Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 2

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I also see the consoles get their first piece of DLC - 2 new vehicles, 3 new weapons and 4 multi maps. For 10dollarydoos. Hmmm don't think so (though us PC peeps will probably get it for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Guys,
    I've FarCry2 on my PC, mate has it on PS3, can we play against each other in multi player mode?

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i certainly hope they dont try and charge pc users for it. remember oblivion and the extra content for that?

i will mot be impressed if there is a repeat of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

pixelburp wrote: »
    I also see the consoles get their first piece of DLC - 2 new vehicles, 3 new weapons and 4 multi maps. For 10dollarydoos. Hmmm don't think so (though us PC peeps will probably get it for free).

I'd settle for a decent patch over new stuff for the PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

uglyjohn wrote: »
    i certainly hope they dont try and charge pc users for it. remember oblivion and the extra content for that?

i will mot be impressed if there is a repeat of that.
    Hey, don't knock it. That horse armour was awesome :p

Agreed on the patch; haven't played the game in a while now, am waiting for a SP patch to make the experience less frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Guys,
    I've FarCry2 on my PC, mate has it on PS3, can we play against each other in multi player mode?

Tks

No, there hasn't been a cross platform multiplayer yet

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Just unlocked the AR-16 and it rocks. Burst fire? Yes please. Droppin folks with headshots with an assault rifle from 50 yards away? Lovely :D

Anyone know of any irish servers hosting FC2? I've been experiencing some truly ****e lag recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

L31mr0d wrote: »
    It unlocks the weapons you haven't previously unlocked. If you've already completed all the gun merchants missions there will be nothing new.

weak! :mad:
    Just unlocked the AR-16 and it rocks. Burst fire? Yes please. Droppin folks with headshots with an assault rifle from 50 yards away? Lovely :D

Anyone know of any irish servers hosting FC2? I've been experiencing some truly ****e lag recently :(

if there was an irish server, would you be able to specify it? the interface on the pc looks like it was lifted straight from the xbox, and theres feck all options (granted Ive not poked around with it much at all)

Wossack wrote: »
    if there was an irish server, would you be able to specify it? the interface on the pc looks like it was lifted straight from the xbox, and theres feck all options (granted Ive not poked around with it much at all)

The PC patch 1.01 displays the server's IP in the lobby - this is in Custom Matches I assume (haven't actually looked properly at it yet but they say that the functionality is there :o). Patch 1.01

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    No, there hasn't been a cross platform multiplayer yet
    Not true: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(2007_video_game)

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    weak! :mad:

After finally having had a look at it, you can go down the list and select Direct Connect Online...which asks you for the IP of the server you want to connect to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

After finally having had a look at it, you can go down the list and select Direct Connect Online...which asks you for the IP of the server you want to connect to.

ah cool - cheers for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Any of you guys had problems saving the foreigner in Dogon Sidiko on the PC. Only mission left for me right now and when i enter the house he is in I can't open the door to get to him. It sucks im stuck as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Dogon Sidiko

Sorry where? I did a google for that and came up with nothing, except your comment here. What mission are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'll say this much, the game looks class at high res + v high detail.

best.fire.ever!

New rig struggles at bit on the ultra settings @ 1650*1050 tho but v high is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

kaimera wrote: »

best.fire.ever!

Yeah totally! I spent about 20 mins last night after buying the flamethrower just wandering around the jungle spraying fire everywhere and burning down the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Sorry where? I did a google for that and came up with nothing, except your comment here. What mission are you talking about?

Sorry Spelt it wrong Dogon Sediko on Map 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished the game there,what a crappy ending,well I suppose thats what you get when the story is bad,I enjoyed it all the same though,I really enjoyed driving around the place blowing stuff up and lighting jungles ablaze :D.are there any cool mods out?

Patch 1.02 dropped yesterday.

Can't wait to play tonight, they seem to have fixed a lot of the really dumb stuff in multiplayer. Not much change for SP though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

must give this a bash online sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I started this recently and I'm really enjoying it. I'd go so far to say it's a contender for my favourite FPS ever (which admittedly isn't difficult)

Not normally an FPS fan - didn't like Halo, CoD4 etc - but this plays completely differently to any of them. The gameplay actually reminds me a lot of Metal Gear Solid, carefully scouting ahead with my scope and trying to take out guards with my silenced pistol as I plan my route to the objective, listening out for guards having conversations to help with my planning.

The amount of incidental stuff in the game too - the fire, the physics, the wound system, the weapon maintenance, the weather etc, are really really impressive, they're the sort of things that whole games have been built around as their unique selling point, but in FC2 they're just 'there', in the background, adding to the immersion.

I'm enjoying the setting a lot too. It's refreshing not being a testosterone fuelled space marine / american soldier in one of these games. The game isn't perfect mind you, sometimes the AI players seem to have an innate ability to spot you hidden behind a rock half a mile away which can be frustrating, but when it works it works beautifully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

steviec wrote: »
    I started this recently and I'm really enjoying it. I'd go so far to say it's a contender for my favourite FPS ever (which admittedly isn't difficult)

Not normally an FPS fan - didn't like Halo, CoD4 etc - but this plays completely differently to any of them. The gameplay actually reminds me a lot of Metal Gear Solid, carefully scouting ahead with my scope and trying to take out guards with my silenced pistol as I plan my route to the objective, listening out for guards having conversations to help with my planning.

The amount of incidental stuff in the game too - the fire, the physics, the wound system, the weapon maintenance, the weather etc, are really really impressive, they're the sort of things that whole games have been built around as their unique selling point, but in FC2 they're just 'there', in the background, adding to the immersion.

I'm enjoying the setting a lot too. It's refreshing not being a testosterone fuelled space marine / american soldier in one of these games. The game isn't perfect mind you, sometimes the AI players seem to have an innate ability to spot you hidden behind a rock half a mile away which can be frustrating, but when it works it works beautifully.

Have you tried the multiplayer yet? I'm loving it, cant put it down. I have to be honest, its not perfect but its great fun! I actually prefer it to the main game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

My two best guns broke in my damn hands during a gun fight :(

any patch out yet or forth coming that will fix the AI or do something with it?

Advertisement