital", instead of "St. James's Hospital". In the former case, "St. James' Hospital" may be acceptable because that's the way the writer pronounces it, even if it is grammatically incorrect.

Also, the apostrophe is only used for possessives. So when you say, "I want to be like the Hunguses", that's the way it's written, not, "Hungus's, Hungus' or Hungus".

</lesson over> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads scared of Seamus's(?) excellence of English. He punctuates perfectly and his alliteration is amazing also. He is perhaps the perfect Moderator.

Although he was even more perfect(perfecter?) when his sig thing read "Lord of the Pings". That was great, culabula is rubbish. Sort it out pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

My last title was pretentious. It bembarassed me.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    My last title was pretentious. It bembarassed me.
    Whoever told you that was a spiteful jealous good for nothing fool. Lord of the Pings was brilliant for many reasons.
    1/ It rhymed, rhymes are always a great way to start off a day.
    2/ It was functional as it let Pighead and other users know that you were not only adept at your job, but in fact fantastic at it.
    3/ And this is the clever bit that most people probably missed, it's a reference to the hit movie Lord of the Rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ruu - there's something not quite right with him... Nobody can be that nice. One of these days we'll hear about his garden being dug up by the guards investigating the disappearance of several trolls/spammers!

Ruu - there's something not quite right with him... Nobody can be that nice. One of these days we'll hear about his garden being dug up by the guards investigating the disappearance of several trolls/spammers!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53843849&postcount=81
    Terry, Pighead has reason to believe Duggy and Hail 2 Da Chimp are the same person. Hail 2 Da Duggy if you will.

Do what you have to do buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pighead wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53843849&postcount=81
    Terry, Pighead has reason to believe Duggy and Hail 2 Da Chimp are the same person. Hail 2 Da Duggy if you will.

Do what you have to do buddy.
    I don't see anything connecting them, but Ruu might find something.
    A shovel, perhaps.

seamus wrote:
    No. :)

You only use the s' ending when you are doing a possessive plural, e.g. "The employees' payslips".

If if it is a singular plural, but still ends in s, you use 's, e.g. "Karl Hungus's axe".

Though it's not quite so common in Ireland, sometimes a singular plural is pronounced as if it wasn't a plural, e.g. an Englishman might say, "St. James Hospital", instead of "St. James's Hospital". In the former case, "St. James' Hospital" may be acceptable because that's the way the writer pronounces it, even if it is grammatically incorrect.

Also, the apostrophe is only used for possessives. So when you say, "I want to be like the Hunguses", that's the way it's written, not, "Hungus's, Hungus' or Hungus".

</lesson over> :)

Damn you Seamus.

*shakes fist*

Advertisement